Windrock March 8th - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > Windrock March 8th

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
solarrubi06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Windrock March 8th

Planning on heading to the mountain sunday morning. Should be a nice ride if this weather forecast isnt a lie. Hopefully some of you guys have recovered enough from last sunday to join us.

solarrubi06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2009, 07:37 AM   #2
TellicoTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

if it was tues. or wednesday then I'd be able to make it.
2.5 Liter club memer #169-Red Jeep Club meber #491
Quote:
Originally posted by: Jeremy93yj To coax out the poop, try rocking back and forth. If that doesn't work, try rocking side to side. Hold your cheeks apart with your hands while you push and scream at the top of your lungs. I also like to put my feet up on the wall and push against the toilet. Another way is to sit on the pot, reach down and grip the bowl with both hands, and push against the floor with your feet.
TellicoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
crash070602
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm down. Just got winch, lights and CB installed. PM me if still interested
Unread 03-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
Beater37887
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'm still licking my wounds and trying to piece her back together. Got the new axles on order so I'm not going to be able to make it. Shooting to have it back together in time for the Spring Fling up there on April 25th.
Beater37887 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #5
Junglenut
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Im game. Please send tell if still running on sunday. If so what trail ratings are you running?
Junglenut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
solarrubi06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I think were planning one meeting in the parking lot around 9:30-10. We will prob do the usual 22,16,2, might give 15 a try depends on how muddy it is. Look for a blue tj on 33's, my yellow rubi on 33's, silver rubi on 35's, maybe a couple of others goin too.
Unread 03-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
tnjeep03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I might be up for a SHORT ride tomorrow (if I come i'd probably leave early). Definitely not into another 9am - 1am experience. LOL
tnjeep03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
solarrubi06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah we dont plan on it haha. Were gonna avoid trail 13/12 like the plague!
Unread 03-07-2009, 04:47 PM   #9
crash070602
1994 YJ Wrangler 

My brother and I went today. Went up 2 and then over to 3. Missed the turn on 3 and wound up on a dead end Difficult trail. Brothers jeep broke and we got stuck pretty good. Luckily 2 other jeeps showed up cause they missed the turn on 3 as well. (If you guys are on here, thanks again! you guys rock!) spent the afternoon winching and pulling each other out. Was fun. My first real trail ride and first time to windrock.

My brother is trying to get his up and running but lost his front bumper to my winch My jeep survived but bent the crap out of my trailer hitch ( my only rear tow point) Rear bumper coming soon I hope. I'd like to go again but will decide later depending on my bros jeep.

Not sure how far I would get on 16 with only a 4"RC ,31's, and a 4 banger.
Unread 03-07-2009, 04:56 PM   #10
Beater37887
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash070602 View Post
My brother and I went today. Went up 2 and then over to 3. Missed the turn on 3 and wound up on a dead end Difficult trail. Brothers jeep broke and we got stuck pretty good. Luckily 2 other jeeps showed up cause they missed the turn on 3 as well. (If you guys are on here, thanks again! you guys rock!) spent the afternoon winching and pulling each other out. Was fun. My first real trail ride and first time to windrock.

My brother is trying to get his up and running but lost his front bumper to my winch My jeep survived but bent the crap out of my trailer hitch ( my only rear tow point) Rear bumper coming soon I hope. I'd like to go again but will decide later depending on my bros jeep.

Not sure how far I would get on 16 with only a 4"RC ,31's, and a 4 banger.

Sounds like and adventure like we had last weekend Those dang trails that aren't marked will get you every time. I wish I could join you guys this weekend, its gonna be some nice weather and should be fun. You shouldn't have too much trouble on 16 with your setup. We had a couple of stock jeeps with us last weekend and they made it with very little problems and it won't be nearly as sloppy. Enjoy and let us know how it went.
Beater37887 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2009, 08:14 PM   #11
crash070602
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sounds like and adventure like we had last weekend
Yeah pretty much. We just got my bro's jeep fixed. We towed him off the trail, changed the starter solenoid, and it still didn't turn over.. Turned out was just a loose wire next to where the solenoid connects up by the firewall. Oh well.. on the road again.

He's still down a bumper but throwing some tow hooks on right now. Maybe we will make it out there tomorrow.
Unread 03-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #12
lylesvegas
1979 CJ7 

Heres a couple of videos of sunday.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3997Pbywoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_aXuFodsJA
lylesvegas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #13
crash070602
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like you all had some fun. What time did you hit the trail? My brother and I got there areound 9:55. Probably too late. We did 22 and came home to wrench on the jeeps some more. We have parts on order and hopefully get them this week.. I'd like to go back out next weekend.
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:39 AM   #14
tnjeep03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylesvegas View Post
Thanks for the video! These are actually from March 1, but windrock is windrock!
tnjeep03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #15
74CJMatlock
1974 CJ5 

Man it looks like you guys had a blast. Windrock is great when it's muddy. I hope I get to ride with you some day (soon).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.