New to Tennessee - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > New to Tennessee

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 03-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #31
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

We have made it to our house in Athens. This is the first time ive been able to get online. Im sitting in front of lowes using their wifi. Ive seen some nice rigs but I havent had my comanche out yet. Looking for a job tomorrow and getting my license and heading to the pistol store. Picked athens becauuse it was one of the only places we could find a house to rent. I am down to have beer and a fire soon. Bring your rigs!

Unread 03-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #32
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm off all next weekend. It's supposed to be mid 60's too. Glad you had a safe trip. What kind of pistol are you looking for? A good place to check out is Fugates on Highway 11 in Calhoun.. If you need anything or have any questions give me a shout. 423-464-1476
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 02:40 AM   #33
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTrailrider View Post
We have made it to our house in Athens. This is the first time ive been able to get online. Im sitting in front of lowes using their wifi. Ive seen some nice rigs but I havent had my comanche out yet. Looking for a job tomorrow and getting my license and heading to the pistol store. Picked athens becauuse it was one of the only places we could find a house to rent. I am down to have beer and a fire soon. Bring your rigs!
If you get stuck looking for a job peytons in cleveland off the last exit is always hiring and would hold you over until you could find something better. Just let us know im up for a good fire!
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #34
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

I need to find a guy who can fix my comanche good. I got the death wobble and its really going to hamper me driving around. Any shops, or if someone can drive my jeep and diagnose and fix it, ill pay you
Unread 03-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #35
Harvo
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I need to find a guy who can fix my comanche good. I got the death wobble and its really going to hamper me driving around. Any shops, or if someone can drive my jeep and diagnose and fix it, ill pay you
Have you got adjustable lower control arms in front? Are all your TREs in good shape? Caster is usually the leading cause of Death Wobble.
Unread 03-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #36
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

Everything is stock, but I would lile to pick up a lift with new control arms, new tre and I think I need a new track bar. Id like a shop to do it so I can concentrate on work. Any reco endations on a shop near athens?
Unread 03-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #37
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

im not sure any are near Athens. Top Gun Customz is in Alcoa. I've used Ringgold Offroad in ringold,ga before. Very happy. There is also Toms in chattanooga that is pretty well known.
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #38
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Everything is stock, but I would lile to pick up a lift with new control arms, new tre and I think I need a new track bar. Id like a shop to do it so I can concentrate on work. Any reco endations on a shop near athens?
How big of a lift are you thinking about doing? Also i have a good stock trackbar and a adjustable one i could give you deal on if interested.
Unread 03-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #39
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

Looking to get the Rubicon express 3"kit. I do need an adjustable track bar. I was going to order one but if yours will work I will buy it off of you.I also am going to order a new drag link and new tres, and longer brake lines. I need to find tires too. I wamt it all done at once and I dont want to have to mess with it again.
Unread 03-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #40
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Look into the v8 grand cherokee tierod bar upgrade that way you can get a stronger tierod bar while your at it. My buddy had wobble out of his and he went threw jcwhitney ordered the crown draglink with v8 tierod bar to fix his.
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #41
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

I will look into it. I crawled under the , amche and notice the bottom of the panhard bar moves just a touch, and the drivers side tre was loose. I just went and bought an air compressor and I am gonna tighten it all up and see what happens
Unread 03-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #42
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Nice meeting you!
Unread 03-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #43
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

You too, bud. I got the tie rod cleaned and in, im going to do the track bar when it stops raining. Im going to order the new draglink amd get it aligned after I get that
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #44
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good theres a guy in cleveland that does cheap alignments but idk if you would save much by driving from athens. You could also look up how to do a home alignment on it. Its really easy on these things.
Unread 03-15-2013, 07:36 AM   #45
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

Yeah so turns out I didn't need an alignment, even with the new parts. One of the BFGs in front had a busted belt. I had been barely able to drive it so I couldn't diagnose it. But the guy on Congress Prkwy slapped a new tire on the front right and she'll do 55 now, smooth enough for a Jeep anyway. Meanwhile I found a set of 32x11.5x15 BFGs for $900. way to much but they looked great.

Chris, next time you get some free time I could come up and we can figure out exactly what to order for a lift. I will be getting out of work by 3-4 pm most days

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.