Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Hillz N Hollarz Feb 7/8 2009

24K views 720 replies 23 participants last post by  Bigboyky 
#1 · (Edited)
So after the success of our first group wheeling trip to HNH last weekend I and many other have decided to do it again. I know there are a bunch of you guys who missed last weekend and such. Apparently there are a BUNCH of KY guys who wanna wheel at HNH. Anyway our next wheelin day down there is gonna be the weekend of Feb 7 and/or 8th. We will def. be there on the 7th and if anyone wants to stay we could wheel the 8th too.

It WILL be cold then and probably a little muddy but hopefully not as muddy as last time. We had a total of 11 rigs this past weekend, lets try for 15 or 20?? The cost is $10 for each driver and $5 for each passenger.

I will post directions and a meeting place as we get closer to the day. Subway in Owenton was a good place and not that far from the park, but I understand that not everyone wants to drive up there and also some live close to the park so we will decide that as the time gets closer. Anyway this is the official thread for our next wheelin adventure so if you are coming, wanna come, have any questions or whaever post in here. Hope to see all of the same faces plus more. Thanks!!!

#12 ·
I am gonna try and make it too. Have to figure something out about a top. The old soft top that was on it when I bought it saw it's last day several years ago.....topless would be dang cold in Feb.!!!!! I'll see what I can come up with....:2thumbsup: If I work the top thing out, I will probably just do Sat. I usually work U of L basketball games on Sundays....(easy easy, just work, doesn't mean I'm a big fan):laugh:

#13 ·
I'm down I should have everything fixed by then I hope if not I'll just jump in with colony or bring my roommates 400 small block swapped cj7 but in the event that my xj is fixed I'm totally down to get flipped by high powered water as long as it gets put on youtube lol I have a helmet and I'll wear my safty harness

#18 ·
ok this is the last time im trying this post i dot understand what the problem is here... it either dont show up or it disappears go figure this is the fourth time i have typed this same message... im down to go one month is plenty of time to fix everything on my xj i hope... if not i will try and bring my roommates 400 small block swapped cj7... but in the event that my xj is complete and fixed i will bring it... I am also totally down with being flipped on the lid or atleast the side if possible by ultra high powed water from a fire truck... lol im not joking... i have a helmet and will even strap on the safty harness (seat belt)... as long as it is put on youtube...

#19 ·
I am also totally down with being flipped on the lid or atleast the side if possible by ultra high powed water from a fire truck... lol im not joking... i have a helmet and will even strap on the safty harness (seat belt)... as long as it is put on youtube...
:rofl: Not sure our chief, insurance agents, or lawyers would approve :brickwall...but it would be DANG funny!! :thumbsup:

#23 ·
yeah that video posted above is the one that the Mythbusters tested and actually worked. Anyway yeah Nolan you need to fix your recovery points before you come next time. I saw those pics and couldnt believe it at first. And yes I can tell you that it IS going to be muddy is feb, but Im hoping its not AS muddy because maybe the ground will be frozen and cold. Anyway sounds like alot of poeple are wanting to come. I posted this thing up a month early just for that reason. I am down to camp as well. I think they charge 10 bucks to camp so figure that in but you can camp ANYWHERE in the park. The best spot is either up by the gate or back by where we came out after the mud hole last time. Anyway make sure everyone has tow points and we should have fun. But Im definatly down or headin the short distance to shelbyville to take some pics with the fire trucks.

#27 ·
yeah and weld some on the rear too. But yeah we can head back into the big field and camp by the trails. There is an awesome spot back there and with a fire and such it wont be tooo cold lol

Willie B- you excited about Harlan as much as I am??

#28 ·
yeah and weld some on the rear too. But yeah we can head back into the big field and camp by the trails. There is an awesome spot back there and with a fire and such it wont be tooo cold lol

Willie B- you excited about Harlan as much as I am??
HELLS yeah i am, if i wasnt, i wouldnt be doin the leg work :rofl::thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.