Horseshoe Bend Motorsports? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > Horseshoe Bend Motorsports?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 08-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #46
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Here is a video I found on U-tube.......

They don't call it "Bounty Hill" for nothing.......

little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #47
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

https://www.facebook.com/events/296635930403356/

Stuperfest. Anyone going?

I had wanted to go to DTOR's Boo Bash, but they jacked the price up, and they're acting like it's going to be as big as their birthday bash, and there's no way I'd subject myself to that chaos again.

I didn't realize horseshoe bend was doing an event the same weekend. Honestly, it will probably be the better place to be. There will likely be less people, and it'll be cheaper.
XJNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #48
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJNKY View Post
https://www.facebook.com/events/296635930403356/

Stuperfest. Anyone going?

I had wanted to go to DTOR's Boo Bash, but they jacked the price up, and they're acting like it's going to be as big as their birthday bash, and there's no way I'd subject myself to that chaos again.

I didn't realize horseshoe bend was doing an event the same weekend. Honestly, it will probably be the better place to be. There will likely be less people, and it'll be cheaper.

I was going to Horseshoe, but I have a ton of stuff to do to make my Jeep trail worthy.... so Saturday is out for me. However, Horseshoe has been having a bon fire every Saturday night, plus there is more room for people to spread out, yet still be part of the action. Stuperfest will have a little bit of everything. There is a FB page for Stuperfest.

Here is the link to the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/296635930403356/
Unread 10-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #49
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Here is the link to the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/296635930403356/
Hmm... that looks suspiciously close to the link I posted...

I'm just hoping "Stuper"fest is not a reference to level of intoxication... (stuper= stupor?)
Unread 10-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #50
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hmm... that looks suspiciously close to the link I posted...

I'm just hoping "Stuper"fest is not a reference to level of intoxication... (stuper= stupor?)
It does look a lot like the link you posted....... my bad, I didn't see your link... I'm old, this stuff happens.
Unread 10-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #51
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

It's all good. I'm seriously thinking I'm going Saturday. I can't take the beating myself, but it's fun to watch other people climbing the hills, so I'm hoping there will be a decent turn out.
Unread 10-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #52
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It's all good. I'm seriously thinking I'm going Saturday. I can't take the beating myself, but it's fun to watch other people climbing the hills, so I'm hoping there will be a decent turn out.
I think it will be a fun time.... I think there will be a real nice size crowd, but everyone won't be sholved into a postage stamp size area. When you go, takes lots of pics.....
Unread 10-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #53
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well, I'm hoping they have a decent turnout, but not too many. We were at DTOR for their birthday bash in April... it was a good time, because there was plenty to watch, but it was absolute chaos. Something like 1400 people there. You couldn't get in our out. We sat in a traffic jam for 35 minutes just trying to get back out the main trail to leave, and then the rain started. I've been given the impression they're looking for the same numbers for their Boo Bash, so... screw that. Horseshoe Bend is closer and cheaper, and as long as there's enough people for me to spectate, I'm happy. Plus, I really want to see this slab hill. Looks kind of pansy in the pictures, but I know how deceiving pictures can be.
Unread 10-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #54
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, I'm hoping they have a decent turnout, but not too many. We were at DTOR for their birthday bash in April... it was a good time, because there was plenty to watch, but it was absolute chaos. Something like 1400 people there. You couldn't get in our out. We sat in a traffic jam for 35 minutes just trying to get back out the main trail to leave, and then the rain started. I've been given the impression they're looking for the same numbers for their Boo Bash, so... screw that. Horseshoe Bend is closer and cheaper, and as long as there's enough people for me to spectate, I'm happy. Plus, I really want to see this slab hill. Looks kind of pansy in the pictures, but I know how deceiving pictures can be.
I think Horseshoe will have a decent size crowd. That slab hill is a decent hill, but what makes it hard to climb is the combination of real smooth rock and a little moisture... It's kind of like watching someone bowl a perfect game, it doesn't llok that hard from the stands, but trying to actually do it, is a totally different and humbling experience.
Unread 10-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #55
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I suspected... If it wasn't for A) my neck not taking the beating, B) not wanting to break the DD, and C) lack of a roll cage, I'd give it a shot. I've climbed things guys on much nastier tires haven't been able to get a grip on. AT's normally come up short off pavement, but when it comes to slick things, a little siping goes a long way.
Unread 01-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #56
lobi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

went and checked out HSBM last weekend and i have to say we had a great time will definitely be going back soon
lobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #57
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobi View Post
went and checked out HSBM last weekend and i have to say we had a great time will definitely be going back soon
HSBM is really nice park, but the people running the park really make the place super nice.
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #58
MeatCurtains
2012 JK Wrangler 

This place is just south of me, maybe an hour or so. I need to put something besides the SR-A's on my wrangler and head down there and see whats up. A couple guys I work with were talking about this place but never could come up with a name.
MeatCurtains is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #59
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatCurtains View Post
This place is just south of me, maybe an hour or so. I need to put something besides the SR-A's on my wrangler and head down there and see whats up. A couple guys I work with were talking about this place but never could come up with a name.
I saw pics and heard "War stories" from this past weekend..... The temps got up and the snow started melting, trails were slick as snot on greased ice. ....
Unread 01-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #60
MeatCurtains
2012 JK Wrangler 

Is the park pretty well maintained? Or is this a blaze your own trail type of place?
MeatCurtains is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.