Need Help in Pigeon Forge Area. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > Need Help in Pigeon Forge Area.

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-20-2009, 08:17 AM   #1
72RatCamaro
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Need Help in Pigeon Forge Area.

So it snowed last night so I went to play on a trail to a fire tower in my yj on bald 31s but figured its not a bad trail (2WD most of the time usually) so it will be fine. I figured wrong and now my jeep is stuck. I had to leave it last night and wont be able to mess with it until after work today in all likelyhood. It is teetering off the edge of a cliff and I am just trying to figure out the best way to recover it. My friend has a Rubi on 37s with a winch but I am worried about him sliding into me. What do you think? Oh and its on private property that isnt mine but have never seen anyone who owns it and we have looked.

72RatCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2009, 09:09 AM   #2
Turner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well buddy you are between a rock and a hard place... My first advice would be to never ever ever wheel on private property. Second would be to never wheel alone.

Now to address your jeep. Hook a strap from the frame of your jeep to a tree on the high side of the mountain so it doesn't slide off the cliff. Have the rubi hook a strap from the back of his jeep to a tree so he doesn't slid forward. Then winch out. Good luck and let it be a learning leason. You are more than welcome to join us on rides. We go at least twice a month usually.
1970 Ford Bronco302, dana 30, 9", 3 on the tree, show stopper.
Turner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #3
72RatCamaro
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I wasnt alone last night we had a cherokee with us and they were behind and couldnt get around me to do anything so I left it hoping the snow would let off today with no luck there. I am gonna prob wait til midday to try and do anything
Unread 01-20-2009, 09:45 AM   #4
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

you still stuck? I can get there in about an hour
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
72RatCamaro
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I am stuck at work lol I havent had an opportunity to get back up to it to check it out. Probably wont until about 4. But yea its still stuck lol
Unread 01-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #6
solarrubi06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Let me know if you get it out or not. I may be able to help.
solarrubi06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
72RatCamaro
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Well my friend tried to get up to it and couldnt even get close due to snow and ICE he says he could have hossed it up the trail but wouldnt have been able to get down. The weather is supposed to warm up tommorow hopefully I will be able to just drive out of it when the weather gets warm.....hopefully......
Unread 01-22-2009, 07:20 AM   #8
72RatCamaro
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hopefully I can get this thing out today. lol left it sitting for 4 days hope it starts. Will post pics though to give yuo an Idea of what happened.
Unread 01-22-2009, 07:29 AM   #9
A2SuperCrew
2000 TJ Wrangler 

It stinks having to leave your rig in the woods. Years ago I buried my old '97 Expedition up to the frame in mud, and had to leave it out there overnight. It's a terrible feeling!

Good luck!
Unread 01-22-2009, 08:36 AM   #10
72RatCamaro
1995 YJ Wrangler 

yea its not the first time I have had to leave a rig out. I left a brand new 50k truck sitting in mud up to the frame bout 2 years ago. Didnt worry near as much about it.
Unread 01-23-2009, 11:46 PM   #11
Turner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

any progress?
1970 Ford Bronco302, dana 30, 9", 3 on the tree, show stopper.
Turner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #12
Jon00XJ

I cant pull you out but i sure will come and watch!
Jon00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #13
A2SuperCrew
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The suspense is killing me! I hope it's going well!
Unread 01-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #14
72RatCamaro
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry for the delay been busy wheeling lol we got it out on thursday. Just as I figured the ice melted and I simply put it in 1 low and let her idle down the rest of the snow. Then went back and wheeled the fire out of the trails I was stuck on lol. I need my 33s now
Unread 01-26-2009, 05:38 PM   #15
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

so you got stuck on private lands and then went back and got your rig and kept on wheeling on private land?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.