Horseshoe Bend Motorsports? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > Horseshoe Bend Motorsports?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-10-2012, 05:50 AM   #31
bizeeb65

No one getting upset here. I am on JF tons, and do alot of reading thru without logging in.

I heard of ky outback, just never knew why it got shut down. People tend to make up lots of things in regards to local parks, so I was curious.

bizeeb65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 06:01 AM   #32
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizeeb65 View Post
No one getting upset here. I am on JF tons, and do alot of reading thru without logging in.

I heard of ky outback, just never knew why it got shut down. People tend to make up lots of things in regards to local parks, so I was curious.
Not a problem for me, I was just saying I can see where others might be concerned/confused or whatever. Most people don't know this, but I worked with another guy for about one year on the down low trying to get a local off road park re-opened. It's a dead issue, has been for a long time, but I probably have more insight as to the issues an off road park faces than most because of all this.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #33
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
No one getting upset here.
Ditto. I was just pointing out it was odd (which it was, especially with the whole "hiding in the shadows" line). Just flagging an anomaly, not trying to pick a fight.

Here's hoping a similar fate does not befall Horseshoe Bend. There seem to be two main schools of thought in the offroad community. There's the ones who are there to have a good time, and be respectful and safe, and there's the rowdies that are there to drink, party, and break stuff. It seems to me that if there's ever any blame to be given to the patrons of an offroad park for the park's demise, it's the second group. Unfortunately, with this being KY, the latter group outnumbers the former maybe 3:1.

Time will tell. In the mean time, I recommend frequenting it as much as possible in case problems do arise.
XJNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #34
Sextiva
1996 ZJ 

bizeeb is too busy postin on 502.
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #35
bizeeb65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sextiva View Post
Heck yea! Haters gonna hate! Lol.

I hope to make it over to horseshoe sometime soon, see it first hand.
bizeeb65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #36
Sextiva
1996 ZJ 

I think theres a trip planned for the 18th. Im sure you could follow along. Ive got a little more work to do on the jeep and then hopefully it will be ready.
Unread 08-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #37
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Forgive me for being an idiot.... who, what, or where is 502 other than an area code
Unread 08-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #38
Sextiva
1996 ZJ 

502streetscene.net don't go there if you're the sensitive type. BTW when are we meeting up little Jeep? My phone deleted the entire text messaging thread somehow.
Unread 08-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #39
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
502streetscene.net don't go there if you're the sensitive type. BTW when are we meeting up little Jeep? My phone deleted the entire text messaging thread somehow.
I need to be at Horseshoe by 10:00 A.M......... I can meet you there, or somewhere along I-71 (outside the Gene Snyder).....
Unread 08-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #40
Sextiva
1996 ZJ 

Okay ill try to be there at 9:45. I'll be in a white grand Cherokee.
Unread 08-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #41
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Okay ill try to be there at 9:45. I'll be in a white grand Cherokee.
You wil have no problem seeing my crew... if everyone who says that are coming shows up, we will have a large group.. The Little Jeep is a White TJ on 35s it will be on a trailer. I'll PM you my cell number again.
Unread 08-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #42
Dirtymike1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just heard about this place a few days ago, hoping to make a trip up there in the next few weeks. Thanks to those who posted pictures, this place looks great!
Dirtymike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #43
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yesterday, I hooked up with 18 or 19 other Jeeps and wheeled at the Horseshoe. Met some new people, got to see some old friends. We ran some new trails, discovered a lot of new trails to run another day. Just had a Great day in the woods, all the way around.

Here is an example of what you missed......

Here is the view of the main road into the park as seen thru the windshield of the Little Jeep...

This is most of the Jeeps from our group... there were 18 - 19 Jeeps in total.

They don't call this "Bounty Hill" for nothing...

Even the Big Boy Toys came out to play....

Print out from my GPS

Unread 08-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #44
Sextiva
1996 ZJ 

It was an awesome time Don. My passenger put his truck on craigslist as soon as we got home. I guess he wants a Jeep now. Thanks for letting me follow along, maybe next time we can hit up the turtle or something.
Unread 08-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #45
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It was an awesome time Don. My passenger put his truck on craigslist as soon as we got home. I guess he wants a Jeep now. Thanks for letting me follow along, maybe next time we can hit up the turtle or something.
GREAT!!! This is what we like to hear... there is nuthing better than giving your friend a BAD CASE of JEEP FEVER!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.