New to Tennessee - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > New to Tennessee

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #46
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good im normally home by 4 during the week. Just give me a call. I have that steering stabilizer for you also.

Unread 03-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #47
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

Mj

Really eyeing that 4.5 Zone kit.
Unread 03-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #48
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

So I bought the Zone 4.5 kit, I have it all laid out in my basement for paint. i am putting Krylon's Pumpkin Orange in the shocks, steering stabilizer, lower (BEEF) control arms, shackles coil springs, trans case lowering blocks and sway bar links. I am going to order the orange braided brake lines from Quadratec to match the paint. When I take the zxles off, i am going to paint them and other components with black Rustoleum appliance Enamel. As soon as I can find a set of 33's or 35's I will start the install. Until then, I will be spraying PB Blaster on all the bolts that need to come off for the install. I think with some help I can install this kit. I spent a couple hundred on tools from taxes, so I am set there until I need something like a specialty tool.
Unread 03-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #49
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

Kit is painted up and I am going to get some 35's in a little while. pmcjeep, wanna help wrench? When is good for you?
Unread 03-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #50
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yep i should be able to help out as long as im off work. Are you going to get new rims also?
Unread 03-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #51
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

Mj

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcjeep View Post
Yep i should be able to help out as long as im off work. Are you going to get new rims also?
I wasn't planning on it, only because if these will work, I will run them. But if the backspacing is off, I may need too. I was thinking about mounting one tire and using that for fitment and checking the backspacing. We shall see I guess. I wouldn't mind a nice set of aluminum rims from a Cherokee or something, just not sure what exactly will fit. Most Jeep rims should, but I think there are one or 2 models that don't. Also, I have discovered in looking around there are a ton of pair and trios of tires and rims, few sets lol/

Also, were you in Athens the other day? I think I saw you, and I was like, damn that's a nice Jeep and then realized it was you
Unread 03-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #52
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I would say if you run them on a stock set of rims you may need a set of spacers or adapters to get the bs you need.

I think i rode up that way cant remember what day tho. Lol
Unread 04-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #53
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

All right, lift is in, all I really need to do is bleed the brakes and check the alignment, and It should be good to go. pmcjeep told me how to make some trick sway bar disconnects, I got 2 non threaded hitch pins (probably not the right name) and drilled out the bolt holes on the axle to 5/8ths, they slid right in, and I use the flip style pins to hold it in place. I shall post a pic.

Yes, I know the bolt is missing form the stbilizer, I am heading to lowes after breakfast to get the right bolt. That ride will be my test run.
Unread 04-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #54
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

Runs just as ****ty as it always has! I am satisfied for the moment

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.