Relo to Nashville - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > Relo to Nashville

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 11-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Relo to Nashville

Hello guys and gals,

Family is headed to the Nashville area in 3 weeks. Thought I'd say hello..
Any tips on areas to look into and/or avoid? We're wanting 10 (minimum) acres - preferably 20 or more, no more than 30-35 miles from downtown (My office just relocated smack in the middle of town.. yay)..

Any regular meets for lunch/dinner, local trails, etc? I've read the last 4-5 months of posts here - are there better forums for the area that I should be reading/introducing myself to?

Thanks!

Shep

2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

[QUOTE=bhoch]...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DeansWings]Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.[/QUOTE]
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
aussie1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

become a member of tnjeeps.com, we do recent trailrides everywhere and always put together meet n greets. Nothing but good people at tnjeeps.
Way of Life!
aussie1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
aussie1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I live in Mt.Juliet , Tn just 10-12 miles east of Nashville and it is considered on of the most desirable places to live. No crime, growing areas that are kid friendly. I would really consider the area over 99% of surrounding towns. That opinion is not biased either. Stay away from Murfreesboro (college town, too much crime) Antioch, Hickory Hollow, Clarksville, Smyrna, or any areas surrounding those towns they are gross and you will regret moving any where around them. Franklin and Brentwood are great but way over priced and don't get a lot for you money especially if you want acreage. Mt.Juliet and Lebanon are great priced country areas with everything you need close by. Wilson county has great schools and the system is great, especially the athletics program are top notch. You would not regret it if you lived in MJ, Lebanon or one of the close neighborhood areas. Providence in MJ is great and has all the shopping you need. Opry Mills mall is about 15 minutes away at most and is awesome. And the best of all, it is located between 2 huge lakes that are always great. anywhere in MJ can reach a lake within 5 miles.
Way of Life!
aussie1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #4
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Thanks for the detailed response.
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

[QUOTE=bhoch]...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DeansWings]Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.[/QUOTE]
Unread 11-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
adavis39
2002 WJ 

another TNJEEPS.com guy here. and yes, for what your lookign for, MT. juliet is an excellent area. on the other side of town is where I live (bellevue) west nashville. once you head this side of town you can get into some farm land as well.
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome, I also live in Mt. Juliet. Also a TNJeeps.com member.

MJ is a great up and coming area. Lots of Future growth planned and in process.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
jeepbus
2013 JK Wrangler 

A little late to reply looks like they steered you in the right direction. Love the Diesel WK by the way
Unread 12-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #8
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Hey JB. Thanks for the welcome. I need a sticker so I can plag tag. Read thru that thread and it looks like fun.

Are you going out to the jeeps and wrenches this weekend?

Unread 01-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #9
mrese
1999 WJ 

Hope you settled in to Nashville!! Another site is ITSAJEEP.ORG bunch of people from all over TN area and KY they go up to Land Between the Lakes frequently also Clarksville OffRoad Club and Clarksville Crawlers.
'99 WJ Limited 4.7 K&N Filter CB 3" IRO
302, 000 miles
mrese is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #10
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard of either of those groups - definitely want to hit LBTL this spring, and one of the houses we're touring this weekend is out near Clarksville, so both might be good to check into.
We aren't settled yet - guess we're too picky on what we're looking for house-wise.
Temp housing got old about 4 days in, and that was two months ago.

Unread 01-31-2013, 08:19 AM   #11
mrese
1999 WJ 

If you keep am eye on ITSAJEEP we have a Forest Service Rep that post when Turkey Bay is open, today its closed due to the rain.
http://www.itsajeep.org/vBulletin/sh...ad.php?t=20717
Depending on where you work, 24 getting into nashville just plain sucks. I think TDOT has done a terrible job staying up with traffic patterns. You have 1 lane of traffic going into nashville where 24 and 65 come together. ABOLUTLY INSANE.
'99 WJ Limited 4.7 K&N Filter CB 3" IRO
302, 000 miles
mrese is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:45 AM   #12
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Yup. I've heard 24 sucks from both sides. The house out that way didn't pan out. We're looking at one in Lebanon now - it doesn't come with 45 acres of hills and OHV trails already built in, though.

I saw the post from the rep - pretty cool of him to do that! My schedule right now is insane and my MTs are stuffed in storage with my rock sliders and 4" lift kit.. House and garage come first, then I'll start watching for chances to take off

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.