1st Uwharrie trip this weekend.....any tips? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Carolina Jeep Forum > 1st Uwharrie trip this weekend.....any tips?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-13-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
BaldHeadedDawg
2005 LJ Wrangler 

1st Uwharrie trip this weekend.....any tips?

I'm going to Uwharrie for the first time this weekend. Is there anything I should keep in mind? From what I've read so far, I think I'm going to avoid Daniel on this trip. I'd like to work my way up.

BaldHeadedDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
redwolf698
2004 WJ 

I don't know what you're driving or what your experience level is so it is hard to offer advice. I will be out there tomorrow with a Liberty and a TJ. Uwharrie is probably pretty dry, so it won't be at its most challenging. Here's my general suggestions.

Don't go it alone, if you a lone vehicle, ask a group if you can tag along, likely they will say yes.

Air down to about 20 PSI. If you have AT tires you will be especially glad that you did.

Get off the trail when there are other vehicles coming at you.

Enjoy yourself! I will be on CB channel 4 and FRS channel 1 if you want to holler for help.
Boat Drinks OffRoad Co-Founder
redwolf698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 08:57 AM   #3
Mud Pilot
1998 XJ Cherokee 

My Cousin has planned about 10 of us to go to Uhwarrie on the June 22 if you would like to go. We are probably going to leave that morning and we live in Nashville/Rocky Mount. So if you would like to go with us just give me a ring on me cell. 252-813-3175. Thanks and hope you have fun wheeling
Mud Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.