Horseshoe Bend Motorsports? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > Horseshoe Bend Motorsports?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #16
Sextiva
1996 ZJ 

I finally got my Jeep trail worthy today. Just need extended front brake lines and a CB. I don't have tow points but I'm slowly getting it there. If you guys go again soon I'd love to come.

Unread 08-05-2012, 06:16 AM   #17
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sextiva View Post
I finally got my Jeep trail worthy today. Just need extended front brake lines and a CB. I don't have tow points but I'm slowly getting it there. If you guys go again soon I'd love to come.
We are going back on the 18th....... You have an ARB front bumper? It doesn't have shackles for D rings? Do you have a rear receiver hitch? If yes, it's a legal tow point. If you have tow strap with loops, no metal hooks, we can make a recovery point on one axle BEFORE you go into the woods. Longer brake lines will be a must have item as lots of places to flex out.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #18
Sextiva
1996 ZJ 

Yeah I do actually have a reciever. And I could possibly use my front Bumper and loop my strap around it. Its definitely sturdy enough. Ill get the brake lines on and a CB this week. Where do you guys meet up?
Unread 08-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #19
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sextiva View Post
Yeah I do actually have a reciever. And I could possibly use my front Bumper and loop my strap around it. Its definitely sturdy enough. Ill get the brake lines on and a CB this week. Where do you guys meet up?
The Receiver hitch is a legal recovery point, you just need a standard pin to go through it and a 2inch x 20' tow strap with loops, no metal hooks, and I'll show you the safe way to make this a recovery point. Post up a pic of that ARB, I can't imagine it doesn't have shackles for D-rings... but it should be a stout enough bumper that we can make it work as a recovery point one way or the other...

I'll send you a PM with my number and we can talk as we have people coming from different places so hooking up with you shoulld not be a hard thing to do.
Unread 08-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #20
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

We were going to go to the DTOR Jeep vs Yota event Saturday, and I was all stoked to go, cause I hate Toyotas... But, plans fell apart, and we ended up just going to Horseshoe Bend at the last minute. Not that I don't like Horseshoe Bend, I really do, I just can't really do a lot of rough stuff, so my plan had been to go to DTOR and pretty much just spectate.

But, it was nice and dry at the Bend, and a lot of the hills that were not climbable last time were doable this time, and it was a lot of fun. My neck injury is flared up something fierce, and I may never sit in my Jeep again, but it was fun. Anyway, I thought I'd throw out a few more pictures, because little_Jeep is right, they really do have some beautiful scenery.

Aaron did tell us they had been having some trouble with one of their neighbors, so be extra careful not to cross the creek. So we just stayed out of it entirely, other than to stop and let the dog out for a break, and even then we parked next to it and walked out onto the rocks.
100_2060.jpg   100_2045.jpg   100_2052.jpg   100_2046.jpg   100_2050.jpg  

XJNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #21
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Good photos XJNKY,,, The views at Horseshoe are nice...

I also heard a little about neighbor being upset... (he was standing in woods at distance across creek, as we drove by). I didn't see him, my Wife did,
she waved at him but she didn't know if he waved back or not as we were kind of past him by this time. I assume it's probably a situation where a few
people might have wondered on private land without knowing they were doing so, or it could be that neighbor is just worried that people **might be** coming
onto his land... either way, hopefully everyone will be a "Good neighbor" and respect the man's concerns, and his property, like you and your friends did.
Hopefully, as more people learn the Park's boundaries and they stay within them, the neighbor's concerns will ease. I figure if my group is where we belong,
and we are doing what we are suppose to be doing, we have no reason to fear the neighbor, the law, or anyone else.

Unread 08-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #22
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I also heard a little about neighbor being upset... (he was standing in woods at distance across creek, as we drove by). I didn't see him, my Wife did,
she waved at him but she didn't know if he waved back or not as we were kind of past him by this time. I assume it's probably a situation where a few
people might have wondered on private land without knowing they were doing so, or it could be that neighbor is just worried that people **might be** coming
onto his land... either way, hopefully everyone will be a "Good neighbor" and respect the man's concerns, and his property, like you and your friends did.
Hopefully, as more people learn the Park's boundaries and they stay within them, the neighbor's concerns will ease.
I agree entirely. My understanding is that a combination of unhappy neighbors, and irresponsible wheelers is what got Hillz-n-Hollarz (terrible name btw) shut down, and that's just a few miles from Horseshoe Bend. There was a bunch of yellow tape up marking the boundary at points. Maybe they'll get something more permanent put up. We saw the neighbor our first time there, or rather, my crew did, but no one bothered to tell me. They left me behind, so as I was coming out of the creek trying to catch up to them (still wasn't across it, just in it) I saw him with 2 massive Rottweilers. I waved. He just looked angry. Decided just to avoid the creek this time to be safe. No need to anger the neighbors...
Unread 08-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #23
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJNKY View Post
I agree entirely. My understanding is that a combination of unhappy neighbors, and irresponsible wheelers is what got Hillz-n-Hollarz (terrible name btw) shut down, and that's just a few miles from Horseshoe Bend. There was a bunch of yellow tape up marking the boundary at points. Maybe they'll get something more permanent put up. We saw the neighbor our first time there, or rather, my crew did, but no one bothered to tell me. They left me behind, so as I was coming out of the creek trying to catch up to them (still wasn't across it, just in it) I saw him with 2 massive Rottweilers. I waved. He just looked angry. Decided just to avoid the creek this time to be safe. No need to anger the neighbors...

Yep, he had the dogs when my wife saw him. Nothing wrong with that, he doesn't know us. I loved Hillz n Hollarz II.... not so much Hillz n Hollarz I. The neighbors were an issue, but there were much more bigger issues than the neighbors. The off road park in Northern KY a few years back was a classic example of neighbor problems... things just started off on wrong foot and never got better. Ended up, the City closed the park because they wanted owner to get an "Entertainment license" (basically a law invented to keep strip clubs out of city, polluted to include an off road park)... the idea was to keep a strip club from making a profit which ment there was no way a little off road park stood a snow ball's chance of surviving.
Unread 08-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #24
bizeeb65

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Yep, he had the dogs when my wife saw him. Nothing wrong with that, he doesn't know us. I loved Hillz n Hollarz II.... not so much Hillz n Hollarz I. The neighbors were an issue, but there were much more bigger issues than the neighbors. The off road park in Northern KY a few years back was a classic example of neighbor problems... things just started off on wrong foot and never got better. Ended up, the City closed the park because they wanted owner to get an "Entertainment license" (basically a law invented to keep strip clubs out of city, polluted to include an off road park)... the idea was to keep a strip club from making a profit which ment there was no way a little off road park stood a snow ball's chance of surviving.
Do you have any sources for your info?
bizeeb65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #25
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizeeb65 View Post
Do you have any sources for your info?
Hey Alex, What kind of source other than hearing / reading about it (on park's Web site) as it happened are you looking for?
That off road park has been closed for a number of years now.

**EDIT**

Here Alex, it appears all this went down in 2005...

http://forums.off-road.com/where-go-...park-news.html
Unread 08-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #26
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

How does bizeeb have an account since 2008 and this is their first post?
Unread 08-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #27
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJNKY View Post
How does bizeeb have an account since 2008 and this is their first post?
I asked myself that very question
Unread 08-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #28
XJNKY
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Methinks something smells fishy...
Unread 08-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #29
bizeeb65

Some choose to stay in the shadows. Don can tell you exactly who I am and what my role has been regarding our sport in this community. I was just curious where the info was coming from. Is that ok?
bizeeb65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 05:36 AM   #30
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizeeb65 View Post
Some choose to stay in the shadows. Don can tell you exactly who I am and what my role has been regarding our sport in this community. I was just curious where the info was coming from. Is that ok?

Chill out, guys... Alex, it's a legit question. Looking at your profile, I can see where some people might be concerned. You have been on forum all these years, never made a single post, last time you were even on this forum was January 22, 2012.... then you pop up here. It's all good, I'm just saying.

All the stuff with the Northern KY park was before your time, Alex. The park probably was not open more than a year or so. I don't remember the details, but basically from what I do remember, the neighbors and the town were not happy with the off road park, and from what I remember, the owners of off road park did little to ease the situation (keep in mind this is just my memory, being outside looking in). Anyway, the town got creative and figured out that they had a law already on the books that was written to deal with places of "Adult Entertainment" that they felt could force the park to purchase a license. The intended purpose of the license was to make it near impossible for an Adult Night Club to make a profit. If an Adult Night Club can't make a profit under this law, there is little chance some little off road park can survive financially.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.