Windrock Mid March - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > Windrock Mid March

The Cure for your Tie Rod Roll!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 02-09-2015, 06:41 AM   #1
Texas16

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Windrock Mid March

What's up Tennessee Jeepers,
I'll be spending Spring Break in Tennessee, so I've already got my eye on Windrock as that seems like the #1 place to go wheeling in the state. I've heard of a couple other places in TN too but Windrock will be just as close to where I'm staying more or less.

I want to head out there one day between March 15-18th. Anybody want to meet up with me at Windrock one of those days? I have an LJ Rubicon with stock suspension, so easy to moderate trails would be what I want to do.

Texas16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2015, 10:50 PM   #2
Texas16

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Bump! Windrock the week of March 15th!
Unread 02-20-2015, 08:52 PM   #3
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Check out knoxoffroad.com they do almost weekly rides up there.
Unread 02-20-2015, 08:58 PM   #4
cheftrail

2005 TJ Wrangler 

does anyone know the regulations on camping? do you have to stay in designated campgrounds or can you free range?
Unread 02-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #5
cheftrail

2005 TJ Wrangler 

C'mon tn jeepers, help me out! I live in the east side, just west of the smoky mountains, which by the way are unbelievable. But most of the land that I grew up wheeling is now private and covered by rental cabins. I would really like to hook up with the jeep community for more than parking lot rallies. Personally I ride some local trails on my own(i am a 5th generation local), but I wouldn't mind entertaining some middle Tennessee jeepers here on a weekend (lodging and food) for the same treatment out west. Im really interested in camping and fishing with my family, maybe on the Caney. Doesn't have to be Alaska remote, but I want my kids to feel it is that way.
Unread 02-22-2015, 02:22 PM   #6
cheftrail

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I think the southeast represents the "best, or favorite place to wheel", but dang these people are not sociable! It's not like I'm from Michigan! I say "hell far" and all that!
Unread 02-22-2015, 09:49 PM   #7
Texas16

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks PMC. Chef, I'm wondering where everyone's at too. Not feelin' the Tennessee love
Unread 02-22-2015, 09:57 PM   #8
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

A lot of the guys that wheel are either on knoxoffroad or get together on Facebook there's a few small clubs around that do wheeling trips pretty often. One of the local clubs off Facebook Tennessee offroad club or torc recently did a trip to coppengiers cove pretty decent place you can check it out on YouTube. Hope this helps if you want to hit up windrock tho deff check out knoxoffroad thats where a lot of the locals hang out.
Unread 02-22-2015, 10:12 PM   #9
cheftrail

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas16 View Post
Thanks PMC. Chef, I'm wondering where everyone's at too. Not feelin' the Tennessee love
it's amazing how things have changed in the past ten year around here! All the places we used to wheel are either abandoned or covered with "thrown together" rental cabins. The worst thing to happen to usable trails is to be neglected. I have looked on Winnrock's website and it does not appeal to me! Yes there are several places I can go to get my jeep dirty and test it's capability, but really there is no place to load the kid's up for a weekend and experience what my dad (RIP) shared with me. I realize that a lot of "public land" has been shut down due to abuse and frankly trashy people leaving their freaking trash behind, I see it all the time! These are the same people I see at the local Gas and Go in their neglected rigs buying cigs and lottery tickets with granny's money (wearing pajamas of course). Ok, I know this is not the correct Forum for me to rant Mr. Moderator, but if anyone near South East TN. wants to get together for a Family Friendly ride chime in!
Unread 03-01-2015, 07:35 PM   #10
motodude248
2002 WJ 

Hey everyone. I just moved to the Chattanooga area. Looking to do some easy to moderate trails in my WJ and do some camping. Anyone know of anything coming up soon?
motodude248 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2015, 12:19 AM   #11
Texas16

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hey man, at this point I'm up for any wheeling as long as it's within a reasonable drive from the Fall Creek Falls area. I'm not familiar with TN parks at all, I just heard that Windrock is pretty good.
Unread 03-02-2015, 12:33 AM   #12
Texas16

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just checked Tennessee Off Road Club on facebook and it looks like they're doing a Windrock ride March 14th-15th so I'm gonna try to make it out for that one.
Unread 03-03-2015, 08:50 AM   #13
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If you guys can keep an eye on the Facebook page and try to come out to one of the meets. It's always nice to see a new face at one.
Unread 03-03-2015, 08:58 AM   #14
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motodude248
Hey everyone. I just moved to the Chattanooga area. Looking to do some easy to moderate trails in my WJ and do some camping. Anyone know of anything coming up soon?
We do a lot of trail riding on forest trails and camping. I just bought a wj to build for the lighter trails. Also since you are in the Chattanooga area prentice cooper will be opening back up soon and big fork is right across the street. Lmk I'm up for some wheeling just about anytime.
Unread 03-08-2015, 07:23 PM   #15
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas16
I just checked Tennessee Off Road Club on facebook and it looks like they're doing a Windrock ride March 14th-15th so I'm gonna try to make it out for that one.
I may try to make this ride also if it doesn't rain to much.

Tags
march , tennessee , windrock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.