Hillz n Hollarz Jan 3rd - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > Hillz n Hollarz Jan 3rd

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-01-2009, 07:12 AM   #46
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

i dont have a CB, i dont know of any of us that do.

what happened to your factory tow points?

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 10:45 AM   #47
Wrangler_91
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Front tow hooks are easy and simple to mount up. Just go to pep boys and get some $9.99 tow hooks and they bolt directly up to the frame holes in the front.
Wrangler_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #48
pyrow07
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Oh ok, dunno what happened to them. i have the RME TJ X and PO must have taken it off...
pyrow07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 11:45 AM   #49
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

the RME should have 2 tow hooks up front and one on the driver side frame rail in the rear.

Unread 01-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #50
pyrow07
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Havent seen either of them and on wed night i was under that heep for a while...
Unread 01-01-2009, 01:02 PM   #51
Brads_nky_yj

I have a CB and usually run on channel 4. Thats fine if anyone wants to meet us down there thats not a problem. Just make sure you look for the orange trees and concrete blocks. Those of you coming from lex/l-ville, the park entrance will be on your right once you get on harpers ferry, us coming from owenton it will be on the left, but you guys will just follow me. Will(XJ Will that is), sorry I couldnt make it today. Thats what you get when you still live at home and your parents decide they want you to stay at home on new years and do stuff with them....bla...anyway anyone worried about not having big enough tires or what not dont worry. I have been to HNH on stock tires, 30's and now my 31's. I have ran some of their harder trails and Im still running my stock driveline. I have never dented anything or broken anything. You WILL be fine. My jeep is my DD as well and trust me I dont plan on breaking anything. I know when to stop and what my limits are. If you know how to drive, watch your lines and know how far your jeep can go then you will be fine. I will meeting some guys at the McD's in Richwood Saturday morning at 9 if anyone else is up this way. Other than that I hope to see you guys in Owenton/ HNH!!
Unread 01-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #52
Wrangler_91
1998 TJ Wrangler 

And to anyone who hasn't been there before and isn't coming with the group. WHen you first pull in the driveway there is a gate held shut with a chain. Open the gate, drive in, and make sure to close the gate behind you. Just thought I would throw that out there.
Wrangler_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #53
Bigboyky
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I read that some maybe trailering down. No way a trailer can make the turn coming in from Owenton. They will have to drive past the park about a half a mile there is an easy turn around at the bottom of the hill. Then they can make it in. They will also have to do the turn around going back out. This sounds like a good day wish I didn't have to work.
pyrow,
I have seen a bunch of stockers down there. You'll be fine! As far as recovery points.... you need to get them anyway. get some of the cheapos for now. We'll set you up later. If you live close to Brad then you live close to me. And I love to fab things up. Even if you do drive a TJ...
Bigboyky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #54
TJ'S 98 TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Brads_nky_yj (Brad) Me and a buddy of mine will be meeting you guys at the park and would like to ride with your group if that's cool. I have a white TJ and he has green TJ. We should be there before 10:30 hopefully so we look forward to seeing you guys there! -Tommy
TJ'S 98 TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #55
bgwyllys61
1997 XJ Cherokee 

im still a maybe at this point, i got a ton of work done today, but still dont know if the rest of my steering will show up or not
bgwyllys61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #56
pyrow07
2005 TJ Wrangler 

good news yall, got a free Cobra 29 LTD for free along with an antenna and will be installing it tomorrow
Unread 01-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #57
Bigboyky
1995 YJ Wrangler 

well if you get hung up at least you'll be able to call. What about those hooks?
Bigboyky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #58
Brads_nky_yj

TJ'S 98 TJ, you can ride with us thats not a problem. I hoping that we get down there around 10:30/10:45. That way we can be on the trails by 11:00. Hopefully the trails dry out a little by tomorrow cause that places sucks when its super wet. By sucks I mean you cant run that many of the more difficult trails because of the slickness. If its somewhat dry then the day shoudl be awesome. Me and my dad ^^^^(Bigboyky) have been down there when it was pretty dry and ran some of the much harder trails just fine. Thats what Im hoping for. That way we can all still get muddy and still get some nice trail runs in. Oh and everyone bring cameras!! Im bringin mine and would love to make a trail report out of this with some nice pics. Nolan, dont forget to call me later about pickin up those tow hooks and inline fuse for your CB. I have em with me today. Again everyone have a safe trip either to the park or Owenton and I;ll see you on the trails. If tomorrow goes super well we will definatly have another trail run again this month. Thanks!!
Unread 01-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #59
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

my plan is to meet up with my buddy at 9AM and get to owenton at about 10:15 according to map quest, i plan on speeding heavily though so might get there a little earlier.

judging by the fact that there has been no precipitation since wednesday and it was just a dusting of snow id say the trails should be pretty dry, then again ive been known to be wrong on occasion.

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:29 PM   #60
Brads_nky_yj

yeah i plan on meeting with some guys here in nky around 9 and then heading down to owneton and getting there around 10:00. Yeah im figuring the trails should be pretty dry. Im hoping they are cause that way everyone could do alot of trails. of course we wont run anything crazy (unless you guys with bigger meats and lockers,etc want to) but we can still do alot of their moderate-hard trails.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.