JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Kentucky Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f329/)
-   -   New OHV Park at old Hillz & Hollarz location (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f329/new-ohv-park-old-hillz-hollarz-location-1521361/)

little_Jeep 05-10-2013 04:11 AM

New OHV Park at old Hillz & Hollarz location
 
Mud madness OHV Park is opening where the old Hillz & Hollarz use to be. As many of you know, this is some great wheel-n land. The property is still owned by Fred Snider, but his Grandson & family will be running the off road park.

Here is link to Facebook page:

http://m.facebook.com/pages/Mud-Madn...518620973&_rdr

XJNKY 05-13-2013 12:29 PM

You going to use this thread to give us some pictures and trail reports? I'm looking forward to them.
:PopCorn:

XJNKY 05-15-2013 12:30 PM

From a reply to someone on their facebook:
Quote:

"We are so sorry that it is haul in and haul out right now. That is the planning and zoning rules for Henry County, hopefully we can work something different out soon! thank you for your support, we appreciate it. Just keep checking in with us please, as things always change. thank you"
So the mandatory trailering is a zoning issue, which, correct me if I'm wrong, was what shut down H&H before, right?

little_Jeep 05-19-2013 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJNKY (Post 15436283)
From a reply to someone on their facebook:


So the mandatory trailering is a zoning issue, which, correct me if I'm wrong, was what shut down H&H before, right?

The old H&H had more problems than Zoning issues, but it was the Zoning Board that shut them down. The former management opened the OHV Park in a deed restricted area without first getting waiver from Zoning Board, this put them in a bad spot with Zoning Board from day one.

underpowered 06-18-2013 06:04 PM

they now allow street legal rigs to be driven in according to their face book.

anyone been there? worth the trip? i have heard mixed reviews. some say it is decent, not great though while others say you can cover the entire park in a nearly stock rig, which means boredom for me. no one i have talked to said it was a really great park.

XJNKY 06-18-2013 06:21 PM

Help me track down a NV4500 so I can drag a heep and I'll go with you to find out :)

little_Jeep 06-18-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underpowered (Post 15578726)
they now allow street legal rigs to be driven in according to their face book.

anyone been there? worth the trip? i have heard mixed reviews. some say it is decent, not great though while others say you can cover the entire park in a nearly stock rig, which means boredom for me. no one i have talked to said it was a really great park.

These are the exact same trails that were formerly Hillz & Hollarz, except some new (additional) trails are being added. There are a mix of trails, some that require 44 inch tires and a strong winch... but there aren't any signs directing you to these locations. If people likes the Hillz & Hollarz Trails, they will like Mud Madness trails. However, be aware, there are a lot of people who come, ride the main trails, then go home without a clue to what kind of trails are really in the park. The OHV Park always has had two personalities...... one when it's dry, and a nasty temper when it's wet. The "W" has always been a "fun" place to play. If you are a rock jock looking for something like the Lion's Den, or Rattle rock, Mud Madness doesn't offer at lot of this at this time. If you are the typical Jeep on 33's or 35's, or a buggy, there is all you and your Jeep will want in trails.

Trailers..... there seems to be a lot of confusion and rightly so... Street legal rigs can be driven in, or brought in on a trailer.. the choice is yours. As far as I know, muddy tires have not been an issue yet. Early next Spring, muddy tire might be an issue. If you are driving your rig and the tires are real muddy, you maybe asked to wash them off before you get to paved roads. Water, hose, etc. will be provided. If your rig is on a trailer, muddy tires aren't a concern. Basically, the County & neighbors don't want mud drug out onto the paved roads.

underpowered 06-30-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little_Jeep (Post 15578881)
These are the exact same trails that were formerly Hillz & Hollarz, except some new (additional) trails are being added. There are a mix of trails, some that require 44 inch tires and a strong winch... but there aren't any signs directing you to these locations. If people likes the Hillz & Hollarz Trails, they will like Mud Madness trails. However, be aware, there are a lot of people who come, ride the main trails, then go home without a clue to what kind of trails are really in the park. The OHV Park always has had two personalities...... one when it's dry, and a nasty temper when it's wet. The "W" has always been a "fun" place to play. If you are a rock jock looking for something like the Lion's Den, or Rattle rock, Mud Madness doesn't offer at lot of this at this time. If you are the typical Jeep on 33's or 35's, or a buggy, there is all you and your Jeep will want in trails.

Trailers..... there seems to be a lot of confusion and rightly so... Street legal rigs can be driven in, or brought in on a trailer.. the choice is yours. As far as I know, muddy tires have not been an issue yet. Early next Spring, muddy tire might be an issue. If you are driving your rig and the tires are real muddy, you maybe asked to wash them off before you get to paved roads. Water, hose, etc. will be provided. If your rig is on a trailer, muddy tires aren't a concern. Basically, the County & neighbors don't want mud drug out onto the paved roads.


i was never there when it was Hillz n hollarz. but in general if you know where to look there are moer difficult trails but not abundant.

i am in a locked k5 on tons and 38.5's and little regard for body work. it takes a good trail to bring out the winch.

MudMadnessMotor 08-12-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underpowered

i was never there when it was Hillz n hollarz. but in general if you know where to look there are moer difficult trails but not abundant.

i am in a locked k5 on tons and 38.5's and little regard for body work. it takes a good trail to bring out the winch.

Well I'm sure we can find a trail for you lol. Lets test your beast out

MudMadnessMotor 08-12-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little_Jeep
Mud madness OHV Park is opening where the old Hillz & Hollarz use to be. As many of you know, this is some great wheel-n land. The property is still owned by Fred Snider, but his Grandson & family will be running the off road park.

Here is link to Facebook page:

http://m.facebook.com/pages/Mud-Madn...518620973&_rdr

Thank you for helping getting the OHVs parks name back out there we really appreciate it

little_Jeep 08-12-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MudMadnessMotor (Post 15787102)
Thank you for helping getting the OHVs parks name back out there we really appreciate it

I appreciate what you are doing and how you are trying to run your OHV Park in such a way, it will be an example to other OHV Parks about how to operate an OHV Park.

MudMadnessMotor 08-12-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little_Jeep

I appreciate what you are doing and how you are trying to run your OHV Park in such a way, it will be an example to other OHV Parks about how to operate an OHV Park.

Just trying to go by the book. Have you been down to ride with us yet

little_Jeep 08-13-2013 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MudMadnessMotor (Post 15787284)
Just trying to go by the book. Have you been down to ride with us yet

Rode at MM several times in late Spring/early Summer. Unfortunately, work has kept me away most of the Summer.

XJNKY 08-13-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MudMadnessMotor (Post 15787102)
Thank you for helping getting the OHVs parks name back out there we really appreciate it

I think it's awesome you guys actually made an account to come on here and answer questions.

MudMadnessMotor 08-13-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJNKY

I think it's awesome you guys actually made an account to come on here and answer questions.

It was advice somebody that a guest at the park gave me I also do all our YouTube stuff and we have another person who does Instagram and Facebook. But yea ill answer any questions you might have


The time now is 08:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.