Land Between the Lakes Jeep Jamboree - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > Land Between the Lakes Jeep Jamboree

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 04-01-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
jgarner
2008 JK Wrangler 

Land Between the Lakes Jeep Jamboree

Is anyone planning on attending the Land Between the Lakes Jeep Jamboree in southern Kentucky? The dates are May 2-4.

PRESENT : 2008 Rubicon Unlimited | Rescue Green | OME HD Long Travel Kit w/ 40+ Coils| 37 x 12.5 BFG KM2s | Spidertrax Spacers | ProComp Extreme Alloy Wheels | Poison Spyder BFH Front Bumper | ARB Hi-Flow On Board Air | sPOD | Cobra CB
jgarner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2008, 02:49 PM   #2
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, it will be our second trip down there. Had a blast last year it was our first wheeling trip. The group of guides that puts it on are pretty well organized.

We have a pretty well stock Sport so we stayed on the milder trails. Let me know if you need any specific information.
2014 JKU - Wifes
tj99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
jgarner
2008 JK Wrangler 

Did you camp or did you stay in one of the hotels or cabins close by? I am looking to camp there, any info would be great, I guess I am not sure what to expect.
PRESENT : 2008 Rubicon Unlimited | Rescue Green | OME HD Long Travel Kit w/ 40+ Coils| 37 x 12.5 BFG KM2s | Spidertrax Spacers | ProComp Extreme Alloy Wheels | Poison Spyder BFH Front Bumper | ARB Hi-Flow On Board Air | sPOD | Cobra CB
Unread 04-01-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry didn't camp, we stayed in Murray last year. I wasn't sure what to expect so I went to a hotel chain. Murray is about a 20 mile drive each day so if you can find something closer I would go for it. We got into a cabin at the Kenlake Motel this year, they did the catering at the gathering spot an indoor tennis court about a mile from the motel and the Sunday morning breakfast was at the Motel.

Here is a link to the motel, they still have camping available online, I would probably call to verify though. The staff was nice when I called in December to reserve a room. http://parks.ky.gov/findparks/resortparks/kl/

Here's some pictures from the Turkey Bayou OHV park, the hill you see us trying to climb (we didn't make it) the guide said Rubi's were doing it easy the day before. No lockers in our Jeep though http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/a...mboree%202007/

There are trails for everyone, a couple of the trails were more extreme. We stuck to the easier stuff. Thinking about going out with the same guides again this year. The guides were excellent and really help out a lot.

Sounds like they are going to use the indoor tennis courts as the gathering spot again this year. Last year they had a cookout planned for Thursday night, it rained though so they let us eat inside. On Friday and Saturday we had a buffet breakfast, nice box lunch and a buffet supper. Sunday mornings buffet breakfast was in the motel.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
2014 JKU - Wifes
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #5
jgarner
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. I jsut registered the other day so I have not got any information at all yet! Hope to see you there.
Unread 04-03-2008, 10:26 AM   #6
Hotrod97z
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I was on that trail with you! In fact, you got a shot of my backside.

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa199/tlp62832/LBL%20May%202007%20Saturday%20Jeep%20Jamboree%2020 07/?action=view&current=JeepJamboree017.jpg

I sayed in the cabins last year, and got another one this year. They're VERY nice, and doesn't cost much more than a hotel room. They have full kitchens, cable, screened in decks and hot showers.

The trail guides are very good. The trail in the link above was the Tuff-E-Nuff trail. It isn't so extreme that you have to worry about body damage (although I bent a fender by misjudging and smacking a pine tree), but challenging enough to be fun. Its an all around good trail for a Jeep with stock suspension. I plan on taking it again this year.

'03 TJ

Last edited by Hotrod97z; 04-03-2008 at 10:39 AM..
Hotrod97z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
jgarner
2008 JK Wrangler 

Great pics! I hope to see you on the trail.
Unread 04-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #8
Hotrod97z
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarner View Post
Great pics! I hope to see you on the trail.
Those are actually TJ99's pics...they just got a shot of me in some of them.

'03 TJ
Hotrod97z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2008, 02:42 PM   #9
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod97z View Post
Those are actually TJ99's pics...they just got a shot of me in some of them.
Good to hear from you we'll see you down there.
2014 JKU - Wifes
Unread 04-19-2008, 09:22 AM   #10
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be there again this year, 5th time, and ALWAYS enjoy LBL! Lot's of people say a Jamboree costs too much, and they are expensive, but it is a great time with lots of good people. Tj99 it looks like you were with Larry, Teri and Radar. GREAT people!! I stay in contact with Larry and Teri thru e-mail and sent stuff back and forth at least once a week. I have run all the trails but "Roller Coaster" and have found that the lower rated trails are more fun due to there are constant obstacles but on the higher rated trails it is only one or two that bring it to a higher rating. Two of the guys we were on the "Lake Trail" which is one notch below Roller Coaster with last year said that they only thought Roller Coaster was a OK trail. I will be there in a Blue TJ with "J-MOX" on the license plate and there is another guy from the same place I work and a buddy of his there also. We stay at the Lakeland Resort there in town due to it's cheap, $45 a night, and all we really need is a bed and a shower to get by. I'll be looking for you in the parking lot, John.
J-Mox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2008, 11:28 AM   #11
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Larry, Teri and Radar are great guides, my son wants to give one of the hills on Tuff Enuff (I think that was the trail) a second try. Tell Larry the brown Jeep with the teenager driving will be back. He kept telling my wife "she" needed a Jeep so we will be bringing two Jeeps this time!

With all the rain we've had it should be interesting! Looks like they got another 2" yesterday.

See you there!
2014 JKU - Wifes
Unread 04-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #12
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

One good thing about LBL is there's alot of gravel in the hills and it will dry pretty quick. Also the water runs off so it doesn't soak in too much. What WILL be interesting is what kind of washouts there will be in the hills after the rain we had last month. I'm about 110 miles West-North West of there and we had 14" the first round and a couple weeks later had another 6-7". That big rain fell in about a day and a half and there were HEAVY, HEAVY downpours!!! It may make for a whole new terrain over there. I'll be looking for ya.
Unread 04-19-2008, 03:13 PM   #13
Fred99TJ

I don't know how many of you guys frequent Turkey Bay but I go there often, that is local to me. They have hill climbs o'plenty. I don't remember if it was there las year or not but there is a man made rock garden out in the pines now. Not impossible with open Diffs but a locker DEFINATLY helps.

One of the trial guides, Mike Brewer, is part of our local club and knows the park really well. I wish I could be there for it but I am still in Iraq for a few months.

Have fun guys
Unread 04-19-2008, 07:24 PM   #14
blackcherryxj
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I'm not going to be in the Jamboree, I'm only 18 with a part time job. But if you guys want to get a camping spot somewhere in LBL I would be cool with hanging out with you guys during the evenings.

KY Certified Firefighter
blackcherryxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2008, 08:53 AM   #15
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah Mike is a super guy also!! He is SOOO patient with some of the new people! That is one of the things that I have seen that make this whole group so good to ride with. None of them get upset or raise their voice if someone is having trouble, they just roll with it and help out as much as possible to encourage the driver that they can do it. One of the things I would love to do is help out as a tail gunner for some of these fellas but I'm sure there is a waiting line in the local groups to help out. I would also like to do some riding with a few of the local clubs over there. My wife and I are members of a group based out of St. Louis and wheel some around Potosi, Mo. and Farmington, Mo. but I love the trails at LBL. Shoot me a message some time fred99 when you are going to be over there and I would like to maybe join in with ya.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.