Slade 23-24th - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > Slade 23-24th

DynoMax fall Ultra Flo Welded rebate is here!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Shocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 07-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
Wrangler_91
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Slade 23-24th

me and a buddy are heading down to slade for the weekend. I have been once before but really don't know the trail system. If anyone is interested in joining us or can show us around that would be great. Also any chance anyone has any type of trail map of slade? I've looked everywhere but can't find anything. I would rather not go randomly riding through the woods but this is the first chance I've gotten to go somewhere in awhile. I'd anyone is interested in joining us let me know, we would love to have ya. Or if you have any pointers about the areatht would be great to.

What's a good place to camp at down there. Just need primitive camping.

Wrangler_91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
adamkn
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've been to slade once. I'm not able to join you guys on the 23rd, but thought I'd offer a little input from my experience there.

It's a great place to wheel, nice scenery and lots of great obstacles. It's probably 2nd best in the region, with Harlan County, KY being #1.

However, it's a huge area, and it's also pretty easy to end up on private property. You can get yourself into trouble if you end up somewhere that you are not supposed to be. And with it being such a large area, it'd be easy to get completely lost. You might not see that as a problem if you are really adventurous - but if one of you guys get hurt and need help, then it's a major problem if you can't find your way out quickly. Also, some of the obstacles are pretty "hard-core" - meaning that the consequence of picking the wrong line could result in a 100'+ fall off of a ledge/cliff.

This is just my 2-cents. If you are interested in my recommendation - I'd suggest tagging along with a club-organized trail ride to Slade, where you'd have an opportunity to follow people that know where they are going.

If it's just you and your friend for the 23rd, you might want to check out Big Rock Off Road Park, especially if you haven't been there recently. They've continued to add new trails. They just recently opened their "Jeep trail", which is not "hard core" by any means, but you can still have some fun on it. It's pretty well marked. And it's closer than Slade.
adamkn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.