New offroad park opening in Ashland area - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > New offroad park opening in Ashland area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 05-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #16
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINUM View Post
From what I've seen the majority of buggies just need throttle & if that doesn't work apply more throttle until you make it or break it.
Bouncers yes, they do it for the show.

for us low budget buggy/truggy guys on Tons and big tires throttle is not always the answer.

I was over nearly every trail in harlan last october in a leaf sprung toyota on 37's, hardly a buggy and it went up everything we attempted, which was pretty much everything but the actual rock gardens.

2000 powerjoke tow pig

Anti-jeep--1989 K5 blazer. the new off road ride
underpowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #17
SKINUM
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have no problem with that at all. Crawl what ya need to get the job done. I have problems with the buggies that run trails that are to narrow for their full width axles and then throttle their way through just digging huge ruts & throwing boulders into the middle of the trail.
I'm guessing you went for fall crawl? Usually the trails are in good shape before any event. My main issue is with the throttle junkies....
SKINUM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #18
billb2011
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINUM View Post
I hope they keep trails maintained. The buggies have destroyed the many Jeep trails in Harlan/Black Mountain, Ky.
They are keeping them well maintained. Right now it is mostly atv/utv trails out there and we are working on more jeep trails. At 7000 acres there is more than enough room for all rigs to have trails suited to them. I actually would like to see some of the bigger buggy's come out and open up some trails, they are good at doing that.

Last weekend woodsbuggy.com had a big hill climb event here, I didn't get to go but I heard it went well, they opened up some new hill climbs and ran some old ones.

If anybody is interested please pass the word along about this place, we desperately need as many jeeps going out as possible to make new jeep trails and find good obstacles, there out there, just not been found yet.
Unread 10-31-2013, 07:46 AM   #19
bap
1992 YJ Wrangler 

haaha, me and a few (very few) made those trail,s 30yrs ago when it was nothing but pipline and deer trails,,..
now those were the good ole days, cant remember the fellows name that owned it back then but he was a great guy and had no problem with us hunting and wheeling there ,,,,dont know if any of you know about cabtop mud hole,,but there is a mud hole there that you actually drrive over a sunken truck,,i remeber when it happened and the guy that left it there,,

as far as 3 pole that name has stuck for 30 yrs,,,,,we named it,,,

still fun to wheel there today but i do miss it the way it use to be,,,
bap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.