tennessee jeepers? - Page 12 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #166 of 177 Old 07-08-2011, 12:03 PM
rakkharder
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: clarksville
Posts: 2
If you head through dover up into LBL on the tenesse side theres a few good mudding trails, also turkey bay which is on the kentucky side of LBL isnt too bad. only problem is the trails are real narrow and theres a ton of 4wheelers and dirt bikes running around

rakkharder is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #167 of 177 Old 08-07-2011, 04:15 PM
djacobs28056
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Gastonia
Posts: 10
Not sure if you guys are keeping up with this thread, but in the earlier pages a few of you were talking about firetower road in Whitwell.

Can I get some more information on this area. I have been through there working on the pipeline right of way but was unable to ride any trails although I did make it down to the chapel (Is it still in use?)

Do you ask for permission from someone? Is it OK to camp/fish in the area and whatknot? Any issues with firearms? I have an NC CCP
djacobs28056 is offline  
post #168 of 177 Old 08-07-2011, 06:48 PM
94chb
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Whitwell
Posts: 1,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacobs28056 View Post
Not sure if you guys are keeping up with this thread, but in the earlier pages a few of you were talking about firetower road in Whitwell.

Can I get some more information on this area. I have been through there working on the pipeline right of way but was unable to ride any trails although I did make it down to the chapel (Is it still in use?)

Do you ask for permission from someone? Is it OK to camp/fish in the area and whatknot? Any issues with firearms? I have an NC CCP
yes the chapel is still in use. no permission required. you can camp/ fish all you want. no issues with fire amrs at all. Its really nice here. last year a few jeep members joined me on a nice trail ride through fire tower down to the chapel then out to tracy city. mud duck and another guy, cant remember his name. nobody bothers us here. we have tons of trails to ride.
94chb is offline  
post #169 of 177 Old 08-08-2011, 03:27 PM
1fastR
Registered User
 
1fastR's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ardmore, Tn.
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94chb View Post
yes the chapel is still in use. no permission required. you can camp/ fish all you want. no issues with fire amrs at all. Its really nice here. last year a few jeep members joined me on a nice trail ride through fire tower down to the chapel then out to tracy city. mud duck and another guy, cant remember his name. nobody bothers us here. we have tons of trails to ride.
Any more details on where this place is at? PM me if you had rather not say on out loud.
1fastR is offline  
post #170 of 177 Old 08-08-2011, 05:44 PM
94chb
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Whitwell
Posts: 1,936
Its on hwy 108 on whitwell mtn. Turn on fire tower road.
94chb is offline  
post #171 of 177 Old 08-10-2011, 01:51 AM
grapeape36
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Athens
Posts: 6
hey am in athens tn here working on a 99 tj doing a motor swap am about half way thru it. installed a 350 chevy with a th350 tranny running on 35's as soon as i get it done and all the bugs out of it will be looking for a trip to windrock

Grape
grapeape36 is offline  
post #172 of 177 Old 08-10-2011, 05:35 AM
94chb
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Whitwell
Posts: 1,936
Im riding this weekend in coppinger cove (sequatchie cove) . Possibly camping overnight. Anyone is more than welcome to come join the ride.
94chb is offline  
post #173 of 177 Old 08-28-2011, 12:56 PM
TNeustadt
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapeape36 View Post
hey am in athens tn here working on a 99 tj doing a motor swap am about half way thru it. installed a 350 chevy with a th350 tranny running on 35's as soon as i get it done and all the bugs out of it will be looking for a trip to windrock
Let me know when you head up there...I'll tag along.
TNeustadt is offline  
post #174 of 177 Old 08-31-2011, 02:11 PM
ruthole
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Savannah
Posts: 1,413
There's a good place out side savannah Tn called dry creek

94 yj, 4" RC lift 1" shackles, 33's interco M/T's, SRC front bumper, custom built rear bumper, cb, Hi-lift, D30 OX locker, 8.8 LSD,

Lone jeep club member #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSquy View Post
If parts aint flyin you aint tryin!
ruthole is offline  
post #175 of 177 Old 10-25-2011, 09:59 PM
2Bearms
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Thompsons Station
Posts: 9
Hey Im in middle TN, has anyone gone down Flat Creek in north Maury County? It is off of Rally Hill Road.
2Bearms is offline  
post #176 of 177 Old 10-26-2011, 09:18 AM
99blacktj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
i live in cleveland burt i like to ride at windrock and lewis chapel. There is a big ride at aetna this wknd. They have it every halloween with live bands and the whole kit and kaboodle. I will be there
99blacktj is offline  
post #177 of 177 Old 04-18-2013, 03:47 AM
Bojeepus
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chattanooga Tn
Posts: 499
hey any one know what happend to the tnvjc? websites down and been that way for months

sorry to did up an old thread but i figured that someone on here would know

95 YJ WRANGLER 2.5L
97 ZJ 5.2L ORVIS ED. GC
Bojeepus is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Coal Creek, Tennessee 04<TJ>renegade Tennessee Jeep Forum 9 02-11-2009 07:42 PM
Tennessee Mudding faxmachine Tennessee Jeep Forum 0 02-09-2009 01:12 PM
need a guide in tennessee taato Tennessee Jeep Forum 7 10-26-2008 05:10 PM
Middle Tennessee Meet II se-real Tennessee Jeep Forum 5 06-05-2008 10:53 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome