Moving to Covington - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > Moving to Covington

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top SaleUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 07-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
slick2570
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Moving to Covington

Hey Guys,

I'll be moving to the Covington, Ky area within the next two weeks and was wondering what the offroad scene is like up there? Not only places to go offroad (if there are any) but also how the group of Jeepers up there are.
I'm pretty familiar with where most KY wheeling spots are since i've lived all around the state. I grew up outside of louisville (about 25 min from DTOR) and just graduated from WKU and now i'll be living in the NKU area for atleast the next 3 years.
Thanks for the info guys!

Unread 07-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
aaron81
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to Northern Kentucky! I haven't lived here long and just got back into the offroad scene so I don't know if I am the expert on places to ride arround here. There are a couple of places kind of close to Covington. One is Big Rock in Mayesville and another is Bill's 491 in Demossville. I have never been to Big Rock, but I have been down to Bill's which is about twenty five minute's from Florence. It is not that big of a place, it is mostly hills and a creek running through the middle. It doesn't take long to get bored there. If you ever wana go ride let me know I am looking for some fellow jeepers to start riding with, becuase currently I don't know anybody that goes wheeling.
aaron81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
adamkn
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here's a pretty good list of all the local spots to go wheeling:

http://www.cincyoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6907

There are several local off-road clubs, mostly in the Cinci metro area. I would recommend joining one of them.
adamkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
Wrangler_91
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in Covington too. More like independence actually but oh well. There's a handful of places around here. Look into torcoffroad.com this is the club I'm in. Great group of guys to wheel with. I'm actually heading to slade here soon on the 23rd an 24 th of July. Hit me up if your interested in going.
Wrangler_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 12:11 AM   #5
NKYBRAD

There isnt actually much "in" the NKY area for wheeling but you have alot of different options being right here. You can head south to some of the best wheelin in the state (Slade, Harlan, DTOR) or you can head north and wheel. Like Wrangler_91 said above, check our club out. We have members from all over the state and wheel everywhere. Would be more than happy to meet up and talk jeeps, women, whatever sometime. Just let us know! Welcome to the area!

www.torcoffroad.com

1993 YJ - SOLD
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - In process
NKYBRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
slick2570
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, I'm now officially living in NKY. My girlfriend and I got a condo in the wilder/southgate area. Do any of you guys live near us? Where are some good hangouts around the area?

-Eric
Unread 08-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #7
NKYBRAD

Anything in the Newport area, Mt. Adams right across the river in Cincy, some places off of 3L in covington/independence. Florence (where I live) has some small bars and decent food. Newport/Levee area is fun and has alot if you wanna walk around, shop, see a movie, eat some decent food.

1993 YJ - SOLD
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - In process
NKYBRAD is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.