New OHV Park at old Hillz & Hollarz location - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > New OHV Park at old Hillz & Hollarz location

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #16
MudMadnessMotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep

Rode at MM several times in late Spring/early Summer. Unfortunately, work has kept me away most of the Summer.
I understand people gat to work so they can play. I hope to see you at our event on September 28th but I Understand if you can't make it.

MudMadnessMotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #17
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMadnessMotor View Post
I understand people gat to work so they can play. I hope to see you at our event on September 28th but I Understand if you can't make it.
Personally, (I know you were responding to little Jeep, but...), I have mixed feelings about "Muddy Gras". At first glance, it is a clever word play, and it sounds like you guys have put a lot of effort into planning it with some cool activities. But then it also conjures up images of lots of alcohol. I personally prefer not to wheel with drunks. Don't mind drinking, just not while wheeling/driving.

And then there's the whole beads thing...
XJNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #18
MudMadnessMotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJNKY

Personally, (I know you were responding to little Jeep, but...), I have mixed feelings about "Muddy Gras". At first glance, it is a clever word play, and it sounds like you guys have put a lot of effort into planning it with some cool activities. But then it also conjures up images of lots of alcohol. I personally prefer not to wheel with drunks. Don't mind drinking, just not while wheeling/driving.

And then there's the whole beads thing...
We don't allow alcohol. And there will be no beads lol. But we are not allowed to check drinks so unfortunately there's not a 100% chance that there won't be alcohol but if someone is caught drinking or getting out of hand we will ask them to leave or be removed by the police. But understand your concern and we wii do our best to keep it a family like park.
Unread 08-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #19
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMadnessMotor View Post
We don't allow alcohol. And there will be no beads lol. But we are not allowed to check drinks so unfortunately there's not a 100% chance that there won't be alcohol but if someone is caught drinking or getting out of hand we will ask them to leave or be removed by the police. But understand your concern and we do our best to keep it a family like park.
Well, none of the parks allow alcohol, but that never seems to stop anybody. Sorry, I don't mean for that to sound rude. I'm sure you guys do what you can to control it (after all, that has to present a HUGE liability for you, right?). All I mean is that there's only so many people working at the park, and with any crowd of any size, it's probably near impossible to control.

DTOR for example has pretty much flat given up. You can scroll through their Facebook pictures, and there's people posing with their beer cans. There's probably more than a hundred pictures of people violating their rules. They don't say a word.

Can't decide if I'm happy or disappointed about the beads... Could go either way. Maybe you guys should get some beads and hand them out for other things, like... Making it through a mud pit or something. Idk. Just seems like there's a chance for something there.

I've never been there, which is a shame because I live close. I think I might try to make it out for Muddy Gras. You guys have found a way around the whole trailering thing, right?

Also, any chance of getting any pictures of your race hill? (either here or Facebook).
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #20
MudMadnessMotor

Quote:

Well, none of the parks allow alcohol, but that never seems to stop anybody. Sorry, I don't mean for that to sound rude. I'm sure you guys do what you can to control it (after all, that has to present a HUGE liability for you, right?). All I mean is that there's only so many people working at the park, and with any crowd of any size, it's probably near impossible to control.

DTOR for example has pretty much flat given up. You can scroll through their Facebook pictures, and there's people posing with their beer cans. There's probably more than a hundred pictures of people violating their rules. They don't say a word.

Can't decide if I'm happy or disappointed about the beads... Could go either way. Maybe you guys should get some beads and hand them out for other things, like... Making it through a mud pit or something. Idk. Just seems like there's a chance for something there.

I've never been there, which is a shame because I live close. I think I might try to make it out for Muddy Gras. You guys have found a way around the whole trailering thing, right?

Also, any chance of getting any pictures of your race hill? (either here or Facebook).
Yea we gat passed the whole trailering thing it was a big misunderstanding. Our management miss read our contract with our zoning board. But I think we have it all worked out. And I'll work on getting some pics today of our up hill drag. I'm not sure on the rules yet but another employee knows all that I be sure to contact him and ask.
(Ps. I with you you on the bead thing but that's is all up to management ill run the idea across Bryan )
Unread 08-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #21
MudMadnessMotor

Quote:

Here's we're the up hill drag starts
image-2212068546.jpg

Unread 08-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #22
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Sweet.

I'd contemplated the drag, just for giggles. My trail junk isn't much. I'm not entirely sure those ruts on that hill wouldn't just swallow my 31's. Hard to tell from the picture.
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #23
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJNKY View Post
Sweet.

I'd contemplated the drag, just for giggles. My trail junk isn't much. I'm not entirely sure those ruts on that hill wouldn't just swallow my 31's. Hard to tell from the picture.
If you would like to wheel at MM, I could probably be talked into meeting you out there one weekend so you won't have to worry about wheeling alone.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #24
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks Don. You're a stand-up guy. I've been slowly working on getting a tow setup. (Although, technically, I keep my trail rig close enough to there I probably could drive it, but there are these guys with blue lights on their cars that might disagree...).

I have 2 trucks that need to undergo surgery (trans swap), and at the end of the surgery, hopefully will have one running, dependable tow rig. And I was shopping for trailers this weekend. My goal is to have tow capabilities by the end of August.

I could, of course, take my DD, but at the moment I'd like to spare it the abuse. It's all I have to drive until I do the trans swap on those trucks, or do an engine build on another Jeep (I have too many toys). So I may take you up on that offer one day, but it'll be a while.

I am currently planning on attending Muddy Gras. My dislike for large crowds is overridden by the fact that I get just as much enjoyment out of watching other people break their stuff as I do breaking mine.
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #25
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks Don. You're a stand-up guy. I've been slowly working on getting a tow setup. (Although, technically, I keep my trail rig close enough to there I probably could drive it, but there are these guys with blue lights on their cars that might disagree...).

I have 2 trucks that need to undergo surgery (trans swap), and at the end of the surgery, hopefully will have one running, dependable tow rig. And I was shopping for trailers this weekend. My goal is to have tow capabilities by the end of August.

I could, of course, take my DD, but at the moment I'd like to spare it the abuse. It's all I have to drive until I do the trans swap on those trucks, or do an engine build on another Jeep (I have too many toys). So I may take you up on that offer one day, but it'll be a while.

I am currently planning on attending Muddy Gras. My dislike for large crowds is overridden by the fact that I get just as much enjoyment out of watching other people break their stuff as I do breaking mine.
Thank you... My offer is a standing offer, whenever you are ready. Just keep in mind, I am having thoughts about putting the Little Jeep under the knife this Winter so there maybe a time where you have to wait for me to put my junk back together
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #26
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Thank you... My offer is a standing offer, whenever you are ready. Just keep in mind, I am having thoughts about putting the Little Jeep under the knife this Winter so there maybe a time where you have to wait for me to put my junk back together
Uh-oh. Big plans, or just some tweaks?
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #27
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Uh-oh. Big plans, or just some tweaks?
Depends upon time and money. I would like to totally rebuild front axle, go to homebrew long arm, possibly bead locks, and ??. My desire is to make the Little Jeep more pavement friendly. Right now, it is pretty much a Trailer Queen.

This is my desire...... Tweaks maybe what really happens though.
Unread 08-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #28
MudMadnessMotor

Please disregard my last picture of the up hill drag after a long meeting we have decided to either move it or make a new one but I plan on posting pictures of it.
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #29
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Are you guys going to have an ATV class for the drag also?

If you guys are taking ideas for activities, I've always wanted to see a tug of war with trail rigs. Usually, they're built to go, not built to pull. I think it would be interesting to see. Just throwing that out there for an idea. I'd say a lot of people wouldn't subject their rigs to that kind of abuse, but you would probably have some that would. I wouldn't do it, but I do like watching other people break their stuff
Unread 08-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #30
MudMadnessMotor

Yes we plan on having an ATV class

And I'll pass your idea to Bryan but I Don't think anyone would enter into a tug of war with their off road rigs

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.