Just lookin for a little trailing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > Just lookin for a little trailing

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 05-25-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
bradleyheathhays
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Just lookin for a little trailing

Got a stock 96 XJ 4.0 auto 4wd with some all terrains and I'm looking to take my gf's kids through some easy trails around central Kentucky. I'm in Lexington and don't know a lot of people out in the country, so I need some help id-eing some good trails for us. I remember hearing about a place that was a little Southeast of Richmond, but that's been a while ago and I've forgotten the name.

Unread 06-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
WildcatRider
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I wish I could help you, but we do both appear to have the same first name and live in Lex, so if you ever figure anything out post up

My build is about 90% done right now so I will be hoping to take it out in the next few weeks.
WildcatRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

Dirty Turtle Offroad has trails for all levels. It's in Bedford, KY, info is here:

www.dirtyturtleoffroad.com

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

WISH LIST: Front LCAs, Winch, 6" KC Driving Lights, Deep Cycle Battery
Morgen251 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
TrailRatedRN
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You are possibly thinking of Hillz N Hollarz. An awesome 900 acre wheeling mecca that, last I heard, was slapped to a halt by the local gov't based, I believe, on some zoning law.
TrailRatedRN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #5
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailRatedRN View Post
You are possibly thinking of Hillz N Hollarz. An awesome 900 acre wheeling mecca that, last I heard, was slapped to a halt by the local gov't based, I believe, on some zoning law.
Yep---Joe got shut down by the locals. Shame, too....as it was a cool park. He opened up Dirty Turtle Offroad instead----which is quickly growing into and past what HnH was when he was given the boot.

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

WISH LIST: Front LCAs, Winch, 6" KC Driving Lights, Deep Cycle Battery
Morgen251 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #6
BobA
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Over here in western KY theres Turkeybay offroad area at land between the lakes, as well as tons of forestry type roads to get lost on throughout Land between the lakes.

77 DJ5
Soon to be streetrod
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2011, 01:41 AM   #7
piraterig
2004 WJ 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobA View Post
Over here in western KY theres Turkeybay offroad area at land between the lakes, as well as tons of forestry type roads to get lost on throughout Land between the lakes.
I love this area!!! grew up here. BUT TREAD LIGHTLY!!! please enjoy but try to leave it the same or better than you found it, so it will always be available to us..

FRIENDS OF LBL,
db
piraterig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #8
JustWannaRide
1994 XJ Cherokee 

we are going to turkey bay on black friday, I just posted a thread about it.
JustWannaRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #9
piraterig
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWannaRide View Post
we are going to turkey bay on black friday, I just posted a thread about it.
cool!!! !!!!!
piraterig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #10
1996jeepxj
1996 XJ Cherokee 

The gorge is my favorite local place, its free and the trails range from easy to extreme.

Future plans:
Full cage, Long arms with 35s and 4.56 gears
1996jeepxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #11
JeepAddOnsChris
Vendor
1995 YJ Wrangler 

There's a run being setup for Dec 10th down at the Gorge. You should come out.

Visit our site
http://jeepaddons.com
Like us on Facebook
http://facebook.com/jeepaddons
JeepAddOnsChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.