Roll call for East TN'ers! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > Roll call for East TN'ers!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-03-2009, 10:20 AM   #16
solarrubi06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

most of the rigs that i saw on the et4wd site were pretty built so i would be one of the little guys

solarrubi06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #17
Sporer65
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnjeep03 View Post
I think noflacko is on to something here. I've been trying to get down to a co-jo event but we need something closer for the Knoxville/UT crowd. I've met/chatted with quite a few people around here who aren't in a club. I'm not quite ready for the "you have to come to every meeting" type thing, but having a semi-regular meetup for tech talk/trail ride planning would be nice. Any thoughts?

Edit: I'd be willing to do some of the coodiation here if you all have suggestions, but being somewhat new to jeeps my contribution wouldn't be as "jeep expert"
I'm originally from GA and am a member of a club there, GA Trail Riders. I think it is a really well formatted club. It's free and the only requirements are safety items like fire extinguisher, tow hooks, spare tire, etc. Then you have a member(s) coordinate trail rides and try to go once a month. If you can get a website up and going, its pretty easy for people to stay up to date and organized.

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8: Rear Aussie, 3.5" Lift, 31" M/Ts

GA Trail Riders
Sporer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2009, 01:53 AM   #18
QuickSilverCon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I am one of those little guys in the club- everyone is really good about not pressuring you into doing more than you are ready for and it is fun to watch the big boys on 44s go at the tough obstacles.

There is also a YJ on 33"s and another TJ on 33"s
as long as you have at least one good locker (and you have two) and drive with your head you will have a great time and can learn a lot from the guys and gals in the club
QuickSilverCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #19
tnjeep03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hmmm, well if I joined et4wd their smallest rig would be sitting on 31s... Don't get me wrong, I was pretty impressed with how my stock rubi did with a novice driver. It went up the 15 trailhead and little mule at windrock (when it was dry). But some of the their rides are a bit out of my reach. Also not everyone has lockers.

What I'm suggesting seems more like an "in addition to what you do now" kind of thing. I imagine I will keep riding with some guys I've met on other forums (ROF TNVJC and COJO someday...) and such, but it would be cool to know who's close. I guess what I'm getting at is more of a meet and greet, that might become semi-regular.
tnjeep03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #20
solarrubi06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well im very interested in joining et4wd. How do i go about it just show up to one the meetings or one of the rides? The meet-n-greets sound like a good idea also. I would be down for some monthly rides.
Unread 01-05-2009, 10:10 AM   #21
tnjeep03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

OK, it seems like there is some interest here. Any thoughts on a place to meet in/around Knoxville?

Also any interest in a Windrock ride this weekend? Turner messaged me that he might be up there so potential for meeting up with them also. If so I'll move the ride to a new thread.
Unread 01-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #22
solarrubi06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Count me in if im not workin
Unread 01-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #23
brandon f.

hey guys i live in kingston, and ride windrock quite a bit. i'd be interested in meeting up and riding sometime. i'll keep an eye on this thread and see if you guys come up with anything.

brandon
brandon f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #24
QuickSilverCon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i might be interested in doing windrock this weekend.
but I would I don't think I will have my belly up done by then.
Unread 01-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #25
ratster
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnjeep03 View Post
Hmmm, well if I joined et4wd their smallest rig would be sitting on 31s... Don't get me wrong, I was pretty impressed with how my stock rubi did with a novice driver. It went up the 15 trailhead and little mule at windrock (when it was dry). But some of the their rides are a bit out of my reach. Also not everyone has lockers.

What I'm suggesting seems more like an "in addition to what you do now" kind of thing. I imagine I will keep riding with some guys I've met on other forums (ROF TNVJC and COJO someday...) and such, but it would be cool to know who's close. I guess what I'm getting at is more of a meet and greet, that might become semi-regular.
Nothing has been done that was outta your reach.You just didn't want to scratch it
I'm up for another ride whenever you wanna go.Well,any Sunday.
BTW you know they r talkin bout a ride to Royal Blue
et4wd must be a pretty decent club they have been around for quite a while now.
Ready to do that BL yet?
ratster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #26
tnjeep03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'll risk gettin this tread off topic ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratster View Post
Nothing has been done that was outta your reach.You just didn't want to scratch it
Well, I am a bit conservative by nature... although the closest I got to a scratch was when u almost backed into me avoiding that rock

Quote:
I'm up for another ride whenever you wanna go.Well,any Sunday.
BTW you know they r talkin bout a ride to Royal Blue
Yea, just saw that - I'm pretty certain I can go. As Matt said - I don't do anything except sit in my office all day - LOL

Quote:
Ready to do that BL yet?
Did it last weekend with Dwight - made for a fun day, and this from someone who never had any interest in workin on a car - but my jeep changed all that -

But back to topic ...

If we get a group together this weekend works for me. If the Royal Blue thing gets moved later I'm up for Windrock next weekend also. Just depends on what works best for people. Of course any trip should be followed by a visit to the China buffet !
Unread 01-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #27
QuickSilverCon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

et4wd is doing windrock saturday the 17th

but I would love to ride royal blue or do another windrock run this month if anyone else is up for one
Unread 01-09-2009, 08:37 AM   #28
tnjeep03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like there are plenty of wheeling options in the next few weekends for everyone. Keep it coming - we'll get some kind of meet and greet up soon.
Unread 01-14-2009, 08:39 AM   #29
72RatCamaro
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I live in sevierville and just got my wrangler. I have access to over 600 acres of property spread out in the mountains. Let me know when yall want to go and we can figure something out. I am game this saterday and we will have the FJ65 with a winch to pull us out if need be.

Sidenote for you UT students Have you seen the Black FJ40 on Black wheels? Gahhh freaking sexy truck
72RatCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #30
QuickSilverCon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

^^^I see a black FJ cruiser on blackrims, its all black out but the guy looks like a tool

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.