Louisville area clubs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > Louisville area clubs

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
H82LOSE
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Louisville area clubs

Looking for a Louisville area Jeep or Wheeling club. Any info would be appreciated.

Unread 10-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
TJ98JeremyPrice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Www.facebook.com/louisvillejeepownersclub
Over 900 members in Louisville area alone.. part of the larger Kentucky Jeep Owners Club.
They welcome all jeeps.. all models. . New and old.. those that trail ride or never take off pavement.
Unread 10-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #3
H82LOSE
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the information. Do they have a website or any other way to get information other than Facebook? Don't have a FB account. Thanks
H82LOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
TJ98JeremyPrice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

No unfortunately they are based on facebook. I think most clubs are rhese days. They are having a halloween event next Wed at V3 Jeep Shop you can check them out then.
Unread 10-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
H82LOSE
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I suppose I need to get with the times. Where is this V3 Jeep Shop located? Only shop I've heard about in Louisville is Moab.
Unread 10-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
H82LOSE
1999 TJ Wrangler 

After doing some research it seems the Louisville area Jeep club is mainly for Jeep owners to get together and socialize and they clearly state they dont host events. Does anyone know of any Clubs in the Louisville area that does group trial rides etc? Thanks
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
TJ98JeremyPrice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Tgeybdo a trail ride each month usually.. more than any other club I know.. and its all different places.. plus members get together every weekend somewhere and ride unofficially.. its a good group. They did LBL last month.. Interlake Indiana and Black Mountain this month.. a good group for beginners and the novice.
2 other groups in town.. Derby City Jeep Club and K&I offroad.. both have rules to join and require a sponsor.. must attend meetings.. etc.. k&I is all offroad vehicles.. not just jeeps.
V3 is near walmart on shelbyville road on east side in middletown.
You can email LJOC for info if you want.. louisvillejeepownersclub@gmail.com
Unread 10-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #8
H82LOSE
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks again I appreciate the information and I'll definitely check it out. What I found online is obviously misleading as it seemed the opposite from what you mentioned.
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #9
jjeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

there is also forgeoverland.com, but with life getting in the way we haven't gotten out much...
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #10
j_coulter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

On behalf of Derby City Jeep Club, we'd love to have you out at a meeting/trail ride. Derby City Jeep Club was started by myself and a couple other friends that wanted to see an organized Jeep club rather than a facebook fan page. Our Jeeps are anywhere from stock to fully built ton rigs. DCJC has monthly meetings on the third Sunday of each month at 5:00 PM. We change it up every quarter to give people a chance to make it out if the drive is easier for them. Novemeber and December's meetings will be held at Chubby Ray's in Jeffersontown. The monthly meetings give members a chance to socialize off the trail, discuss builds, plan events, etc. DCJC is completely run by its members, so we always use members input to plan events and trail rides. We do not boast a large membership(a little over 100 active members) and we like to keep it that way. We are not trying to be exclusive, just would rather have 100 ACTIVE members vs. 900 inactive members or FB Fans.

Joining our club is simple, you just have to come to a couple events and get to know people. We just want to make sure you are someone who wants to be involved, not just someone trying to sell their jeep, then will dissapear in a week. Not too much to ask, right? We have a monthly meetings, charity events, and at least one organized trail ride per month. We are a new club and growing rather fast, but are definitely keeping it under control. We have attracted the attention of local sponsors such as Cross Jeep, V3 Jeep Shop and Moab Offroad.

If you would like to know more about our club, please contact me directly or you can check out our FORUM @ www.derbycityjc.com.
Once a member, you will be granted access to the Facebook page which is basically just our playground. I think you will find that our forum is extremely informative and easy to navigate.

Our next regularly scheduled meeting: Sunday November 17th, 5:00PM at Chubby Ray's J-Town
Our next charity event: "Jeeps Feeding Peeps" can drive. Saturday November 9th 8:00AM - 5:00PM at ValuMarket, Outer Loop

Hope to see you out!

Justin Coulter
j_coulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #11
jeepmonkey06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well said Justin.
jeepmonkey06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #12
tjazzkikr
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H82LOSE View Post
After doing some research it seems the Louisville area Jeep club is mainly for Jeep owners to get together and socialize and they clearly state they dont host events. Does anyone know of any Clubs in the Louisville area that does group trial rides etc? Thanks

tjazzkikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 12:51 PM   #13
RiverJax

Jeep Day @ Rob's Place

I host Jeep events on my friends 100+ acres in Pekin Indiana. We have a ride at the end of this month. Thought I'd share.

Here's the facebook link.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1417259638526051/

Here's the facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robs-...page_new_likes

If you do not have facebook

March 29th 2014.
7872 South Packwood Branch Road, Pekin IN 47165

Grounds are still wet and made a mess with neighbor yards with trailers last time...
So this first month trip we are going to do JEEP Drive-Ins only.

Please post if you are Driving IN and if you HAVE to bring a trailer please post below so we can assist the situation. Thank you.

Driver's please line up in drive (stay on gravel)
9am-10am DRIVERS MEETING at 1030am!!!
$15/person

Please bring your own drinks and snacks for the day.

Sorry for inconvenience this round... when things dry out it will all be all out event!! Hope to do this monthly! If it's raining cats and dogs it will be postponed.

Have any questions please email sweet1000rr@hotmail.com
dscn4536.jpg   1970704_663457850385376_1391443287_n.jpg  
RiverJax is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.