JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Tennessee Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f328/)
-   -   Trails around Chattanooga (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f328/trails-around-chattanooga-1458107/)

UNDEAD1153 01-02-2013 11:27 PM

Trails around Chattanooga

Whats up guys? I, as well as many others, are looking for new trails. Thought I'd start a new thread for people to share trails in the area and if you don't mind telling how to get to the trails. I know most don't have an address you can throw into a GPS but if you can describe it like Tom's did with the directions to their trails, that would be awesome!

(just kinda tell where you'd start from, maybe the exit you'd get off of coming from the interstate? And then tell how many miles or so till you make a turn or reach a place you can easily recognise, etc. )

Also, big fork is closed. Tickets are being issued. Just learned this tonight so stay away from there.

See y'all on the trails!:wave:

jutgin 01-05-2013 06:09 PM

Tickets are being issued by who?

stu132u 01-05-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNDEAD1153 (Post 14719900)
Whats up guys? I, as well as many others, are looking for new trails. Thought I'd start a new thread for people to share trails in the area and if you don't mind telling how to get to the trails. I know most don't have an address you can throw into a GPS but if you can describe it like Tom's did with the directions to their trails, that would be awesome!

(just kinda tell where you'd start from, maybe the exit you'd get off of coming from the interstate? And then tell how many miles or so till you make a turn or reach a place you can easily recognise, etc. )

Also, big fork is closed. Tickets are being issued. Just learned this tonight so stay away from there.

See y'all on the trails!:wave:

Really like Prentice-Cooper west of Chatt when I lived up there. Some beautiful scenery up there! Couple of areas out by Appison, and some areas up 58 (?) by where J&J 4 wheel drive is that were a lot of fun. Also out 153 and up towards Crossville (Tennessee Scenic Highway) up by "Sodomy Daisy". I take it Tellico is still closed - thanks to the idiots that didn't 'police' themselves while enjoying some of the best jeeping in the South. Also some good areas (log roads) out by Ocoee.

UNDEAD1153 01-05-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jutgin (Post 14736386)
Tickets are being issued by who?

I was told the owner is a lawyer in Florida and don't want anyone riding on it right now. TWRA is writing the tickets. There are no trespassing signs everywhere up there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu132u (Post 14736425)
Really like Prentice-Cooper west of Chatt when I lived up there. Some beautiful scenery up there! Couple of areas out by Appison, and some areas up 58 (?) by where J&J 4 wheel drive is that were a lot of fun. Also out 153 and up towards Crossville (Tennessee Scenic Highway) up by "Sodomy Daisy". I take it Tellico is still closed - thanks to the idiots that didn't 'police' themselves while enjoying some of the best jeeping in the South. Also some good areas (log roads) out by Ocoee.

How exactly do you get to prentice cooper. Is it up on suck creek? And where at in appison? I live 5 minutes from the appison elementary.

Keep the discussion goin boys! Let's get a list of trails for everyone and help expand the hobby!

Harvo 01-07-2013 04:16 PM

I work in Apison. We will have to hook up some time. Honestly... I think listing all the trails here is a bad idea for our area. As soon as you show everyone a good trail, it gets over used then shut down. Keep local knowledge local by using pm's and phone calls.

The internet has shut down many good trails unfortunately. Pm me your number and I'll give you a call and tell you about a local jewel or two.:thumbsup:

MudDuck99 01-07-2013 05:45 PM

im just hop and a skip away from you guys. if you need a wheelin buddy or dont care to have a tag a long feel free to send me a PM

UNDEAD1153 01-07-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvo (Post 14748993)
I work in Apison. We will have to hook up some time. Honestly... I think listing all the trails here is a bad idea for our area. As soon as you show everyone a good trail, it gets over used then shut down. Keep local knowledge local by using pm's and phone calls.

The internet has shut down many good trails unfortunately. Pm me your number and I'll give you a call and tell you about a local jewel or two.:thumbsup:

Will do. Never thought about that but it's unfortunately very true. But yeah, anytime y'all wanna go ride PM me. Definitely up for trail riding!

Bed lining the interior at the moment but I should be ready for the trails this weekend!

Also, Harvo, do you know who owns the green 1st gen Tacoma that looks like its been SAS'd? See it all the time driving by apison elementary. It's maybe 2-3 houses on the left from the first entrance to the school like you're heading towards apison, away from east brainered. Good lookin truck, but it's always parked.

Harvo 01-07-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNDEAD1153 (Post 14749958)
Will do. Never thought about that but it's unfortunately very true. But yeah, anytime y'all wanna go ride PM me. Definitely up for trail riding!

Bed lining the interior at the moment but I should be ready for the trails this weekend!

Also, Harvo, do you know who owns the green 1st gen Tacoma that looks like its been SAS'd? See it all the time driving by apison elementary. It's maybe 2-3 houses on the left from the first entrance to the school like you're heading towards apison, away from east brainered. Good lookin truck, but it's always parked.

Not familiar with that one. I'll look tomorrow. Ever hear of Tellico Tubes Off road Fab?

UNDEAD1153 01-07-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvo (Post 14750134)
Not familiar with that one. I'll look tomorrow. Ever hear of Tellico Tubes Off road Fab?

Alright. And I think so? Your company? Or the one you work for?
Also, any pics of the jeep? :D

UNDEAD1153 01-07-2013 07:34 PM

Would anyone be up for a meet and greet this weekend or next? Maybe grab some food and talk trucks or somethin?

Harvo 01-07-2013 10:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by UNDEAD1153 (Post 14750231)
Alright. And I think so? Your company? Or the one you work for?
Also, any pics of the jeep? :D

He's a friend of mine that does all my heavy fabrication.

Me and a group of 5 or 6 other rigs are going Riding Next Saturday near Whitwell. We are camping Sat night and coming back Sunday. We aren't drinkers and we will have some young kids on the ride, so If you are up to all that then you are welcome to come out.

Let me know and I'll PM you details... you too mud duck. :thumbsup:

If not, then yes... I'd like to meet up with you guys to get to know more wheeling friends.

UNDEAD1153 01-08-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvo (Post 14751879)
He's a friend of mine that does all my heavy fabrication.

Me and a group of 5 or 6 other rigs are going Riding Next Saturday near Whitwell. We are camping Sat night and coming back Sunday. We aren't drinkers and we will have some young kids on the ride, so If you are up to all that then you are welcome to come out.

Let me know and I'll PM you details... you too mud duck. :thumbsup:

If not, then yes... I'd like to meet up with you guys to get to know more wheeling friends.

Heck yeah man! Good lookin jeep! And I'll let you know about the ride next weekend. But if y'all wanna grab food or somethin and have a meet and greet this weekend, I'm up for it.

pmcjeep 01-09-2013 05:25 PM

I may be up for a meet also if you guys decide to do sumthin.

Harvo 01-09-2013 07:52 PM

There is a place here in Cleveland called Scoops and Burgers. The manager is a Jeep enthusiast and they do a Jeep night there once in a while (or at least they used to) We could meet up there possibly.

I'm no "old guy" but I'm a good bid more aged that you cats... so I'll have my wife and 8 y/o son with me. Hope ya'll don't care. He loves Jeeps. :D

UNDEAD1153 01-09-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvo (Post 14763517)
There is a place here in Cleveland called Scoops and Burgers. The manager is a Jeep enthusiast and they do a Jeep night there once in a while (or at least they used to) We could meet up there possibly.

I'm no "old guy" but I'm a good bid more aged that you cats... so I'll have my wife and 8 y/o son with me. Hope ya'll don't care. He loves Jeeps. :D

That would be awesome! And don't mind a bit if you or anyone else brings a wife, kid, parent, whatever. I'll probably end up having one of my buddies with me, the one who has helped me on most of the stuff I've done to the jeep. And anyway we could find out if they're still doin a jeep night?

The time now is 01:40 PM.