Kentucky - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > Kentucky

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #16
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I can't believe "little jeep" didn't throw this out. Your slackin' Don!!

Here's a great website with quite a few people in the Ft. Campbell area on it. ItsaJeep.Org There's lots of rides happening all the time so make a user name and post up!

Edit.... I see you did mention the site, just didn't post the link! Sorry!!!

2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

2010 Moab Trip Thread with JeepForum Members
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/i...010-a-1038859/

Dont hate on the guy that keeps his Jeep clean....
Hate on the guy that doesn't get his Jeep dirty....
J-Mox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #17
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mox View Post
I can't believe "little jeep" didn't throw this out. Your slackin' Don!!

Here's a great website with quite a few people in the Ft. Campbell area on it. ItsaJeep.Org There's lots of rides happening all the time so make a user name and post up!

Edit.... I see you did mention the site, just didn't post the link! Sorry!!!
Geez, There for a minute, I thought Buckeye was on JF.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 07:35 AM   #18
frankie945
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by underpowered View Post
livingston is exit 49 off 75, some call it 909. and i too heard it was closed to all. last time i stopped by the road to pink rock was bulldozed and graveled.

there are more places in KY to wheel.

Bills 491 offroad in demosseville, KY about 45. min south of cincy, OH

hillz n hollarz just south of Louisville, was public but is now a private park you can wheel by invite only

big rock atv and offroad park in maysville, KY decent sized must be insured (leaves most trailer queens out)

there are more i can't recal at the moment however.
Livingston is still open. I was there in July. You just need tags to go back there. It has changed a lot. Doesn't even look the same.

Check out Slade KY (Natural Bridge) That is one of my favorite places to wheel.
Unread 10-27-2010, 07:50 AM   #19
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie945 View Post
Livingston is still open. I was there in July. You just need tags to go back there. It has changed a lot. Doesn't even look the same.
Check out Slade KY (Natural Bridge) That is one of my favorite places to wheel.
Soes it still have all the problems that caused it to be closed in the past?
Unread 10-27-2010, 08:06 AM   #20
frankie945
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Soes it still have all the problems that caused it to be closed in the past?
The place is clean. Never even seen a piece trash. No one hardly ever goes there cause everyone thinks its closed. The trail is marked with turtles. There signs up where u can not go. Some of the trails I took looked like no one has been down em for years. I posted a vid on utube. jk at cromers ridge if u want to see the turtle trail.
Unread 10-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #21
frankie945
2008 JK Wrangler 

If u want to go sometime shoot me a pm. I'll make a trip back down there. Last time I couldn't run the whole trail. I was by myself and didn't want to get Hung up. U could easily spend a whole day there.
Unread 10-27-2010, 08:22 AM   #22
frankie945
2008 JK Wrangler 

Also there two local places to wheel. Highwater in new Albany. And kotters bottoms in Floyd knobs. Highwater is only a 2 mile trail. But its power line trails. And has a few good rock climbs that are pretty tough.
Unread 10-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #23
frankie945
2008 JK Wrangler 

What's up with wishbone ? Is it a pay park? Or is it a club only place. Not much info on the site.
Unread 10-27-2010, 08:47 AM   #24
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What's up with wishbone ? Is it a pay park? Or is it a club only place. Not much info on the site.
They have a page on Facebook.... The Wishbone Ranch | Facebook
Unread 10-27-2010, 08:54 AM   #25
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The place is clean. Never even seen a piece trash. No one hardly ever goes there cause everyone thinks its closed. The trail is marked with turtles. There signs up where u can not go. Some of the trails I took looked like no one has been down em for years. I posted a vid on utube. jk at cromers ridge if u want to see the turtle trail.
Livingston has been closed and re-opened several times over the years. I understood that there was so much drinking and related injuries that required rescues some by Stat Flight that they finally just bulldozed the trails... I know people who went down there on weekend right afterwards to find LEO turning people away. This information is about two years old, so things may have changed.
Unread 10-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #26
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Also there two local places to wheel. Highwater in new Albany. And kotters bottoms in Floyd knobs. Highwater is only a 2 mile trail. But its power line trails. And has a few good rock climbs that are pretty tough.
I don't go wheel-n anywhere that is not a legal OHV park, or private land where the owner has given me permission to wheel. Wheel-n anywhere else is just asking for trouble.
Unread 10-27-2010, 08:59 AM   #27
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If u want to go sometime shoot me a pm. I'll make a trip back down there. Last time I couldn't run the whole trail. I was by myself and didn't want to get Hung up. U could easily spend a whole day there.
I am tow rig less.... at the moment. However, in Spring, I have plans to change this, once I do, I have a few friends that would love to go back to Livingston with you.
Unread 10-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #28
frankie945
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Livingston has been closed and re-opened several times over the years. I understood that there was so much drinking and related injuries that required rescues some by Stat Flight that they finally just bulldozed the trails... I know people who went down there on weekend right afterwards to find LEO turning people away. This information is about two years old, so things may have changed.
As long as you have tags your good to go and stay on the main trails. All the trails are even marked now. I think more people would go down there if they knew it was open again.
Unread 10-27-2010, 10:03 AM   #29
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
As long as you have tags your good to go and stay on the main trails. All the trails are even marked now. I think more people would go down there if they knew it was open again.
We will need to make a trip back there... maybe in the Spring.
Unread 10-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #30
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Frankie..... clean out your PM box.... Pleeeeeeeeease.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.