Daniel Boone National Forest? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > Daniel Boone National Forest?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
dotsun
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Daniel Boone National Forest?

Anyone know where some trailheads are in the southern Stearns Region? I drove down 92 west from Williamsburg all the way to hwy 27 and didn't see a single sign that I was even in a national forest.

TIA,
Dave

Unread 12-01-2010, 04:51 AM   #2
TNeustadt
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hi Dotsun...I've been wanting to do some trails up there also. Jeep Jamboree recently had an event there so maybe you can get some info from them?
TNeustadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
dotsun
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Tom, I'll check into that.
Unread 01-18-2011, 01:36 AM   #4
chrisnrotc
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Mccreary county ky

There are plenty of trails in mccreary county. coming across hey 92 u passed a road called jellico creek there is a place about 4 miles down that road called polley spring. there are a lot of trails there. U can take the One trail threw Polly and it will bring u out in tn at a place called hole in the earth it's a great ride.there are many places to ride near steams. If any one ever wants to meet up and ride just leave me message. Chris

Last edited by chrisnrotc; 01-18-2011 at 01:52 AM..
chrisnrotc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
My01Sahara
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnrotc View Post
There are plenty of trails in mccreary county. coming across hey 92 u passed a road called jellico creek there is a place about 4 miles down that road called polley spring. there are a lot of trails there. U can take the One trail threw Polly and it will bring u out in tn at a place called hole in the earth it's a great ride.there are many places to ride near steams. If any one ever wants to meet up and ride just leave me message. Chris
How hard are the trails out polly creek? Can a stock TJ do it or will it require lift and bigger tires? Don't have a lot of experience, but would love to look into the trails in DBNF. There looks to be several up around the Cumberland Falls area going back towards Laurel Lake as well.
My01Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #6
rickm75
1992 XJ Cherokee 

the way i understand you can still trail ride at cromers ridge,but your ride has to be street legal with plates and insurance.man we used to have some good times up there.cromers ridge is part of dbnf.
rickm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #7
My01Sahara
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah the National park website has maps of the three area's that show what trails allow licensed vehicles, vehicles less than 50", etc. At least they're still allowing some riding. I'm not familiar with the trails, but once the weather get's better and things dry up a bit I want to go check some of the ones out down around Hollyhill.

There are also some good ones in the London district that are close by. I'm running stock (no lockers, A/T tires, no lift) so don't want extreme. Of course, after a trip or two the bug might bite for a light build.
Unread 01-28-2011, 02:34 AM   #8
chrisnrotc
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Dbnf

I'm running a 94 yj with a 2.5 lift and 35s and I made it threw with out a problem Polly is really not that bad. there are a few rough spots but there are ways around the rough stuff. I live about 10 min from the Cumberland falls and there are some really good trails around there 2
Unread 01-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #9
My01Sahara
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I'm definetly gonna make a few trips down through there once it warms a bit and dries up a bit. I'm thinking really hard about lifting my TJ a couple inches and goint to 32s, but there is no way I'm going to 35s.

Are many people using the trails now. I know a lot of people think it's off limits now.
Unread 01-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #10
chrisnrotc
1994 YJ Wrangler 

lol u should lift it but let me warm u once u start its like an addition lol u will spend all ur free time either building it or wheeling it lol. my girl friends stays mad at me lol over it but she loves the jeep weather she wants to admit it or not lol
Unread 01-29-2011, 08:53 AM   #11
chrisnrotc
1994 YJ Wrangler 

yea some of the trails areound here are closed thunder struck and ball bottoms are both closed. but there are still some good places to ride though
Unread 02-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #12
My01Sahara
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I think I'm going to install a 2" BB in a couple of weeks. I put new tires on today and went with the 31x10.50-15 GY Authority's from wally world. I know how adicting these things can get, but I can't go overboard on lifting this because it is a daily driver. I think the BB with the 31's will give me quite a bit of increase capabilities compared to where it started. Now I won't rule out a 44 rear axle and locker in the future, but not going above the 2".
Unread 02-03-2011, 02:49 AM   #13
chrisnrotc
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I only have a 2.5 inch lift on mine right now but soon to be a soa lift mine is a daily driver to only gets about 10 mpg but I work about 5 miles from the house so it's not 2 bad but 2 inches or lift and 31 should be plenty enough

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.