Trails around Chattanooga - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > Trails around Chattanooga

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsEngo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 Lum

Unread 01-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #31
ratman21
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Is the plans still on for meeting tonight at 6:30

ratman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #32
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I was still planning on going
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #33
ratman21
2006 TJ Wrangler 

We'll be there
ratman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #34
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Me and my son will be there.
Unread 01-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #35
UNDEAD1153
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Wish I could make it. While trying to put the center console back in and working with the 4x4 and transmission selection, tranny gears grounded and there was a big pop. 4x4 seems to be screwed up and dad agrees that the tranny needs rebuilt. Anywhere in Chatt. y'all would recommend? And noob question but is the tranny and the 4x4 all hooked together?
UNDEAD1153 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #36
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDEAD1153 View Post
Wish I could make it. While trying to put the center console back in and working with the 4x4 and transmission selection, tranny gears grounded and there was a big pop. 4x4 seems to be screwed up and dad agrees that the tranny needs rebuilt. Anywhere in Chatt. y'all would recommend? And noob question but is the tranny and the 4x4 all hooked together?
The transfer case unbolts off the back of the tranny.
Unread 01-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #37
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

It was good meeting all you guys tonight. We need to do it again soon... or even better, get together and go ride.

Nice Jeeps too!
Unread 01-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #38
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yep deff nice meeting you guys and im always up for some wheeling!
Unread 01-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #39
UNDEAD1153
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcjeep View Post
The transfer case unbolts off the back of the tranny.
Soooo how screwed am I? Haha and I sure wish I coulda made it. I'm down for the next meet and greet whenever. I'll take my truck if it's fairly soon since the jeep will be in the shop. But no wheeling for a little bit it looks like.
Unread 01-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #40
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Soooo how screwed am I? Haha and I sure wish I coulda made it. I'm down for the next meet and greet whenever. I'll take my truck if it's fairly soon since the jeep will be in the shop. But no wheeling for a little bit it looks like.
Check transfer case shifter linkage under the jeep. I dont see how you could break the tranny by putting in the center console. Sounds to me like you just have something bound up.
Unread 01-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #41
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Check transfer case shifter linkage under the jeep. I dont see how you could break the tranny by putting in the center console. Sounds to me like you just have something bound up.

Or the T-Case shifter just isn't fully engaged in a detent. (Between gears)
Unread 01-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #42
UNDEAD1153
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah I don't either. And somethin is probably just bound up. We're gonna have someone look at it because I have no idea what I'm doing (obviously) and dad has never really worked on cars. He just builds houses haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Or the T-Case shifter just isn't fully engaged in a detent. (Between gears)
Anyway to get the gears back in line at home? (for a couple of idiots with no automotive background, but know how to use tools)
Unread 01-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #43
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah I don't either. And somethin is probably just bound up. We're gonna have someone look at it because I have no idea what I'm doing (obviously) and dad has never really worked on cars. He just builds houses haha.

Anyway to get the gears back in line at home? (for a couple of idiots with no automotive background, but know how to use tools)
Try to check the linkage to make sure the transfer case isnt in neutral or between a certain range. That could cause popping and grinding sounds.
Unread 01-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #44
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
It was good meeting all you guys tonight. We need to do it again soon... or even better, get together and go ride.
Nice Jeeps too!

Quote:
Yep deff nice meeting you guys and im always up for some wheeling!
sure was. some sharp jeeps. Im down for riding anytime
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #45
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well... for sure my trip to the Cove is a no go. If the river and creeks weren't full before... they are now.

Pretty much everywhere is going to be a slog since it's supposed to rain until Thursday.

May just hit the dirt forest roads around reliance and do a little camping to stay out of the mud.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.