Land Between the Lakes Jeep Jamboree - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > Land Between the Lakes Jeep Jamboree

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCORGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.com

Unread 05-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #16
Erik78CJ
1978 CJ5 

Lbl 2008

Hi, did anyone actually attend the 2008 LBL Jam? I'd love to see pictures from this year. I'm the guy in the red hat hanging on for dear life in the back of the 78 CJ.

Erik78CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #17
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik78CJ View Post
Hi, did anyone actually attend the 2008 LBL Jam? I'd love to see pictures from this year. I'm the guy in the red hat hanging on for dear life in the back of the 78 CJ.
We were there, we did the Iron Furnace trail (County Roads) both days. Here is a link to our photos. My son managed to break his front driveshaft on the newbie trails. Big thanks to Max for helping us get it off and back on and to Pat in the Purple CJ for welding it back up.

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/a...ep%20Jamboree/

If you were at the dinner Saturday night you probably saw my son. He's the one that won the "weakest link" award . He was pretty embarrassed at the time but afterwards he thought it was pretty cool.
Unread 05-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #18
Fred99TJ

How in the world did he break a DS on those trails. Most of them can be run in 2wd. I have a friend who was a guide for the Jambo
Unread 05-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #19
Erik78CJ
1978 CJ5 

You guys had more mud than we did on Turkey Scratch and Tuf-e-Nuff, which are mostly pretty steep hills and tight turns. Sorry about the driveshaft, I was wondering what qualified him for the weakest link award. Thanks for the pics, it's good to see what the other trails looked like.
Unread 05-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #20
jgarner
2008 JK Wrangler 

I also attended and will have some pics by later this evening. What day did you run Turkey scratch? I ran it on Saturday. It was definately very tight. I also ran Nutn' Funner on Friday.
PRESENT : 2008 Rubicon Unlimited | Rescue Green | OME HD Long Travel Kit w/ 40+ Coils| 37 x 12.5 BFG KM2s | Spidertrax Spacers | ProComp Extreme Alloy Wheels | Poison Spyder BFH Front Bumper | ARB Hi-Flow On Board Air | sPOD | Cobra CB
jgarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 07:51 AM   #21
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

We hit an area with a lot of ruts and my son fell off the trail into a deep set of ruts. He had winched himself out once and was still having trouble getting going. He had the Jeep gassed up pretty good to get his momentum up and when it got traction it launched him pretty good. He lost site of one of his spotters (me) got concerned and went from near full throttle in 4LO to locking the front brakes. The ds sheared off at the yoke.

I was surprised he got the award. I think there were one or two people that didn't even get out on the trails. I figured it would go to one of them. Friday was a tough day for him, he got stuck twice before he broke the d/s and once afterwards. At 19 though he is still learning and we work on the Jeep's together. We spent Saturday putting the newly tubed and balanced driveshaft back under his Jeep.
Unread 05-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #22
Fred99TJ

I get it. It's cool he will learn more about jeeping and the jeeping community. I frequent the trails in LBL (Turkey Bay) and have shown MANY guys around and new guys get so scared if they feel like they are going to get stuck. Once they catch on it's not a big deal but rather a part of jeeping. Same thing with breakages they break something and it's the end of their world. I tell them don't fret it. If we have the parts we will fix him up if not we will get him to the trail head and work it out from there. I have driven to parts stores for guys, given my spare parts up to keep a guy going, and even left home and went out to bring someone a part, pull them out of a stuck (wheeling alone's NOT A GOOD IDEA) heck I have even driven my jeep home to use my trailer to get other guys home.
Unread 05-12-2008, 08:50 PM   #23
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Our deal when he got the Jeep was that if we wheel it eventually we will break something, I helped a guy with a stock car in high school and know that eventually something will break. My Dad that rode with him that day had drag raced back in the 50's also knew that. As long as he isn't out doing stupid stuff were cool with breakage.

Even though the weld seemed perfect we removed the driveshaft Saturday night just to be safe. One of the best moments of the trip was seeing my Dad (age 72) and my Son (age 19) under his Jeep taking the driveshaft out. They wouldn't even let me help!

By the way, the driveshaft has been retubed, balanced and is back in the Jeep. It was only one hundred thousandths out of true but the shop said they only allow ten thousandths.
Unread 05-13-2008, 04:31 PM   #24
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

We ran Turkey Scratch on Friday and Renegage Run on Sat. Even after 3" of rain Renegade was not too bad until later in the day when we got into some parts of the park without as much gravel in the soil. Had a great time and suffered no damage other than a few scratches and a broken speaker on my CB. I talked to Mike about you Fred99 and he gave me a web site to check out but it didn't work. Is it "itsajeepthing.org" or did I get that wrong? He said some of you use it and it's where you post for runs in LBL.
J-Mox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #25
Fred99TJ

no thing....just www.itsajeep.org we frequent (although not as much as usual) TB. Mike is a greta guy. I have been wheeling with him for a few years and he knows his stuff and he knows jeeps. I have learned alot from him.
Unread 05-13-2008, 05:26 PM   #26
Fred99TJ

Hey J-Mox what part of MO you live in? I am hoping to move to St Paul (Ft Leanardwood) sometime in the next year. I am WAY looking forward to wheeling SMORR? I think it's called. Looks AMAZING
Unread 05-13-2008, 06:34 PM   #27
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I live just outside of Cape Girardeau. I've never been to SMORR but I've heard great things about it. I believe it's what is also called Flat Nasty. I put up a comment or two on the Missouri Jeepers post on here also about the club I belong to at "midwestjeepthing.com" and there are quite a few guys that wheel there often. Hope to meet ya on the trail sometime soon. John.
J-Mox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2008, 06:35 PM   #28
wdw
2010 JK Wrangler 

Hey TJ99

I did not see any pictures of that good looking women you are married to.

Great pictures. Now I wish I would have gone.

B.
Unread 05-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #29
Erik78CJ
1978 CJ5 

LBL Pics

Finally got the pics up:

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n...%20Jeep%20Jam/

We did Turkey Scratch on Friday and Tuff-e-Nuff on Saturday.
Unread 05-21-2008, 09:05 PM   #30
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik78CJ View Post
Finally got the pics up:

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n...%20Jeep%20Jam/

We did Turkey Scratch on Friday and Tuff-e-Nuff on Saturday.
Great pics, that back seat probably got a little wet on Friday

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.