some questions about coal creek in tn - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > some questions about coal creek in tn

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
skipwheat
2005 LJ Wrangler 

some questions about coal creek in tn

hello all i was doing some internet surfing here and came across this place i was wondering what every one thinks of it.

i am planning on trying to make it out there during the first 2 weeks of march or so when i am home on leave and was wonderng if anyone could give me some insight about it and the trails out there.

thanks in advance.
tim

skipwheat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
tnjeep03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

What you wanting to know? There are alot of trails ranging from gravel roads to extreme. I personally think its a pretty fun place to go. You could easily kill a few days at windrock and never hit the same trails twice.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f58/w...l-ride-799443/
and a few more I can't find right now...

All from Windrock:

Check out these threads for some pictures from recent trips.
tnjeep03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2009, 11:20 PM   #3
skipwheat
2005 LJ Wrangler 

my biggest questions are
1: whats the weather usually like around there in early march

2: how are the camp grounds

3: is anyone interested in going sometime during the first 2 weeks of march not exactly sure when just know itll be sometime during those first 2 weeks
Unread 11-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #4
tnjeep03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipwheat View Post
my biggest questions are
1: whats the weather usually like around there in early march

Avg high: 52 Avg low: 34 (from wunderground) Can rain anytime of the year here. It will probably be muddy but all depends.

2: how are the camp grounds

There are two campgrounds very close to windrock, since I'm local I haven't stayed at them. Maybe someone else can say what they are like.

windrock
Home

3: is anyone interested in going sometime during the first 2 weeks of march not exactly sure when just know itll be sometime during those first 2 weeks

There are alot of windrock rides here on jeepforum and local clubs so im sure you could find someone willing to go.
tnjeep03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #5
98VolsTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Windrock is an awesome place to go. Great trails, people, jeeps and amazing views everywhere you look.
98VolsTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 07:03 PM   #6
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

windrock is an awesome place to ride. You will not get bored there, tons of trails. as for a trip in early march: I'm DTR.
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #7
skipwheat
2005 LJ Wrangler 

thanks for all the help/ advice guys.

once it gets closer and i have confirmed leave dates i will confirm with the fam that they dont mind going out there for a few days maybe make a long weekend out of it.

thanks again
-tim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.