WTF Tennessee?????? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > WTF Tennessee??????

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #31
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigMtnMan
I miss Tellico!
You and a bunch of other people also. Wish the guy that owns it now would do one day or weekend permits instead of the crazy yearly fee he has.

Unread 06-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #32
zjwn2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Wow I had no idea Tellico had closed shows how long it has been since I have been down that way (grew up in Cleveland,TN now live in Johnson City) Windrock is a def go very fun place to offroad. I used to offroad on a hunting club I was on near Dayton, TN but I think the owner ended up selling most of that land. I know some local Jeep clubs used to do some runs on it. There also used to be some fun trails in southern part of the cherokee national forest but I have not been to those in years and they are probably closed too.
zjwn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #33
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjwn2
Wow I had no idea Tellico had closed shows how long it has been since I have been down that way (grew up in Cleveland,TN now live in Johnson City) Windrock is a def go very fun place to offroad. I used to offroad on a hunting club I was on near Dayton, TN but I think the owner ended up selling most of that land. I know some local Jeep clubs used to do some runs on it. There also used to be some fun trails in southern part of the cherokee national forest but I have not been to those in years and they are probably closed too.
Where at in dayton? My grandparents bought a bunch of land in birchwood wish they could get the bowater land that is beside it. It would be some good wheeling.
Unread 06-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #34
zjwn2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcjeep View Post
Where at in dayton? My grandparents bought a bunch of land in birchwood wish they could get the bowater land that is beside it. It would be some good wheeling.
It was a mixture of bowater land and private land. Somewhere around 5000 acres. The owner had made alot of trails for his hummer. They would do a huge hummer run in the fall as well. It had a great mixture of rocks, mud and hill climbs. I think most of the land is state property now and I think he sold because of pressure from the state because they wanted to put a hiking trail along the bluff.
zjwn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 05:22 AM   #35
TJ-Steve

I live in Knoxville. Ive been to windrock with a four wheeler but havnt had my Jeep there because I don't want to go alone. I don't want to hit any trails that are goin to beat my Tj up I just want something besides blacktop. It would be awesome if some of us could get together one Saturday and have about 10 jeeps or more up in windrock. Maybe even start our own club
TJ-Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 07:07 AM   #36
Spook45
2008 JK Wrangler 

Some of s flat-landers(not realy,nothing flat in TN) down here thinkn bout a trip up to the Smokeys when it cools a little, closer to fall. Maybe we try to get something up. Theres four of us,but two are a couple so probly only 3 jeeps from our end at most, maybe only two, one is a diamond i the ruff, a work in progress if you will.
Spook45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #37
TJ-Steve

I'm always up for a Jeep trip
Unread 07-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #38
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If you keep an eye on knoxoffroad they have easy to moderate trail rides from time to time. Most of the guys on there like the more difficult trails tho.
Unread 07-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #39
Gatzby
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ZJwn2, I live in Johnson city too. Are there any good tails or flat mud areas close by?
Gatzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #40
Gunrunner23
2004 WJ 

I live in knoxville and im almost always up for some wheelin. I havent been to windrock since i had my Xterra.
Gunrunner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #41
houstonman35
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I also just moved to Nashville about a month ago. I sure would like to find a group to go wheeling with. I am fairly new to the wheeling experience as I bought my Jeep a little over a year ago. Many of you have listed places around the state to go wheeling. You will have to forgive my ignorance when it comes to the geography of the state. Are any of the places mentioned within an hour or so of Nashville? Finding a place to shoot would also be cool. My shotgun is just gathering dust in my closet. Can anyone help me?
houstonman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #42
Spook45
2008 JK Wrangler 

I dont realy do a lot of wheeling, but theres a rea nice range in Southside rt outside of Clarksville. They hv five skeet ranges, a pistol range a 1oo yrd and 400 yrd rifle. and 3 bow ranges.
Unread 07-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #43
houstonman35
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook45 View Post
I dont realy do a lot of wheeling, but theres a rea nice range in Southside rt outside of Clarksville. They hv five skeet ranges, a pistol range a 1oo yrd and 400 yrd rifle. and 3 bow ranges.
Is that Rattlesnake Ridge? I ran across that on the googles. Unfortunately, the website is blocked at work. Apparently, my employers are not supporters of the 2nd amendment.
houstonman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #44
Spook45
2008 JK Wrangler 

NO, Rattlesnake Ridge is a private training facility run by Fromer Montgomery County sheriffs deputy. The place Im talking about is public. ITs the Montgomery County Shooting Complex run by TWRA. IF you want some private training Like RR, we also have a very popular place out here called Tactical Response. They train Border Patrol, feds locals and private contractors as well as anyone with money that wants quality training.
Unread 07-28-2012, 05:01 AM   #45
TJ-Steve

Anyone up for some trail riding at wind rock within the next weekend or so? Nothing hard core just some dirt, shallow water and light mud. Anything but pavement.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.