Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Hillz n Hollarz Jan 3rd

5K views 102 replies 11 participants last post by  spyder6 
#1 ·
So I was thinkin it would be nice to go wheelin after the new year sometime. I am plannin on going down the 3rd. This will give me enough time to get all the stuff thats sitting in my room put on the jeep and also add what I get for christmas. I dunno if I am gonna stay the night and wheel sunday too but definatly gonna be wheelin saturday. Hopefully it is nice and snowy!! I have talked to a few friends already and one or two of them have confirmed they will be coming. If anyone else wants to come your more than welcome.

www.hillznhollarz.com

#5 ·
oops, sorry I was using the calender on windows and was looking at Jan 08. Your right it is the 3rd.

I am going to interlake the weekend before that so as long as I don't blow anything up there I should be in the clear but won't know for sure until later on. I don't think anything is going on that weekend for me but I am terrible at remembering dates for things. lol

#6 ·
haha yeah its gonna be 2009, crazy to think about huh lol its already frikin here!!! But yeah I hope we can get a good group. I love that place and they have a great park. Something for anyone, and for those of you that might be worried about carnage or body damage. it WONT happen if you use common sense and know where your limit is. I like to see what my jeep can do and by no means do I baby it, but I know when to stop. Again it is my only DD. Hope to hear from more of you!!!

And Robby, hopefully we can get your XJ a little muddy too and break in that new lift :thumbsup:

#16 ·
Robby so far just me and you are confirmed, but if Nate(wranglerswrock) can get his 8.8 done this week he will be coming and then Im gonna ask a few more friends. Then hopefully some more people off here wanna join.
And Mitch, yeah I guess I will take down a tent and stay Saturday night. It will be most likely frikin cold but if you can only come down Sunday then I can do that. Your workin Saturday I suppose then?

#18 ·
thats fine tell em to come. Hopefully we all can just meet up somewhere saturday morning and then ride to the park from there. The easiest place would be the Restaurant off of the Owenton exit on I-71. I know how to get to the park so if we all met everyone could follw me. And only being able to do Saturday is fine. Once you drive to the park you will remember how to get back to 71 then back to florence from there. Its not hard. Again tell your friend to come. I have straps, D-Rings, hopefully friends with winches(Spyder6) will come. And about no recovery points...Im sure we can wrap the straps around somethin if he gets stuck :thumbsup:

#19 ·
Screw the tent boy..... are you nuts? You guys go on down and then we can drive back down Sunday if we choose.

#23 ·
I am 90% sure I am coming. I will probably just meet you all there since it sounds like I am the only one form louisville coming. What time are you planing on being at the park? My friend in a stock Durango has shown some interest in coming wheelin, but I took a look at his truck 2 days ago and realized there is no front recovery point, the rear has a hitch so the hitch is the only recovery point so I don't think that would work.

If you want I can post up on a local board here in louisville and see if anyone is interested.

#24 ·
Post up wherever you would like. I have posted in 2 other forums I am on as well. Im not totally positive on the time yet but it will probably be around 10ish getting there. That gives us enough time to wheel for a few hours, stop and eat some lunch and then wheel some more. I wanna take some pictures this time and if we get a good group that goes get a nice pic in the big field. This isn't a Jeep only thing, any offroad vehicle is welcome. lol

#26 ·
Brad, you better be here thursday morning ready to work! haha i NEED a wheeling fix, and i think it quite possible, my buddy picked up my driveshaft, so i will have it back and ready to go, and my steering will be here wed., so, we got alot of work to do:2thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.