camp & wheel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Kentucky Jeep Forum > camp & wheel

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 07-18-2011, 07:33 AM   #1
Newk76
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yj camp & wheel

can anyone sell me on a place in either Kentucky or Tennessee to do some camping/wheeling? I'm hoping to get a weekend away this fall to go camping with my husband & taking the Jeep out for the first time on some light trails. As I said, first time taking the jeep on trails, so nothing extreme please. Campground recommendations? Would love to find some small local festivals to visit while we're out too. This will be a kid-free weekend for us, so I want to enjoy it.. lol. Thanks in advance!

Newk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
Wrangler_91
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Most offroad parks offer primitive camping.

There's a handful of places to go. To name a few
491 offroad
Dirty turtle offroad
Slade
Haspin acres (I think this is actually in Ohio never been)
Harlan
Just kind of depends on the distance you want to travel and what trails you are looking for.
Wrangler_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
Newk76
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler_91
Most offroad parks offer primitive camping.

There's a handful of places to go. To name a few
491 offroad
Dirty turtle offroad
Slade
Haspin acres (I think this is actually in Ohio never been)
Harlan
Just kind of depends on the distance you want to travel and what trails you are looking for.
Haspin is actually in Indiana not far from us. I will look into the others, thanks! We are perfectly fine with primitive camping and just looking for some mild trails for now, plus don't want to risk breaking anything too far from home. Haspin is actually close enough to do as daytrips, but I guess we could camp also..
Unread 07-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
Unlimitedlou
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Check out Turkey Bay in Southwest KY. It is in the Land Between the Lakes area. Lots of camping. There are all level trails there.
Unread 07-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
Newk76
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks lou I will check that out.
Unread 07-26-2011, 06:35 PM   #6
jeepmonkey06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Land Between the Lakes is a great place to go. We went this past spring and Turkey Bay was closed due to the flooding. There were a bunch of trails on the land between the lakes. They were fun. Not too difficult at all. I wasn't afraid of breaking anything either. And the camping was excellent.
jeepmonkey06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #7
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

x3 on LBL. I may try to head up next weekend. That was my first wheeling spot......they have all levels, you can camp right by the trail (wake up and wheel!), and some great scenery with the lakes. Usually all sorts of other jeepers out there, so plenty of help should you need it.

Rule #1----don't wheel alone. If you get stuck, your cell phone may or may not help you out there.

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

WISH LIST: Front LCAs, Winch, 6" KC Driving Lights, Deep Cycle Battery
Morgen251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #8
JKRolling
2010 JK Wrangler 

Any info on cost at LBL?
JKRolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 07:13 AM   #9
cutngut
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKRolling View Post
Any info on cost at LBL?
15 bucks for the whole weekend
cutngut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #10
PChamb
2003 TJ Wrangler 

DTOR is having day/night ride Saturday the 29th, check out the website for more info. But I do know their having a pumpkin scavenger hunt, pumpkin carving contest, $1500 bounty trail challenge, plus free camping all weekend
PChamb is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.