Trails around Chattanooga - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > Trails around Chattanooga

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 01-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
UNDEAD1153
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Trails around Chattanooga

Whats up guys? I, as well as many others, are looking for new trails. Thought I'd start a new thread for people to share trails in the area and if you don't mind telling how to get to the trails. I know most don't have an address you can throw into a GPS but if you can describe it like Tom's did with the directions to their trails, that would be awesome!

(just kinda tell where you'd start from, maybe the exit you'd get off of coming from the interstate? And then tell how many miles or so till you make a turn or reach a place you can easily recognise, etc. )

Also, big fork is closed. Tickets are being issued. Just learned this tonight so stay away from there.

See y'all on the trails!

UNDEAD1153 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #2
jutgin
2013 JK Wrangler 

Tickets are being issued by who?
jutgin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
stu132u
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDEAD1153 View Post
Whats up guys? I, as well as many others, are looking for new trails. Thought I'd start a new thread for people to share trails in the area and if you don't mind telling how to get to the trails. I know most don't have an address you can throw into a GPS but if you can describe it like Tom's did with the directions to their trails, that would be awesome!

(just kinda tell where you'd start from, maybe the exit you'd get off of coming from the interstate? And then tell how many miles or so till you make a turn or reach a place you can easily recognise, etc. )

Also, big fork is closed. Tickets are being issued. Just learned this tonight so stay away from there.

See y'all on the trails!
Really like Prentice-Cooper west of Chatt when I lived up there. Some beautiful scenery up there! Couple of areas out by Appison, and some areas up 58 (?) by where J&J 4 wheel drive is that were a lot of fun. Also out 153 and up towards Crossville (Tennessee Scenic Highway) up by "Sodomy Daisy". I take it Tellico is still closed - thanks to the idiots that didn't 'police' themselves while enjoying some of the best jeeping in the South. Also some good areas (log roads) out by Ocoee.
stu132u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
UNDEAD1153
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutgin View Post
Tickets are being issued by who?
I was told the owner is a lawyer in Florida and don't want anyone riding on it right now. TWRA is writing the tickets. There are no trespassing signs everywhere up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu132u View Post
Really like Prentice-Cooper west of Chatt when I lived up there. Some beautiful scenery up there! Couple of areas out by Appison, and some areas up 58 (?) by where J&J 4 wheel drive is that were a lot of fun. Also out 153 and up towards Crossville (Tennessee Scenic Highway) up by "Sodomy Daisy". I take it Tellico is still closed - thanks to the idiots that didn't 'police' themselves while enjoying some of the best jeeping in the South. Also some good areas (log roads) out by Ocoee.
How exactly do you get to prentice cooper. Is it up on suck creek? And where at in appison? I live 5 minutes from the appison elementary.

Keep the discussion goin boys! Let's get a list of trails for everyone and help expand the hobby!
Unread 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I work in Apison. We will have to hook up some time. Honestly... I think listing all the trails here is a bad idea for our area. As soon as you show everyone a good trail, it gets over used then shut down. Keep local knowledge local by using pm's and phone calls.

The internet has shut down many good trails unfortunately. Pm me your number and I'll give you a call and tell you about a local jewel or two.
Unread 01-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #6
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

im just hop and a skip away from you guys. if you need a wheelin buddy or dont care to have a tag a long feel free to send me a PM
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #7
UNDEAD1153
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
I work in Apison. We will have to hook up some time. Honestly... I think listing all the trails here is a bad idea for our area. As soon as you show everyone a good trail, it gets over used then shut down. Keep local knowledge local by using pm's and phone calls.

The internet has shut down many good trails unfortunately. Pm me your number and I'll give you a call and tell you about a local jewel or two.
Will do. Never thought about that but it's unfortunately very true. But yeah, anytime y'all wanna go ride PM me. Definitely up for trail riding!

Bed lining the interior at the moment but I should be ready for the trails this weekend!

Also, Harvo, do you know who owns the green 1st gen Tacoma that looks like its been SAS'd? See it all the time driving by apison elementary. It's maybe 2-3 houses on the left from the first entrance to the school like you're heading towards apison, away from east brainered. Good lookin truck, but it's always parked.
Unread 01-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #8
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Will do. Never thought about that but it's unfortunately very true. But yeah, anytime y'all wanna go ride PM me. Definitely up for trail riding!

Bed lining the interior at the moment but I should be ready for the trails this weekend!

Also, Harvo, do you know who owns the green 1st gen Tacoma that looks like its been SAS'd? See it all the time driving by apison elementary. It's maybe 2-3 houses on the left from the first entrance to the school like you're heading towards apison, away from east brainered. Good lookin truck, but it's always parked.
Not familiar with that one. I'll look tomorrow. Ever hear of Tellico Tubes Off road Fab?
Unread 01-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #9
UNDEAD1153
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not familiar with that one. I'll look tomorrow. Ever hear of Tellico Tubes Off road Fab?
Alright. And I think so? Your company? Or the one you work for?
Also, any pics of the jeep?
Unread 01-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #10
UNDEAD1153
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Would anyone be up for a meet and greet this weekend or next? Maybe grab some food and talk trucks or somethin?
Unread 01-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #11
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Alright. And I think so? Your company? Or the one you work for?
Also, any pics of the jeep?
He's a friend of mine that does all my heavy fabrication.

Me and a group of 5 or 6 other rigs are going Riding Next Saturday near Whitwell. We are camping Sat night and coming back Sunday. We aren't drinkers and we will have some young kids on the ride, so If you are up to all that then you are welcome to come out.

Let me know and I'll PM you details... you too mud duck.

If not, then yes... I'd like to meet up with you guys to get to know more wheeling friends.
dsc05692.jpg  
Unread 01-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #12
UNDEAD1153
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
He's a friend of mine that does all my heavy fabrication.

Me and a group of 5 or 6 other rigs are going Riding Next Saturday near Whitwell. We are camping Sat night and coming back Sunday. We aren't drinkers and we will have some young kids on the ride, so If you are up to all that then you are welcome to come out.

Let me know and I'll PM you details... you too mud duck.

If not, then yes... I'd like to meet up with you guys to get to know more wheeling friends.
Heck yeah man! Good lookin jeep! And I'll let you know about the ride next weekend. But if y'all wanna grab food or somethin and have a meet and greet this weekend, I'm up for it.
Unread 01-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #13
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I may be up for a meet also if you guys decide to do sumthin.
Unread 01-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #14
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

There is a place here in Cleveland called Scoops and Burgers. The manager is a Jeep enthusiast and they do a Jeep night there once in a while (or at least they used to) We could meet up there possibly.

I'm no "old guy" but I'm a good bid more aged that you cats... so I'll have my wife and 8 y/o son with me. Hope ya'll don't care. He loves Jeeps.
Unread 01-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #15
UNDEAD1153
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
There is a place here in Cleveland called Scoops and Burgers. The manager is a Jeep enthusiast and they do a Jeep night there once in a while (or at least they used to) We could meet up there possibly.

I'm no "old guy" but I'm a good bid more aged that you cats... so I'll have my wife and 8 y/o son with me. Hope ya'll don't care. He loves Jeeps.
That would be awesome! And don't mind a bit if you or anyone else brings a wife, kid, parent, whatever. I'll probably end up having one of my buddies with me, the one who has helped me on most of the stuff I've done to the jeep. And anyway we could find out if they're still doin a jeep night?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.