tennessee jeepers? - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > tennessee jeepers?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #151
JURKFASE
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendrix05 View Post
I live in Mt. Juliet out east of Nashville. I commute to Nashville in my Jeep daily. I have no Flares and drive all the time with no doors without side mirrors. Never have I had any problems. Lights will have to be covered on the road. We have 3 good ORV parks within 1 1/2 hrs.
i live in nashville, and work in hendersonville. where are the 3 ORV parks, and what are their names. just bought an 85 cj7 that i haven't had offroad yet. got an 83 wagoneer that i'd like to take out too.

JURKFASE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #152
N757QQ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I know Whoolies, Land between the lakes (LBL), and I am not sure of another within 1.5hrs, but about 5-6hrs out is an amazing little place called Wind Rock, or Coal Creek OHV.

PS, I am in Mount Juliet, work in the Belmont (15th av S) area of Nashville. I have been to the three places I mentioned above, but not lately, I needed tires, bought 35s, and still need to get my axles in, so I am limping around on crap axles when it rains, otherwise I am on 2 wheels.
Unread 06-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #153
JURKFASE
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N757QQ View Post
otherwise I am on 2 wheels.
what are you ridin'?
Unread 06-14-2010, 05:11 PM   #154
rubiconrich
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just joined TNVJC club so I'll have somebody to run trails with. Used to the jeep wave....everyone here knows me that wheels. We meet up on dirt every Friday night to wheel and party. Will touch base when I get there.
rubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2010, 05:22 PM   #155
N757QQ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JURKFASE View Post
what are you ridin'?
I normally ride my 08 Honda CBR600RR, but I just finished the conversion to a track only setup. Now I am riding a buddy of mines HD custom softail while he is deployed. I am not overly familiar with the Harley, but it is a softail, he & I put a lot of work into it, cutting fenders, modifying the tank, seat, and putting shoulder height 'ape hangers' on it.

It is not my style really though it is very cool, but I do enjoy a bit more relaxed posture while riding, and I think I could ride the thing about 1000 miles before I'd start getting really sore, versus about 300 on mine.
Unread 06-14-2010, 05:33 PM   #156
JURKFASE
1985 CJ7 

[QUOTE=N757QQ;9625714]I normally ride my 08 Honda CBR600RR, QUOTE]

well if you ever make it up by hendersonville, stop in to castle powersports. i run the parts department.
Unread 06-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #157
clrusty
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Man Castle Motorsports is about 10 mins from my house,,Im sure ive seen ya around and ya prob know my buddy ed, drives the yellow cj with the tube fenders and has tennessee offroad down the sides. come on man we are wheelin this sat. yall come on out with us.
clrusty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2010, 07:13 PM   #158
clrusty
1987 XJ Cherokee 

oh and Wooly's offroad
Wheeling in the country
Golden Mountain orv
Land between the lakes
are all within an hour to two away..
Unread 06-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #159
N757QQ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I completely forgot about Golden Mountain. Never been to wheelin'. Never heard of it, I guess I need to check it out. I stop by the castle every once in a while. If I am up that way anytime soon, I'll drop by. A couple girls I work with that ride bikes & own a rubi are frequenters of there I believe.

They drive a blue rubicon with 36"s on it. Otherwise it is stock, which I have talked to them about, but they are more into the look than the life.

And finally, I would love to do some wheelin', but I have a torn up Jeep at the moment. My tie rod looks like a black rainbow, my rear axle is just barely hanging on, and I am pretty sure that the pinion is about to fall out. It makes an awful noise when coasting, and under very little gas. I am going to try to get my 8.8 welded up. It has the 4.88s in it, as does my HPD30, I just need to weld the brackets. If I can find someone to knock it out before the weekend, I will be up for whatever.

Hope I can make the trip, but if not, I'll be ready next time I hope.
Unread 06-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #160
clrusty
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Ive never been to wheelin either, when you get the jeep fixed we will have to get my buddy to lead us around down there one day.
When ya get started on the jeep yell at us maybe we can give ya some extra hands.....
Unread 06-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #161
N757QQ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, sounds good.

I appreciate the offer for the help. I just might give you a yell. I hope to get it at least moving this Friday. We'll see what happens. I'll post back later in the week/weekend maybe we can plan something for a few weeks away.
Unread 06-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #162
clrusty
1987 XJ Cherokee 

we will have to get up and goin by the fall camp ride. Want to try and set something up for this fall to do some camping and give plenty of people lots of time to get things in order..im still tryin to do myself. maybe we could get us a good event going on and make it a big ride.
Unread 08-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #163
94chb
1989 YJ Wrangler 

ATTENTION ALL

we are having a big mud bog on labor day here in whitwell ,tn it starts at 10am until when ever FREE admission bring what ever you wanna drive and your chairs and coolers. address is 7885 hwy 28 whitwell,tn 37397, let me know if anyone has any questions. im taking my jeep and my big chevy truck, there will be 3 mud pits
94chb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2010, 05:43 PM   #164
jcoolahan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

New to Memphis, TN... looking for fellow Jeeps to explore the area with, PM me if around the area... tried getting in touch with Mid South Jeep Club, never got any replies from the officiers, figured it's no longer active
Unread 09-04-2010, 09:24 PM   #165
RustedWrangler
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94chb View Post
ATTENTION ALL

we are having a big mud bog on labor day here in whitwell ,tn it starts at 10am until when ever FREE admission bring what ever you wanna drive and your chairs and coolers. address is 7885 hwy 28 whitwell,tn 37397, let me know if anyone has any questions. im taking my jeep and my big chevy truck, there will be 3 mud pits

Stay away from this guy he is a thief. I bought a disc swap kit from him and he claimed to have sent it then, admitted he had not sent it. He offered a refund and has not provided that either. I have reported him to paypal, this site, his local police department in Whitwell TN and to the FBI as this was an interstate transaction. I have never had a problem like this with any of the forums or ebay transactions that I have had. If you have any transactions pending with him one way or the other get out now!!
RustedWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.