Short video of Big Fork, Signal Mountain, TN - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > Short video of Big Fork, Signal Mountain, TN

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 09-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
DavidWebb
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Short video of Big Fork, Signal Mountain, TN

Here is a short video of our day at Big Fork. There are alot of rocks!!!! We had a ball. But, next time, we'll know to take someone else or a group with us. Got kinda hairy a couple of times. This video is of some smaller rocks that didn't prove to be to much trouble. The sway bars are still connected and no lockers.
YouTube - IMG 0053

DavidWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #2
xjmarc
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Used to ride there all the time. Love the waterfall and Vauhn and of course the ledges on the left at the playground.
Unread 09-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
HHI-Dave
2000 TJ Wrangler 

My father lives in Signal Mountain. Guess I need to go for a visit.
HHI-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
DavidWebb
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHI-Dave View Post
My father lives in Signal Mountain. Guess I need to go for a visit.
If you head this way, give me a call or email. The video doesn't do Big Fork justice. From expert (well, what I would consider expert) to moderate. There are a ton of rocks, some mud and, of course, alot of good ole boy beer cans and bottles. Don't know why they can't take it with them when they leave.

If you're bad to leave your trash behind, don't ***** when they close your trail down.
Unread 09-13-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
DavidWebb
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjmarc View Post
Used to ride there all the time. Love the waterfall and Vauhn and of course the ledges on the left at the playground.
Waterfall???? Didn't see the waterfall. As dry as it's been, prolly dried up. Was hard pressed to find any mud.
And didn't meet Vauhn either.
Unread 09-13-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
xjmarc
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Vauhn is a ledge on the creekbed that goes up by the playground and the waterfall is a ways on back and a bunch of ledges that you can't see the top from the bottom. It's near door dinger.
Unread 09-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
DavidWebb
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjmarc View Post
Vauhn is a ledge on the creekbed that goes up by the playground and the waterfall is a ways on back and a bunch of ledges that you can't see the top from the bottom. It's near door dinger.
Nice names, now if I can just get someone to show us where they are. And I still haven't seen a creek. Saw a creek bed, looked like it hadn't had water in a couple years.
When we go in, we go between the two big houses. The other end is all but closed. Looks like they're digging a quarry. But all the trails are still open for now.
Unread 09-15-2010, 01:25 AM   #8
HHI-Dave
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
If you head this way, give me a call or email.
Definitely.

Sweet YJ.
HHI-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 01:30 AM   #9
TellicoTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I wheel up there atleast once a month. Love it. Had plenty of close calls but its somewhat local and easy depending on the lines.
2.5 Liter club memer #169-Red Jeep Club meber #491
Quote:
Originally posted by: Jeremy93yj To coax out the poop, try rocking back and forth. If that doesn't work, try rocking side to side. Hold your cheeks apart with your hands while you push and scream at the top of your lungs. I also like to put my feet up on the wall and push against the toilet. Another way is to sit on the pot, reach down and grip the bowl with both hands, and push against the floor with your feet.
TellicoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #10
DavidWebb
1999 XJ Cherokee 

We have been going up on Sundays. Either there or Edwards Point. Edwards is pretty easy but has some beautiful overlooks. A couple decent holes and a few rocks. It's just shorter than going to Aetna. Really been wanting to go to Soddy Mountain.
Unread 09-15-2010, 06:44 PM   #11
xjmarc
1997 XJ Cherokee 

We usually go in on the Suck Creek side because I don't like having to drive past all of Signal Mountain's finest. Once I get mine back together, hopefully in about 2 weeks, we are planning a trip up there with some of the locals and I'll let you know so you can see some of the big rocks and hidden lines.
Unread 09-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #12
DavidWebb
1999 XJ Cherokee 

We have went in on that side too. But now they have alot of it gated off, looks like a quarry. And we will be in PA in 2 weeks.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.