Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Sylva, Cullowhee, Caney Fork Area

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  XJ2JK 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I am going up to my moms place in WNC at the end of the month and wanted to know if there were any nice wheeling spots in that general area. Ive heard there may be some in Caney Fork (where my mom lives), but not sure where. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Asheville isnt too far, and I have heard of Hurricane Creek, is that open to anyone? Ill be up there from Fl for a week and wanted to break in the JK. :2thumbsup:

#2 ·
Caney Fork - Turn left out of Campus like you are going up 107 to Cashiers. After the park in Cullowhee turn left on Caney Fork Rd and drive it all the way to the end. The trail head begins and goes all the way up to the parkway.

Moses Creek - Same directions except when you are on Caney Fork Rd you will turn left on Moses Creek Rd and the road turns to a dirt rd and the trails are up ahead.

Theres also a big mudhole at the top of Locust Creek Rd. which is off old cullowhee rd. There used to be a trail that ran to the top of Locust Creek but Im not sure if it is still there or not.

Just no poaching up there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.