Hillz n Hollarz Jan 3rd - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > Hillz n Hollarz Jan 3rd

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-29-2008, 09:06 PM   #31
Brads_nky_yj

nonsense....just plain nonsense...so your buddy took your DS to lengthen it? When is he gonna be done with that? Also do you know what he would charge me if I wanted him to cut and balance a DS for me? When I do my SYE in a month or two I was thinkin about just gettin a XJ front DS and gettin it shortened and balanced. Its alot cheaper than a $300 new DS. Im just wonderin, if he cant then oh well. There are just no decent driveshaft places around me...

Unread 12-29-2008, 09:34 PM   #32
bgwyllys61
1997 XJ Cherokee 

ill ask him tomorrow, hopefully i might have mine back tomorrow, but if not im sure it will be done wednesday
bgwyllys61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2008, 09:40 PM   #33
Brads_nky_yj

ok cool cool...
Unread 12-30-2008, 08:57 PM   #34
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

I'll be there, bringing my Mechanic with me. hes got a red 2 door XJ with a 6" rustys and 35's. i dont know if hes bringing anyone with him with jeeps, but thats 2 counting me.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2008, 06:58 AM   #35
JONIG
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Count us in!

Count us in for saturday! We will be coming from southern Indiana if anyone wants to meet us somewhere.
JONIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2008, 08:46 AM   #36
bgwyllys61
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Saturday is looking pretty good so far, as long as I don't run into any problems I should be there, anyone leaving from Lexington? I've only been there once before, and can't remember how to get there
Unread 12-31-2008, 09:54 AM   #37
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

we're all going to meet in Owenton, we need to figure out a place specifically to meet though

Unread 12-31-2008, 11:20 AM   #38
Brads_nky_yj

Ok everyone, I talked to Will(spyder6) last night in regards to meeting place and times and all that stuff. Everyone is coming from all different places and there is NOT one specific town or city that is perfect for everyone. What I was thinking was we could all meet up in Owenton. Its a pretty nice sized city and is right before the drive gets squirly with back roads and town. I have been through there plenty of times on my way to HNH and the only place I know of that is right off the main road and where we could meet is the Subway. They have a decent sized Paring lot and its literlly right off 127. I will list directions and such below. Try and meet there around 10:00am if possible. That way we can get on the road and will be at HNH around 10:30am, and people with trailers and such can get everything unloaded and we can be wheelin by 11:00am. My plan is to hit some of the moderate trails for a few, show some of you guys with bigger wheels/axles/nuts the tougher ones and then maybe stop for some lunch and then continue wheeling for a few hours after that.

Here are some directions for everyone:

Lexington - Owenton's Subway

Louisville - Owenton's Subway

Cincinnati - Owenton's Subway

Again, Try meeting at the Subway around 10:00am. Just look for my blue rusty Jeep! The drive to Owenton is about an hour for everyone and then form there about another half hour so it should be all good. If anyone else is coming from NKY/Ohio I will be meeting off the Richwood exit with another Jeeper so you are welcome to meet and ride down with us. This sounds like its going to be an awesome day and Im excited to meet some new poeple! If you have any questions or anything post in here or PM me.

The parks address is:
2740 Harpers Ferry Road, Lockport KY

Look for the Orange trees if your not meeting us in Owenton. The cost to ride is $10 a driver and $5 a passenger and that gets you in/out of the park all day. You will need to sign a waiver once you get there, but after that you will be ready to wheel. Thanks!!
Unread 12-31-2008, 12:44 PM   #39
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

nate refuses to come... gay.

Unread 12-31-2008, 02:48 PM   #40
pyrow07
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I would love to come, but all i have is a 2" lift and 31" tires, so if yall think i would do ok and not break anything seeing that it is my dd and gets me to school and back...
pyrow07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2008, 03:21 PM   #41
TJ'S 98 TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I think I'm in...coming from georgetown, ky....trying to get another buddy with his TJ to come too! First time to hillz n hollarz...looking forward to meeting some new people.

-Tommy
TJ'S 98 TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2008, 04:07 PM   #42
Colonyrider
1998 XJ Cherokee 

brad, what time are u stopping in richwood? i go threw there to hit the interstate.
Colonyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2008, 04:41 PM   #43
Wrangler_91
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrow07 View Post
I would love to come, but all i have is a 2" lift and 31" tires, so if yall think i would do ok and not break anything seeing that it is my dd and gets me to school and back...

You will be fine, come on down. I am running on 31" tires with a 3" lift and 2" BL (PO installed it) other than that I am stock suspension and drivelinewise. I have been the HNH 3 times and have done everythine except for one hill which is nearly impossible (can only think of 1 person I saw get up) and one other hill but there was a bypass. My TJ is a daily driver as well so I am not crazy or anything, have never got any body damage at HNH yet (knock on wood) so come on down and have some fun, you will be fine.

Brad I think I am just going to meet you all at HNH. I am pretty sure I know how to get there and if not hopefully my GPS will. I will try to get there at 10:30 or a bit earlier if possible. What channel are we going to be running on the CBs? Are we going to be running CBs? If anyone else is coming from louisville and wants to meet up just let me know.

Brad woul you mind PMing me your cell phone number so I can get hold of somebody if I end up late or something? Thanks.
Wrangler_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2008, 04:58 PM   #44
bgwyllys61
1997 XJ Cherokee 

hey brad we still on for tomorrow? i got half my steering stuff in but i called fed-ex, and hopefully the rest will be in friday, if not, it will be here saturday morning, and i can throw it on and meet you guys down there
Unread 12-31-2008, 11:35 PM   #45
pyrow07
2005 TJ Wrangler 

well see wrangler i dont have a cb or tow points either, may be able to get a cb running though, but yeah no tow points... and i was thinking about riding with brad possibly, he lives by me even though i dont know him personally
pyrow07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.