Trails around Chattanooga - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > Trails around Chattanooga

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #76
outbackmatt

From what Ive seen it looks like a great ride.
I hope 31's will be enough tire to handle the rocks there. Are they much worse than the rocks at haleys cove creek crossing? Either way I'm ready to go if yall can keep up with a wj.

outbackmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #77
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Double post... sorry
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #78
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

In a "places to ride" thread... let's pause for a moment of silence to mourn for the loss of THE best trail in the Eastern US. Less than 2 hours away from Chattanooga... Little Buffalo was the most difficult continuous 10 miles of trail I have ever ridden. Impossible wet. Extremely difficult dry. We have run this trail in as short as 4 hours on a perfect day, and in as long at 16 hours on a rough day.
Every bit of the first several miles were very steep and rocky. A rockcrawlers paradise

Cant hurt anything now by posting a video. If you have a few minutes... this one is 17 minutes long. I was driving the olive green CJ7.

Unread 01-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #79
outbackmatt

Cant go there anymore?
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #80
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Nope. Crawl Magazine went there and did a story about it. The people who maintained the entrance roads privately at the bottom and top quickly grew tired of the increased amount of disrespectful traffic they got after everyone found out about it.

That's why we need to be careful these days about posting too much info on line about our favorite local trails.
Unread 01-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #81
outbackmatt

Yeah its hard to have a thread about trails around here without giving away too much info.
Unread 01-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #82
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackmatt View Post
From what Ive seen it looks like a great ride.
I found this map and was wondering if its accurate.
http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=609080

I hope 31's will be enough tire to handle the rocks there. Are they much worse than the rocks at haleys cove creek crossing? Either way I'm ready to go if yall can keep up with a wj.
Some of that map track you posted is the area.
Unread 01-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #83
outbackmatt

I wish everyone would remember to be respectful of land and land owners so we dont get these great places shut down. I took the map out of my post and if someone wants it they can pm.

So will a jeep with 31's survive up there on the easy/moderate trails? I'm thinking of prerunning this trail next wknd.
Unread 01-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #84
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Thumbs up

Quote:
I wish everyone would remember to be respectful of land and land owners so we dont get these great places shut down. I took the map out of my post and if someone wants it they can pm.

So will a jeep with 31's survive up there on the easy/moderate trails? I'm thinking of prerunning this trail next wknd.
When I went there was a th on 31s that went with us.hemade it everywhere we did...under his own power
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #85
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Like MudDuck said... you will be fine. The main trails aren't too bad. The hard stuff is off the main trails. If you have never been there, its easy to get lost or turned around though. I'd take a GPS and a full tank of gas.

Part of that map you posted is Prentice cooper. It's not connected to the Cove. You have to come off the mountain on the back side and go through the valley toward whitwell.
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #86
outbackmatt

Yeah I know the part leading off pc was haileys cove. While were talking about trails around here, when I ride pc its been mostly persimmon, haileys, a couple trails that lead to an over look towards chattanooga or wind around to the cemetary, incline loop and then at the very back are some trails a few miles long with another cliff over looking the tn river. I havent been on the trails that spur off haileys. They are usually closed for turkey nesting when I go.

Its a great place to enjoy the outdoors and feel relatively safe as nobody else I know has a 4x4 anymore. The trails are too easy but the scenery is amazing up there.
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #87
RatRodXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hey im in for the 23rd... My buddy lives on whitwell mtn with a shop so if we need we can utilize that too... Are yall thinking about camping?? Pm me the details please
RatRodXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #88
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRodXJ View Post
Hey im in for the 23rd... My buddy lives on whitwell mtn with a shop so if we need we can utilize that too... Are yall thinking about camping?? Pm me the details please
I think some might and some may not camp.

I know everyone has their own version of what makes a good wheeling trip... but this group going is part of my local club. Some of us bring our kids on these rides and campouts so the adult beverages stay at home. We just really dig wheeling... so that is why we are there.

Any of you guys are welcome to come. Just please respect that

RatRodXJ... I'll PM you the details when I have something more solid, but I think the plan right now is to meet at the Hardees in Whitwell Sat. Morning the 23rd.
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #89
outbackmatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
I know everyone has their own version of what makes a good wheeling trip... but this group going is part of my local club. Some of us bring our kids on these rides and campouts so the adult beverages stay at home. We just really dig wheeling... so that is why we are there.
Doesn't get any better than this. Like I said earlier I would enjoy going, probably will bring some of my family along to ride in the jeep. PM details when you know more. I look foward to meeting everyone.
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #90
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm in for the 23rd definitely. I forgot the wife got us tickets to see the Knoxville ice bears on the 9th so I will not be headed to windrock.
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.