New OHV Park at old Hillz & Hollarz location - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > New OHV Park at old Hillz & Hollarz location

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDSave 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!

Unread 05-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #1
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

New OHV Park at old Hillz & Hollarz location

Mud madness OHV Park is opening where the old Hillz & Hollarz use to be. As many of you know, this is some great wheel-n land. The property is still owned by Fred Snider, but his Grandson & family will be running the off road park.

Here is link to Facebook page:

http://m.facebook.com/pages/Mud-Madn...518620973&_rdr

little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

You going to use this thread to give us some pictures and trail reports? I'm looking forward to them.
XJNKY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

From a reply to someone on their facebook:
Quote:
"We are so sorry that it is haul in and haul out right now. That is the planning and zoning rules for Henry County, hopefully we can work something different out soon! thank you for your support, we appreciate it. Just keep checking in with us please, as things always change. thank you"
So the mandatory trailering is a zoning issue, which, correct me if I'm wrong, was what shut down H&H before, right?
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:50 AM   #4
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJNKY View Post
From a reply to someone on their facebook:

So the mandatory trailering is a zoning issue, which, correct me if I'm wrong, was what shut down H&H before, right?
The old H&H had more problems than Zoning issues, but it was the Zoning Board that shut them down. The former management opened the OHV Park in a deed restricted area without first getting waiver from Zoning Board, this put them in a bad spot with Zoning Board from day one.
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

they now allow street legal rigs to be driven in according to their face book.

anyone been there? worth the trip? i have heard mixed reviews. some say it is decent, not great though while others say you can cover the entire park in a nearly stock rig, which means boredom for me. no one i have talked to said it was a really great park.

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #6
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Help me track down a NV4500 so I can drag a heep and I'll go with you to find out
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by underpowered View Post
they now allow street legal rigs to be driven in according to their face book.

anyone been there? worth the trip? i have heard mixed reviews. some say it is decent, not great though while others say you can cover the entire park in a nearly stock rig, which means boredom for me. no one i have talked to said it was a really great park.
These are the exact same trails that were formerly Hillz & Hollarz, except some new (additional) trails are being added. There are a mix of trails, some that require 44 inch tires and a strong winch... but there aren't any signs directing you to these locations. If people likes the Hillz & Hollarz Trails, they will like Mud Madness trails. However, be aware, there are a lot of people who come, ride the main trails, then go home without a clue to what kind of trails are really in the park. The OHV Park always has had two personalities...... one when it's dry, and a nasty temper when it's wet. The "W" has always been a "fun" place to play. If you are a rock jock looking for something like the Lion's Den, or Rattle rock, Mud Madness doesn't offer at lot of this at this time. If you are the typical Jeep on 33's or 35's, or a buggy, there is all you and your Jeep will want in trails.

Trailers..... there seems to be a lot of confusion and rightly so... Street legal rigs can be driven in, or brought in on a trailer.. the choice is yours. As far as I know, muddy tires have not been an issue yet. Early next Spring, muddy tire might be an issue. If you are driving your rig and the tires are real muddy, you maybe asked to wash them off before you get to paved roads. Water, hose, etc. will be provided. If your rig is on a trailer, muddy tires aren't a concern. Basically, the County & neighbors don't want mud drug out onto the paved roads.
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #8
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
These are the exact same trails that were formerly Hillz & Hollarz, except some new (additional) trails are being added. There are a mix of trails, some that require 44 inch tires and a strong winch... but there aren't any signs directing you to these locations. If people likes the Hillz & Hollarz Trails, they will like Mud Madness trails. However, be aware, there are a lot of people who come, ride the main trails, then go home without a clue to what kind of trails are really in the park. The OHV Park always has had two personalities...... one when it's dry, and a nasty temper when it's wet. The "W" has always been a "fun" place to play. If you are a rock jock looking for something like the Lion's Den, or Rattle rock, Mud Madness doesn't offer at lot of this at this time. If you are the typical Jeep on 33's or 35's, or a buggy, there is all you and your Jeep will want in trails.

Trailers..... there seems to be a lot of confusion and rightly so... Street legal rigs can be driven in, or brought in on a trailer.. the choice is yours. As far as I know, muddy tires have not been an issue yet. Early next Spring, muddy tire might be an issue. If you are driving your rig and the tires are real muddy, you maybe asked to wash them off before you get to paved roads. Water, hose, etc. will be provided. If your rig is on a trailer, muddy tires aren't a concern. Basically, the County & neighbors don't want mud drug out onto the paved roads.

i was never there when it was Hillz n hollarz. but in general if you know where to look there are moer difficult trails but not abundant.

i am in a locked k5 on tons and 38.5's and little regard for body work. it takes a good trail to bring out the winch.

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #9
MudMadnessMotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by underpowered

i was never there when it was Hillz n hollarz. but in general if you know where to look there are moer difficult trails but not abundant.

i am in a locked k5 on tons and 38.5's and little regard for body work. it takes a good trail to bring out the winch.
Well I'm sure we can find a trail for you lol. Lets test your beast out
MudMadnessMotor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #10
MudMadnessMotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep
Mud madness OHV Park is opening where the old Hillz & Hollarz use to be. As many of you know, this is some great wheel-n land. The property is still owned by Fred Snider, but his Grandson & family will be running the off road park.

Here is link to Facebook page:

http://m.facebook.com/pages/Mud-Madn...518620973&_rdr
Thank you for helping getting the OHVs parks name back out there we really appreciate it
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #11
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMadnessMotor View Post
Thank you for helping getting the OHVs parks name back out there we really appreciate it
I appreciate what you are doing and how you are trying to run your OHV Park in such a way, it will be an example to other OHV Parks about how to operate an OHV Park.
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #12
MudMadnessMotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep

I appreciate what you are doing and how you are trying to run your OHV Park in such a way, it will be an example to other OHV Parks about how to operate an OHV Park.
Just trying to go by the book. Have you been down to ride with us yet
Unread 08-13-2013, 04:27 AM   #13
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Just trying to go by the book. Have you been down to ride with us yet
Rode at MM several times in late Spring/early Summer. Unfortunately, work has kept me away most of the Summer.
Unread 08-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #14
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I think it's awesome you guys actually made an account to come on here and answer questions.
Unread 08-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #15
MudMadnessMotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJNKY

I think it's awesome you guys actually made an account to come on here and answer questions.
It was advice somebody that a guest at the park gave me I also do all our YouTube stuff and we have another person who does Instagram and Facebook. But yea ill answer any questions you might have

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.