Thinking about joining T.O.R.C.? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > Thinking about joining T.O.R.C.?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 02-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #1
Brads_nky_yj

Thinking about joining T.O.R.C.?

Interested in the club? Wanna wheel with a safe, organized group or fun people? Then you have found the right club.

I have been talking to many people lately about the club. Mainly about who can join, how to join, where to send paperwork, where our meetings are, how much the dues are, is this a central/nky only club, etc etc. Below Im going to list all the answers for you.

First of all, ANYONE can join in this area. I have a few friends in the Cincinnati area that are interested so its not soley a KY club. We look at it as a regional club. Eventually I would like to spread out but for now keepin it in the state and close to our borders is perfect.

Now some of you might be thinking, "well yeah its a state club, but I live 2 hours from where your meetings are at in Georgetown". I have been back and forth with Will M today about that and we have come to a conclusion.

To become a member of this club you must complete the following:

1. Show interest in the club (Basically dont join because you think you have to or something, come hang out with us, talk to us on here or on the phone, show that you want to become a member-basically your already doing that if you are reading this )

2. Complete and fill out your membership application and Liability waiver form and send them to the clubs P.O. Box or bring them to a meeting/ride. You can obtain these from me (please send me a PM with your email and name)

3. Pay the set club dues ($25 for your first year and $20 for each following year you wish to renew your membership) After July 1st membership dues will be pro-rated as the membership runs from Jan 1st-Dec 31st. That means if you join after July 1st you wont have to pay the full $25 but dues are collected at the beginning of the next year so remember that.

4. Attend 1 official club ride and 1 official club meeting in a 3 month time period OR to those of you a good distance away attend 3 official club rides in a 1 year time period. (Come and ride with us one day, camp, and then ride the next day means you attended 2 club rides )

----Any member that lives to far away to attend a meeting and decides to go the 3 rides in a year route will be named as a "Prospect Member". You will still recieve official decals, be able to attend all regular club meetings and rides and will have everything the same as a "Regular Member", except for during the duration of your year you will not have an individual member page on the website like all "Regular Members" will have, and your name will be located to the left in a different color instead of in the center. If for some reason during the year you decide you do not wish to become a member the club dues you have paid will stay in the club bank account.

All meetings as of the 2009 year will be held in Georgetown, KY at a restaurant chosen by the members 2 weeks in advance. Meetings are subject to change location if the interest and demand is shown. Basically that means if enough people want to have the meeting in Lex/NKY/L-Ville/E-Town then the meeting can be moved there.

We will have one official club ride a month and that will be planned out a month (or close to it) in advance so anyone interested has time to request off work, etc. These runs will not always be at the same park or property so dont think we are like other clubs where we have a set date and a set place to ride. We will work with you and choose the place everyone wants to ride. If there is no interest in a location the executive commitee will choose a location for the monthly club ride.

Also throughout the year we will try and hold local meet n greet type of things where members can hang out and get to know potential members. I believe this is a good way to let people know about our club and meet some new people. We will also be having throughout the year a couple misc. rides to different parts of the state. These will be brought up once the time gets closer.

Please send all completed documents and dues to:

T.O.R.C. Off Road
P.O. Box 1211
Union, KY 41091

You can also bring them to any club meeting or club ride.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion a few of you had and also helps local people with wondering eyes decide on joining this great group of people and friends we like to call Twisted Off Road.

Thanks,
Brad

Last edited by Brads_nky_yj; 02-25-2009 at 11:40 PM..
Brads_nky_yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:32 PM   #2
yjislander
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Saaaweeeeeeettt
penaties™
cought™
buissinesses™
mabey™
seel™
come'in™

Christian Jeeper #4

92 Yj on 32's
2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
I'm so poor, I bought a hooker then beat her up and took my fake money back.
yjislander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
Brads_nky_yj

Yuppers!!!
Unread 02-26-2009, 06:08 AM   #4
86Spider
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I think another benefit in joining would be the chance to have some "Tech Sessions", get a few club members together to help wrench on your ride. Great chance to learn about how everything comes apart and hopefully goes back together!! Nothing better then sitting around on a Saturday afternoon/evening working on a ride with new/old friends......

86Spider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
Brads_nky_yj

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Spider View Post
I think another benefit in joining would be the chance to have some "Tech Sessions", get a few club members together to help wrench on your ride. Great chance to learn about how everything comes apart and hopefully goes back together!! Nothing better then sitting around on a Saturday afternoon/evening working on a ride with new/old friends......

Exactly. We are here to help members and any potential members. We all love working on rigs no matter what. Mark you gonna join bud?
Unread 02-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #6
86Spider
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brads_nky_yj View Post
Mark you gonna join bud?
Check's in the mail..............

No, seriously it really is. Check the PO Box tomorrow!!!
Y'all believe me......right??!!

86Spider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #7
Brads_nky_yj

I was just wondering if you had the paperwork. I'll check the P.O. Box lol
Unread 02-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #8
whiskeybent
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Brad, Did you get my application?
Unread 02-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #9
Brads_nky_yj

Not yet. I checked tonight and it wasnt there. Probably be there tomorrow tho. When did you send it?
Unread 02-26-2009, 09:41 PM   #10
whiskeybent
1998 TJ Wrangler 

tues or wed, been so busy at work the days are blurring together.
Unread 02-26-2009, 09:42 PM   #11
Brads_nky_yj

Im sure it will be there tomorrow then. I will let ya know when I get it for sure tho!
Unread 02-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #12
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

you must have sent it yesterday as interstate mail turnover time is 1 day

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.