Central KY, The Gorge or...? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > Central KY, The Gorge or...?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
OustedJeep
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Central KY, The Gorge or...?

I'm new here. Wondering about the gorge. I keep hearing about it, but no idea where it is, or what it is.

Looking for a place around here to get my jeep dirty. I really don't want to travel 2 hours for DTOR, because I just bought it, and I don't wanna break anything too far from home.

I'd like to have someone come with me my first time that has recovery gear, as I don't.

Also... I need friends. I moved here in April, and I know 2 people.

OustedJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 09:12 AM   #2
jeepmonkey06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Get off Bert T combs Mountain Parkway at the Slade exit and turn left and the exit, then left again at the light and follow Campton road for a few miles. Turn left off Campton Road onto Highway 1639 Go down highway 1639 until you get to sand lick road, it will be on your left. At the turn there is a little house and a thick pipe fence along the road. Follow it to the end to get to the trailhead. You'll think you're driving forever to find this house, when you see it take the dirt road, it'll lead you to the land of enchantment.

Approx GPS cords. for the trailhead

Latitude 3745'55.21"N Longitude 8343'16.52"W
jeepmonkey06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #3
jeepmonkey06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Oh, that's not the gorge though. That's directions to the wheelin' place. The gorge is amazing. Google it. It's right off the mountain parkway.
jeepmonkey06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.