Wooly's - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > Wooly's

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-04-2011, 06:16 AM   #16
countryman247
1979 CJ7 

that was good stuff. here is what happened after the chevy informed us that we had gone down a damn 4 wheeler trail. We cut a tree down with a hacksaw ( it was the only thing we had) the guy said he could get him out easy well he hit the rev limiter and the WJ didnt move. I said i thought you could get him out easy he said am i done yet? So he tries again and there is a loud bang and i say well your done now, the loud pop was his front axle.

countryman247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #17
semperfi96
1988 YJ Wrangler 

HAHAAH, chunks of metal and grease laying everywhere where he was going to pull me out.

Im just glad yall left most of me laying in the mud parts out

For some reason my chest hurts today, coulda been the steering wheel that got in my way, remember kiddys, always where your seat belts before you say HEY YALL WHATCH THIS.

The rear shock mount broke when he lifted the front of my jeep and the rear dropped 4 ft I think. Besides that I was really surprised how good it still rode home.. Its sitting on a sprinkler right now to was the under carriage. Ill get the inside later.

All in All with Country almost flipping, my being a crash test dummy, and 1fastr's jeep making it up every trail we hit I had a blast.

Me an Bama are going to fix his one tons so I can get my axle replaced and tcase.
semperfi96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #18
RedlegWJ
1999 WJ 

Lose those SRA's! Don't worry, I need to lose mine soon too. Almost looked like a jerk as opposed to just a tow might have gotten ya out the first time. A jerk would've caused your front end to raise for an instant and you had already had good momentum started. Utilize the spring force of the strap (not to be confused with "never jerking a chain") That's just my impression.
Gray 99 Laredo with '04 driveline wap. Tons of fun coming soon. Steel bumpers. 5 1/2" IRO coils, IRO adj. track bar. Rancho RS9000 Addco rear sway. 2"x.250" DOM long arms with johny joints. Custom A-arm with ball joint delete (J-joint). JK Moab wheels/ 33x 12.5 x 17 Cooper SST. Bushwacker Flares.
RedlegWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #19
semperfi96
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlegWJ View Post
Lose those SRA's! Don't worry, I need to lose mine soon too. Almost looked like a jerk as opposed to just a tow might have gotten ya out the first time. A jerk would've caused your front end to raise for an instant and you had already had good momentum started. Utilize the spring force of the strap (not to be confused with "never jerking a chain") That's just my impression.
well that was kinda my fault, I had sh11ty recovery points, or none really so we had to hook to places that we could jerk. His TJ pulled me out atleast 4 foot. If my 4wd would have been working it would have came out.
Unread 09-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #20
countryman247
1979 CJ7 

If you had 4 wheel the yj coulda got you out
Unread 09-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #21
semperfi96
1988 YJ Wrangler 

tj that is. which I must say preformed pretty damn well.
Unread 09-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #22
countryman247
1979 CJ7 

I ment tj phone said yj. If I fix the clutching and not have street tires I would go through the stuff
Unread 09-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #23
Geo-Nemesis
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastR View Post
A few of us met at Wooly's for a ride today, September 3rd. There was me in a TJ, countryman in a CJ, and semperfi in a WJ. We went down 1 or 2 trails when we cam upon a 1/2 dried up swamp/pond. Countryman and myself both said "no way are we trying it". Well the crazy marine in the WJ said "hell I'll try it". Did I mention his ride is 2wd at the moment? We tried to talk him out of it for about 5 minutes but he was not listening. I guess there comes a time in every mans life when you are told you can not do something enough you just have to prove everyone wrong. This was not semperfi's time.

Getting ready:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgwBnqzUI-w

Ready set action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGGOw..._order&list=UL

Watch countrymans video his is better than mine.

I tried to pull him out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt_I7...der&playnext=1

No luck.

So he started digging:

His digging didn't do much so we had to call in a little back up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUFfx..._order&list=UL

We didn't think there would be much to the extraction once the excavator hooked up to him. We where wrong. Once country and myself stopped running for safety we started filming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELjDH..._order&list=UL

I hate we missed the best part of that. It was pretty awesome.

After I am guessing 2 hours he was out. Luckily we where right next to the bath house where they have water to wash your ides off with so we spent the next 30 minutes o so spraying off some of the mud.

I left out some good parts of the story. Especially the guy in the Chevy truck that thought he was going to get him out so easy. I will let countryman tell that story as he had a good conversation with him.
no 4wd in reverse? is it normal? mine do the same to.
Unread 09-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #24
countryman247
1979 CJ7 

His was/ is no 4wd at all ever
Unread 09-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #25
semperfi96
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo-Nemesis View Post
no 4wd in reverse? is it normal? mine do the same to.
No 4 wheel is broke, just figured wth Ill give it a shot.
Unread 09-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #26
countryman247
1979 CJ7 

Boy with all this rain we are gettin I bet your swamp/ pond is now a bonafide pond. Not a wamp now.
Unread 09-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #27
semperfi96
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryman247 View Post
Boy with all this rain we are gettin I bet your swamp/ pond is now a bonafide pond. Not a wamp now.

Yeah you know, if it would been that way yesterday I woulda just sat on the heep and fished!!!!!!
Unread 09-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #28
countryman247
1979 CJ7 

haha yea i woulda brought my pole too but i coulda got to better spot than you
Unread 09-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #29
1fastR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi96 View Post
Yeah you know, if it would been that way yesterday I woulda just sat on the heep and fished!!!!!!
Not a bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryman247 View Post
haha yea i woulda brought my pole too but i coulda got to better spot than you
1fastR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #30
1fastR
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Next time we go we need to take the time to get a few more pics. I didn't get a chance to take any of country. Only other pic I got other than the mud was this one.

1fastR is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.