Jefferson/Bullitt/Oldham County folks?!? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > Jefferson/Bullitt/Oldham County folks?!?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 08-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #91
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04bigredjeep View Post
Went to horseshoe this past weekend was rough there trails are wide at bottom then got real narrow toward top and would go to four wheeler size u have to be careful but I'm sure with time this will work its self out still a new park and to the question about fishing they do let u but it is catch and release only . Will be watching this forum for future ride like to meet up with some of u all
There are some places where it does get a little tight.... either the Jeepers will widen this from use, or a dozer will.. We didn't have too many problems with this, but we didn't get to cover much ground as we would have liked simply because we spent 2.5 - 3 hours winching...It was all good,, just part of wheel-n.

Anytime you open a new park, there seems to be way more work to do than there is hours to do it in. The trails need activity and over a period of a couple years, they will get better and better. My goal is to learn as many of the trails as I can. If you want to ride with my group, we would love to wheel with you. All we ask is that you have tow points (F&R), a CB radio, and that you be family friendly. We typically roll with our wifes, kids, and even Grand kids.. We have had groups where the oldes driver was near 80 and the youngest only had a permit.

I would think the catch & release would be good as anything as most people aren't going to be setup to do anything (cook or transport) the fish anyway so might as well let the next guy have thrill of catching it.

little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #92
04bigredjeep

So let me ask this where are some good places here locally to wheel
04bigredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #93
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So let me ask this where are some good places here locally to wheel
Define "locally".....

Also, keep in mind what's legal and what isn't....... Unless the owner personally gives you, or someone in your group permission to be on his/her land, stay out even if the whole World is wheeling there.
Unread 08-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #94
04bigredjeep

Half hour or less Jefferson and surrounding co. And yes something legal not worth getting locked up for
Unread 08-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #95
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Half hour or less Jefferson and surrounding co. And yes something legal not worth getting locked up for

The answer is simple...... there is nothing in this range unless you know someone who owns land.
Unread 08-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #96
ZJ_flexxxer
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
The answer is simple...... there is nothing in this range unless you know someone who owns land.
basically. sucks that there's nothing legal close to just hit up some weekends when you don't have the cash for a trip to the turtle,canmer,etc.

94 ZJ Laredo--lifted 4.5", rocker rails, front end/t-case/gas tank skids, tube doors, wj knuckle/brake swap, soft 8's, 32x10.50 tsl's [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-la-re-do-rebuild-thread-1212129/"][COLOR="Blue"]BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
87 MJ Comanche--zj d44 rear w/ disc brakes, wj knuckles/brakes w/ drilled & slotted rotors,6" lift in progress [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f53/zj_flexxxers-manche-build-1349142/"][COLOR="Blue"]BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
90 XJ Laredo--D.D., satin black paint job, 15" ecco's, the redheaded step child of my jeeps
87 XJ Wagoneer--R.I.P. =(

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/DirtHicksVideos"][COLOR="Red"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][U][SIZE="5"]SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL![/SIZE][/U][/FONT][/COLOR][/URL]
ZJ_flexxxer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #97
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ_flexxxer View Post
basically. sucks that there's nothing legal close to just hit up some weekends when you don't have the cash for a trip to the turtle,canmer,etc.
At one time, Slade at 123 miles and Turkey Bay @ 206 miles were my only choices. Wishbone is in BG, Interlake is about 113 miles from Louisville, Red Bird, Badlands, Big Rock, etc., are all fairly new compared. Horseshoe only charges $10.00 a person, but she still have to have fuel to get there and back.
Unread 08-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #98
04bigredjeep

Yea to me it's not the price of gas but the time it takes to drive to these places on a Sunday. I work nights so by the time I drive there then spend a few hours playing then have to pack it up and get home so I can rest up before work but the thing we do to have fun lol
Unread 08-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #99
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yea to me it's not the price of gas but the time it takes to drive to these places on a Sunday. I work nights so by the time I drive there then spend a few hours playing then have to pack it up and get home so I can rest up before work but the thing we do to have fun lol
It helps t be younger... in days long gone, I would leave my house at 5:30 A.M. (I'm talking pulling out driveway time), drive 206 miles to LBL, meet the group at 9:00 A.M. (they are on slow time), wheel all day, then go out to eat afterwards with the group.... then start the 206 mile drive home (about 3.5 - 4 hours pulling trailer). I would typically be backing in my driveway at Midnight or later.... I'm too old to do this silly stuff anymore
Unread 08-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #100
BobA
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
I'm too old to do this silly stuff anymore
What you can't hang no more old man? Is that why your jeep stay's in the garage all the time?

77 DJ5
Soon to be streetrod
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #101
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobA View Post
What you can't hang no more old man? Is that why your jeep stay's in the garage all the time?
Hey Bob...... Next time I'm down your way, I'll let you buy my meal at the Wood Shed...
Unread 08-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #102
cjcheek9
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Shepherdsville here. Have all kinds of crap going on with my ride but I'm down for a excursion.
cjcheek9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #103
jeepmonkey06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

We're going to Natural Bridge to camp and wheel this weekend if anybody wants to join us.
jeepmonkey06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #104
Bluegrass89YJ

Wish we could.. Have to work the next two days.. :-(
Bluegrass89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #105
TJ98JeremyPrice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Next LJOC MeetnGreet is 10/28/12! See the Club page on www.facebook.com/louisvillejeepownersclub for more info! And if you haven't already, JOIN the best Jeep Club in Kentucky!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.