Tennessee Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > Tennessee Thread

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdPoison Spyder JK LED Taillight Wiring Harness

Unread 02-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
UNDEAD1153
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Tennessee Thread

Have one of these on my Tacoma forum and it's a great way to get quick answers to questions others may know and meet people in your area. This is just for discussion, planning meets, posting photos from trail rides, and what not.

UNDEAD1153 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
UNDEAD1153
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Question I had is what would it take to swap a danna 44 into a 1999 TJ with a D35? How hard is it to find a linked D44 vs a Leaf sprung D44? Any help would be appreciated.
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDEAD1153 View Post
Question I had is what would it take to swap a danna 44 into a 1999 TJ with a D35? How hard is it to find a linked D44 vs a Leaf sprung D44? Any help would be appreciated.
One route would be to find a late 80's junkyard XJ dana44. I got mine for $90. Get lucky and you may not have to regear. Then buy a TJ mount kit and weld it on. You can search a little more and find junkyard ZJ brake caliper mounts and calipers, and have a rear 44 with disk brakes.

Another way to go is to find someone selling a Wrangler 44. Mounts are already there and bolts right up, but people usually want a lot for the ones they have.

The last way is to call Currie if you have the $$ to blow. I wish I could call them up and order a 44 front... but I'll be going the junkyard route for that too.
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
UNDEAD1153
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
One route would be to find a late 80's junkyard XJ dana44. I got mine for $90. Get lucky and you may not have to regear. Then buy a TJ mount kit and weld it on. You can search a little more and find junkyard ZJ brake caliper mounts and calipers, and have a rear 44 with disk brakes.

Another way to go is to find someone selling a Wrangler 44. Mounts are already there and bolts right up, but people usually want a lot for the ones they have.

The last way is to call Currie if you have the $$ to blow. I wish I could call them up and order a 44 front... but I'll be going the junkyard route for that too.
Thanks man! Looks like I'll be lookin through junkyards. $90 ain't bad at all. And like you said, might not even have to regear. How much does a TJ mount kit run? And is it a good bit of welding? Don't mind welding at all, just seeing what I'm getting myself into.
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #5
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDEAD1153 View Post
Thanks man! Looks like I'll be lookin through junkyards. $90 ain't bad at all. And like you said, might not even have to regear. How much does a TJ mount kit run? And is it a good bit of welding? Don't mind welding at all, just seeing what I'm getting myself into.
It looks like the price has gone up since I bought mine. Here is a link to just one brand. There are several.

http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/rub...ar-p-5005.html

Looking at ads on here... people are asking for between $800 and $1400 for their TJ dana 44s.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.