WTF Tennessee?????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > WTF Tennessee??????

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 01-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
sgt jeep
2010 JK Wrangler 

WTF Tennessee??????

Hey Jeepers!

Recently moved here from Utah and I cannot find a place to wheel or shoot! What gives? This is a beautiful state and I cannot get outdoors without asking permission.

Moved here do to jobs/family relocation and am happy, but sad I cannot 'get lost' like I used to in Utah. Go 30 minutes outside Salt Lake in almost any direction and you are out in the middle of the Rockies and doing what you want.

I've been searching this forum for a little bit, but haven't really had time to sit down and do a proper search. I take it Wheelin in the Country, and Wooleys is good to go, but damnit I shouldn't have to pay to wheel.

And the shooting ranges are all indoor, with the exception of the outdoor range at the south end of Priest.....Man it was so nice to take a few guns out and go wheeling to go shooting! Pack a lunch, fill up the tank and head out for the day and explore!

Is this what I have to look fwd to here? Someone tell me it isn't so............
I live in Hendersonville.

This of course, is just my opinion and your mileage may vary. As in life, knowledge is one thing, opinions are another. Take it for whatever you want, or don't take it at all. Doesn't really matter in the scheme of things now does it? And grow some thicker skin.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
sgt jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
sgt jeep
2010 JK Wrangler 

Found this link-shows multiple places around Tn!

http://www.itsajeep.org/vBulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=43

This of course, is just my opinion and your mileage may vary. As in life, knowledge is one thing, opinions are another. Take it for whatever you want, or don't take it at all. Doesn't really matter in the scheme of things now does it? And grow some thicker skin.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Unread 01-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
countryman247
1979 CJ7 

if you were on the other side of Nashville i know of a place that is outdoor shooting and you can shoot all day everyday if you want too. but its a bit of a drive for you now
'04 ram 1500 everything else rig
countryman247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
freeman84
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yep......99% of the time you go anywhere to wheel your going to have to pay.
Unread 01-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the east coast. It sucks!
Unread 01-28-2012, 06:15 AM   #6
colegrove03

It is true that most of the wheeling you will have to pay for but I don't mind because our $10 to wheel will help support our wheeling and hopefully keep it all open and legal for us. Sounds like Windrock is the place for you and it's near Knoxville TN. It's an amazing wheel place with all levels of difficulty. There's no shooting but you can sure get yourself lost in there! Take it from me! I know!
colegrove03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 06:25 AM   #7
middleman490
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm in Cumberland Gap and usually end up wheeling in KY. I have friends who roll at Windrock. I've never been and it is only an hour from me.
middleman490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
sgt jeep
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for all the suggestions.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Unread 01-31-2012, 06:21 AM   #9
sgt jeep
2010 JK Wrangler 

Found the link to Windrock area - www.coalcreekohv.com (free plug!)

I knew moving here that it would not be as open as the west is, but it is hard to get it out of my head that I jsut cannot take any dirt side road I see and explore. (There isn't much exploring to do in Wilson/Rutherford county.)
As for the shooting, I used to keep my range bag and some ammo in the Jeep jsut for a little plinking when the opportunity arose.

Gonna have to plan trips now instead of spur of the moment drives. No prob.

Anyone off next week and want to hit Windrock or somewhere else near Nashville?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Unread 01-31-2012, 06:22 AM   #10
sgt jeep
2010 JK Wrangler 

Countryman,

Where is the shooting place of the west side of nashville?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Unread 01-31-2012, 04:13 PM   #11
countryman247
1979 CJ7 

It's in Franklin. If you know where river bend nursery is then you are about 3 min up the road

I was thinking about going out on sun if you want to go we can meet up. I work in murfreesboro
'04 ram 1500 everything else rig
countryman247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
BigZeus
2000 TJ Wrangler 

In TN I guess it's more important just to know people with land. I've been wheeling a lot and we shoot guns all the time yet I've never been on a (registered) trail or to a shooting range If you're ever up north I can take you through a few hollers
BigZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 03:55 AM   #13
ruthole
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Lots of wheeling around here as long as it isnt deer season the hunting clubs dont care as long as you don't destroy anything and stay on the trails and dont make your own. But kinda far for you

Lone jeep club member #1

[QUOTE=TMSquy;13470729]If parts aint flyin you aint tryin![/QUOTE]
ruthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #14
242much
2009 JK Wrangler 

land between the lakes is north of clarksville, it's pretty sweet.

good grief, just buy the Rubicon.
242much is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #15
JKRolling
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242much View Post
land between the lakes is north of clarksville, it's pretty sweet.
Although, it's a little on the high side. It was something like $30 to camp and wheel for the weekend. I think I'm going to try Windrock in Oakridge pretty soon. Never been, but I've heard it's even better than lbl.
JKRolling is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.