Dirty Turtle Offroad Park! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > Dirty Turtle Offroad Park!

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 04-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #16
slick2570
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'll probably get there around noonish but since I haven't been there before I don't know. I'm shooting for noon though. And here is what I'm driving.
Hopefully it'll be a bit dirtier than that when I leave...

-Eric

image-1507244604.jpg  
Unread 04-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #17
kyjeeper4life
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick2570 View Post
I'll probably get there around noonish but since I haven't been there before I don't know. I'm shooting for noon though. And here is what I'm driving.
Hopefully it'll be a bit dirtier than that when I leave...

-Eric
looks good man!
this is my jeep

kyjeeper4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 10:56 PM   #18
kyjeeper4life
1995 XJ Cherokee 

and i will be with a stock gray wrangler
Unread 04-08-2011, 07:47 AM   #19
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick2570 View Post
Unfortunately no. I've been hesitant to put anything like that in there because its already been broken into once. I'll get one eventually when I can get one of those overhead, locking radio/cb mounts. But they're $250-300 and I want a lift/tires first. So it might be a while before that happens. Especially since I'm a poor college kid.

-Eric
No one steals a CB these days..... heck you might find that someone leaves one sitting on your Jeep in a parking lot. However, if you are worried about it, go to Wally World or somewhere and purchase the Cobra Model 19, it is small, cheap (about $40.00) CB that works great. Then go to a Pilot truck stop and purchase a 3 foot Firstic II (tunable fiberglass) antenna ($20.00), plus coax (under $20.00), then go to Radio Shack for a cigarette lighter power connector, take a couple large (jumbo size) zip ties and zip tie the mounting bracket to your roll bar between the front seats, connect your mounted antenna wire, run a long power wire to plug into your cigarette lighter, tune the antenna, and you are done. If theft is a concern, two little screws, the power wire, and the antenna wire (twist into rear of CB) is all that is holding the CB in, so you can simply remove it in seconds and leave it out until your next wheel-n trip. Whatever you do, don't waste money on a handheld unit. I had one that I carried as a spare, it was JUNK... so I tossed it.

I have this exact setup (Cobra model 19) in my tow rig.... only time I want a CB in the tow rig is when I'm going on a wheel-n trip...

*** EDIT ***

Wal*Mart dot com only list expensive radios. This radio use to be in all the stores. Doesn't matter, Amazon dot com has it for $40.00 and they offer free shipping on it. Here is the link,
http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-19DXIV-40-Channel-CB-Radio/dp/B00083KUVS

little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #20
slick2570
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I know. I've looked into doing something like that. But with the risk of it getting stolen and losing about $50 more, I'm just gonna save up for this overhead console so I can have a nice cb and put my sweet alpine radio in too.

-Eric
image-1393005561.png  
Unread 04-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #21
kyjeeper4life
1995 XJ Cherokee 

DTOR in the morning!!!!
Unread 04-09-2011, 04:46 AM   #22
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyjeeper4life View Post
DTOR in the morning!!!!
The Little Jeep is still in a million pieces, no DTOR for me today
Unread 04-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #23
slick2570
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hey man, went out there today but didn't see you. Had a blast though!

-Eric
Unread 04-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #24
kyjeeper4life
1995 XJ Cherokee 

yep i was looking for you but didnt see you. maybe next time we both go we can meet up before we go.
It was a great day of wheelin forsure!!!!
Unread 04-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #25
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

http://www.torcoffroad.com/ Hey guys check our club out.
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #26
Skobra
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just moved to Bardstown where is a quick place to get some mud on the jeep nearby?

I have done 2 weekend trips down in corbin but its such a long drive to get down there for a quick day trip

Any suggestions?
Skobra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #27
slick2570
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hey man,
My girlfriend is from Bardstown. There aren't really any offroad parks near there but I'm sure you could make friends with some guys who have land. Sorry but I'd say the closest place to wheel is at least 2-3 hours away from you. Good luck. And if you find a place in or around Bardstown let me know. I drive through there all the time.

-Eric
Unread 04-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #28
kyjeeper4life
1995 XJ Cherokee 

me and a couple of friends are going to the dirty turtle the weekend after derby if anyone is interested in going the more the better!!
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:50 AM   #29
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobra View Post
Just moved to Bardstown where is a quick place to get some mud on the jeep nearby?

I have done 2 weekend trips down in corbin but its such a long drive to get down there for a quick day trip

Any suggestions?
There are not any OHV parks in Bardstown, KY.,. Please do not wheel on any land unless the owner has directly, and personally given you permission to do so. None of this everyone does it stuff.

Check out WishBone Ranch in Bowling Green.. They are on the Web, but the most up-to-date information is on FB. Depending upon your exact location, WishBone Ranch should be about 90 minutes away from you.
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #30
Skobra
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep

There are not any OHV parks in Bardstown, KY.,. Please do not wheel on any land unless the owner has directly, and personally given you permission to do so. None of this everyone does it stuff.

Check out WishBone Ranch in Bowling Green.. They are on the Web, but the most up-to-date information is on FB. Depending upon your exact location, WishBone Ranch should be about 90 minutes away from you.
Thank you! And yes i hate riders that just take off into others property nothing makes a bad name for us more!

90 minutes is no big deal that will work great i will check it out on fb
Skobra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.