New OHV Park at old Hillz & Hollarz location - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > New OHV Park at old Hillz & Hollarz location

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #46
MudMadnessMotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJNKY
Fair enough. I know some of the parks run all winter, and others have specific times they are closed. Gotta keep the neighbors happy. I just didn't know if that was one of the zoning provisions.
Yea the zoning board was the reason why we had to close the park down when it was HnH

MudMadnessMotor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #47
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

So, when does MM open back up for the year?
XJNKY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #48
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJNKY View Post
So, when does MM open back up for the year?
I haven't heard an exact date, yet. However, now that DTOR and Horseshoe are closed, Mud Madness should have a really good year.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #49
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Don't forget 491
Unread 02-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #50
MudMadnessMotor

we plan to open in April
Unread 02-26-2014, 04:02 PM   #51
MudMadnessMotor

I'm not a100% sure on the details. When I get more I will update this forum
Unread 02-26-2014, 08:39 PM   #52
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMadnessMotor View Post
I'm not a100% sure on the details. When I get more I will update this forum
I need to get off my butt and turn some wrenches so the Little Jeep will be ready
Unread 04-02-2014, 07:57 AM   #53
Takeitorbreakit
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Ill be back for sure! Awesome place to ride. I was driving one of the XJs that was with the big pink chevy when we got stuck down in the holler last year and had to make a new road out. That was an interesting day for sure. LOL
Unread 04-02-2014, 08:09 AM   #54
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Have they opened back up?

Last I heard (Facebook) there was some delay with insurance.
Unread 04-02-2014, 08:14 AM   #55
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I know that the insurance issue is being addressed. The OHV Park should be open soon.
Unread 04-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #56
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone have any explanation to what the insurance problems actually are? I heard that was what caused 491 to close, and I heard some mumblings it might have played a part in DTOR.

Is this a new legal requirement? Is it just a CYA maneuver?

I know the waiver system isn't as fool proof as many like to think it is.
Unread 04-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #57
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Anyone have any explanation to what the insurance problems actually are? I heard that was what caused 491 to close, and I heard some mumblings it might have played a part in DTOR.

Is this a new legal requirement? Is it just a CYA maneuver?

I know the waiver system isn't as fool proof as many like to think it is.
Rumor has it, DOTR had many issues
Unread 04-02-2014, 01:23 PM   #58
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well, yeah. Anyone paying attention could tell that there was more going on there than was being broadcast to the public. But I heard it insinuated (and by no means from a reputable source, that's why I'm classifying it as rumor) that some insurance issue might have been the proverbial straw on the turtle's back. I also heard Horseshoe Bend might have had something to do with operating costs, but I have no idea if that's true. It was a nice place with nice guys running it, but I know they had some issues with their neighbors, and I don't think they ever got the level of traffic they were wanting.

Again, all internet speculation. You hear things. Just got me curious if there was some new law or something, or just coincidence.

Apparently they opened a new park just north of London KY recently. That's pretty close to my college stomping grounds. Great hilly terrain. If I can ever get my tow rig and my trail rig to be running at the same time, I'd like to go give it a tour. (still haven't made it to mud madness and it's 30 miles from me).
Unread 04-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #59
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, yeah. Anyone paying attention could tell that there was more going on there than was being broadcast to the public. But I heard it insinuated (and by no means from a reputable source, that's why I'm classifying it as rumor) that some insurance issue might have been the proverbial straw on the turtle's back. I also heard Horseshoe Bend might have had something to do with operating costs, but I have no idea if that's true. It was a nice place with nice guys running it, but I know they had some issues with their neighbors, and I don't think they ever got the level of traffic they were wanting.

Again, all internet speculation. You hear things. Just got me curious if there was some new law or something, or just coincidence.

Apparently they opened a new park just north of London KY recently. That's pretty close to my college stomping grounds. Great hilly terrain. If I can ever get my tow rig and my trail rig to be running at the same time, I'd like to go give it a tour. (still haven't made it to mud madness and it's 30 miles from me).
Rumors and gossip are in unlimited supply on the Web. Horseshoe was a nice place, the owners and people there were as good as they come. Unfortunately, they just could not make a go of it.
Unread 04-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #60
MudMadnessMotor

Will you be ready to flood the gates. Saturday April 12 at daylight Mud Madness will officially be open for business.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.