Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Hillz N Hollarz Feb 7/8 2009

24K views 720 replies 23 participants last post by  Bigboyky 
#1 · (Edited)
So after the success of our first group wheeling trip to HNH last weekend I and many other have decided to do it again. I know there are a bunch of you guys who missed last weekend and such. Apparently there are a BUNCH of KY guys who wanna wheel at HNH. Anyway our next wheelin day down there is gonna be the weekend of Feb 7 and/or 8th. We will def. be there on the 7th and if anyone wants to stay we could wheel the 8th too.

It WILL be cold then and probably a little muddy but hopefully not as muddy as last time. We had a total of 11 rigs this past weekend, lets try for 15 or 20?? The cost is $10 for each driver and $5 for each passenger.

I will post directions and a meeting place as we get closer to the day. Subway in Owenton was a good place and not that far from the park, but I understand that not everyone wants to drive up there and also some live close to the park so we will decide that as the time gets closer. Anyway this is the official thread for our next wheelin adventure so if you are coming, wanna come, have any questions or whaever post in here. Hope to see all of the same faces plus more. Thanks!!!

#216 ·
Yea, it was stolen right outta my parking garage.

My dad has the only spare to my jeep and none of my friends are ******* enough to do that, they have been out all day helping me look for it.

Hopefully I will have some form of transportation by then, or i will just have to pedal my butt up there!

#218 ·
firefighterjeep, tell your friends not to worry. I have wheeled at HNH numerous times on stock suspension with almost bald rotted 30's, then on the same tires with a 4" lift and then now with my current set up and have never screwed up or broke anything (knock on wood). I always tell people to just be smart and know your limits. I see alot of guys come out and think that if they slam on the gas they can make it up any hill or trail. You cant! As long as your buddies know how to drive smart, take it slow and no their limits they can do half the park. If they can at least come out and see some of the other jeeps and wheel some of the easier trails first I bet they will have super fun and get more confidence. The only way I have learned to wheel is from wheelin with other people. Its not a natural or "born" thing. You have to go out and do it to become familiar.

Im also thinking that if we have a large enough group maybe before we hit the trails we can go into the big field and line up our jeeps and take some big group photos. There is a big piece of scaffolding (sp?) in the field and one of us could climb up it with everyones cameras or some and take some pictures. It would be nice to have. Just an idea.

#219 ·
what do you mean "possible"? its awn like donkey kong bruh....anyway, Colony, you need to post your rig gettin jacked on pirate, way too many people on there in your area not to post it, definately wont hurt.

is it feb yet? im ready to wheel

#220 ·
Brad, sounds good about the group picture. Y'all still wanting to get one at the firehouse afterward? I guess we can play that one by ear. I'm looking forward to testing out the Jeep. This will be the first "real" off roading I've done in it. Look forward to learning some wheelin' tips from you veterans. I think that's also part of why the other guys keep giving me a "maybe" when I ask them. I don't think any of them....with the exception of the one having troubles with his big rig....have ever had their Heeps off road. I know, I know....they're JEEPS....that's what they're for!!!!! (That's what I keep telling them!) I'll keep at 'em. I think I can get 'em. If nothing else, maybe they can just ride along to see what it's like. :cheers2:

#222 ·
So....my 13 year old is buggin me to let him come along. That's okay??!!
He's actually a pretty good kid, don't tell him I said that though.....

He will get you a beer and cook a hot dog for ya though!:2thumbsup:

#223 ·
Are you kiddin me someone jacked your jeep... thats effin crazy... well i may have spoiled my plans for the ride i just got laid off for a week with no pay sucks a**... but im trying to collect unemployment... But im still shooting for it... 86spider if i get my jeep fixed you and your 13 yr old are more than welcome to ride with me... colony call me bro...

#224 ·
86spider if i get my jeep fixed you and your 13 yr old are more than welcome to ride with me......
I'm leaning more along the lines of......what the hell, it's a Jeep, drive it!!:rolleyes:

No better way to learn then by doing, besides, if I get stuck I can just have my kid hop out and push!!!:rofl:

(I hope he doesn't read this!!)

#228 ·
Way too late for that! He has been eyein Jeeps for the past 2 years, there an older Cherokee in a lot we drive past everyday for $1000. He already said he has $400 and he will pay me the rest before he gets his license!!
What he really wants is a Wrangler though....y'all better take the keys out of 'em, he's a pretty good driver!

#226 ·
Bring the kids..... It's not like we grew up or anything. Look at us we're still playing with trucks in the dirt. Old saying boys never grow up our toys just get bigger! It's going to be a great time!

#227 ·
Yeah Im still game for taking pictures at the fire house too. We could do that after we are done riding for the day. Shelbyville isnt that far away so the ride to and from wouldnt be bad.

Mark, bring your son man! If you bring that tent you guys can camp and all that. But like spyder said, just be aware he will get the bug and when he is old enough to drive you better believe he will be wanting a jeep haha BUt yeah you should wheel man. If there is ever a trail or something that you dont think or dont want to do its cool. Just let me or one of the guys know and I will show ya an easier trail that takes you to the same spot we will be coming out. The great thing about HNH is that most of the trails connect somewhere or come out close to each other so there is always an optional trail. Plus there will be someone always spotting for you (most likely me cause Im gonna be at the front most likely) but hey..I like that! Plus it helps you learn to take it easy and slow and where to put you wheels. You will be fine man! Bring the kid! Get him hooked, that way you know for sure that you will workin on jeeps forever! haha

#229 ·
Alright since Will (spyder) has no room for me in his jeep (jerk!) can I ride with someone else?
I am a good co-driver/spotter and don't mind being a winch wench or a picture ***** either lol.

I just need a seat!

#230 ·
I might be able to make this again.

Trip to Texas is delayed. I will be in Missouri next week then on the 31 of Jan I start tearing the lower half of my engine apart. But I will prolly be in town now for this. If I get my Heep put back together in time I will have to try and make this.

#239 ·
You can ride in my GC......No Smoking. But ya got to listen to my son's ipod.
Lots of Disturbed, Korn, Breaking Benjamin, Fall Out Boy, etc. etc. :thumbsup:

:hahaha: I might have to over rule him and play my cheesy 80's crapola!!

#248 ·
Alex, I will take 'Exploding Dana35' for $500 please! :brickwall

On the way to work the other morning, Daryl's d35 and trac lok decided to chew up the spider gears and spit them into the ring and pinnion. Soooo....needless to say, that is a set back that we are trying to correct. He has already pulled a good 8.25 out of one of the parts jeeps and we hope to have it installed by this weekend. We have to see what kind of driveshaft problems we may encounter seeing as how the parts xj was a np231/8.25 and his white 91 is a np242/d35(abs) configuration.

Of course mine had to kick on in there with a radiator leak and rear shoes that need to be changed. No a big deal, but it always has to be something.

To the fella who had his jeep stolen, I am sorry to hear that man, that sucks!!.

as for the music...you will hear anything from Disturbed, Metallica, Nickelback, to Waylon and Montgomery Gentry coming from our end of the trails. lol :salute:

if you guys get the chance or want to.... check out the Dec 2008 ride pics on our website: ridgerunnersoffroad.com

#252 ·
Alex, I will take 'Exploding Dana35' for $500 please! :brickwall

On the way to work the other morning, Daryl's d35 and trac lok decided to chew up the spider gears and spit them into the ring and pinnion. Soooo....needless to say, that is a set back that we are trying to correct. He has already pulled a good 8.25 out of one of the parts jeeps and we hope to have it installed by this weekend. We have to see what kind of driveshaft problems we may encounter seeing as how the parts xj was a np231/8.25 and his white 91 is a np242/d35(abs) configuration.

Of course mine had to kick on in there with a radiator leak and rear shoes that need to be changed. No a big deal, but it always has to be something.

To the fella who had his jeep stolen, I am sorry to hear that man, that sucks!!.

as for the music...you will hear anything from Disturbed, Metallica, Nickelback, to Waylon and Montgomery Gentry coming from our end of the trails. lol :salute:

if you guys get the chance or want to.... check out the Dec 2008 ride pics on our website: ridgerunnersoffroad.com
ive got a dana 35 you guys can have if it will help, its an early one, so no c clips or any extra crap like that

#249 ·
Those december pictures look good and muddy man!! about as muddy as it was at HNH in december and january haha

I got a bunch of small stuff to do by the 7th as well. all fluids need to be changed, need to get around to installing my fabtech steering box protector, get a new tool box (THANKS WILL!!!!!!!). There is always somethin haha

#255 ·
ohh just a funny story ya know haha

last time we went wheelin in january...we all were parked and everyone was getting paid and signed in and such and I was out introducing myself, tellin ppl what channel to run the CB on, etc etc...anyway after we get everyone ready and set to go I get back into my jeep to pull out and lead and cant find my keys.. start freakin out, searchin everywhere!! I think about it for a second and then realize that I was in my tool box getting a tire pressure gauge for my friend nolan. I try to just pull up the edges because it only latches in the middle, but I couldnt see the keys anywhere under all my tools and straps and such. I search my pockets again...nothing. I look behind me and everyone is started up and waiting so I say F it.. I break the latches on my tool box and start looking through the box. No keys....I turn around and WILL (SPyder) is sitting in his jeep with his window down dangling my keys from his fingers chuckling........ha.....ha........ha........apparently he "forgot" that he took them out of my jeep while I wasnt there lol A-HOLE!!! You owe me a tool box

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.