Moving to Tennessee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > Moving to Tennessee

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-11-2013, 03:18 AM   #1
Restruction
2000 WJ 

Moving to Tennessee

Hi all, I'm moving to Tennessee at the end of March. I love anything Jeep and anything Car Audio. I just want to get to know anyone in Tennessee and make friends with people. I have never worked on any of my 3 Jeeps but I have off roaded all 3 of my Jeeps and they were all stock. But I suck at off roading and I would love to learn more about it and get some hands on experience. If you want to get to know me and want to chill with me once I move down that would be awesome, As I do not know anyone from Tennessee yet. I am moving to the 38401 Area or Columbia Tennessee. Is there another site that's dedicated to off roading and or jeeps that I should introduce my self to? My name is Tim.

Thank you.

Restruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Welcome to the greatest state in the SOUTH!! check us out @ TNJEEPS.com. Its a great group with people from all over the state but most of us are in the middle tennessee area with several guys living in Columbia (you will be only minutes away from two great offroad parks). If you wanna learn to work on your jeeps as well, we have "jeeps n' wrenches" get togethers regularly were we help each other out with projects and learn new things. Stop by the site and introduce yourself! we always have get togethers and rides planned
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
Restruction
2000 WJ 

Thank you! I really can't wait to move down to Tennessee and meet new people. Is there anyone on this site that's from Columbia that I can get to know? What are the off road parks in Columbia? I would definitely love to learn to work on my Jeep, I am a complete noob at it. I don't know if I can off road just yet, I have a completely stock daily driver and I can't afford to break it any more than it already is.
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
Restruction
2000 WJ 

I just looked at your profile adavis39 and you have a grand cherokee WJ! I have a WJ 2000 Laredo with problems soon to be fixed lol. I also noticed you have the tires I am currently looking at for my next Jeep. How are they? Do they meet your requirements? How good in Mud, Snow, Sand, Dust, Rain, Anything and everything really. I am also looking into GY W MT/R K. I want something that is good for Tennessee terrain and mud. If there's snow then that would be good also. Please suggest a tire for me . I also have a thread in tire and wheel part of the forum.
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #5
adavis39
2002 WJ 

you are going to be near Wooly's offroad park and Wheelin' in the Country. Check out 2kWJ on TNJEEPS. He had a 2000 WJ with just a Budget Boost and could go on most trails with no real issues. It threw a rod so hes in a TJ now. Wooly's has a alot of bypasses on the trails if you get to a point you are comfortable with. Wheelin' in the country is a little more hardcore. Most guys in our group daily drive our rigs so no one will push you to the point of breaking stuff (of course it will happen eventually haha). My Nittos are nice. They do well in most conditions and hold air well when I air down. Im going to be going to Duratracs soon though. They are a great all purpose tire which is nice because here in TN it can be snowing one day and 70 and sunny the next. Several people in our group run MTR's and like how they do off road but have complaint about on road use. They are apparently so light they are hard to keep balanced
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #6
Restruction
2000 WJ 

I will check out the 2 off road parks if they have a website, And I will check out 2kWJ on TNJeeps. I actually plan to have a second jeep after I get settled my WJ is going to be my sound vehicle and whatever I choose to get either a Wrangler or a XJ will be my dedicated off road rig. What kind of mud terrains do you suggest? I'd rather not have a tire that everyone else has I like to be different with tire selection if everyone has one type of tire.
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #7
adavis39
2002 WJ 

i am also considering the mickey thompson baja claw.....its a great tire that is not near as common as the goodyears and BFG's. They look great IMO and get awesome reviews. They are pretty pricey though
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 02-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #8
Restruction
2000 WJ 

The baja claw looks good but they also look heavy. How about the Hankook M/T? It looks good but I don't know about tread wear, how good it is off road. Do you think the cooper STT or Hankook M/T would be good? Anyone use them down in Tennessee?
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #9
adavis39
2002 WJ 

2kwj just put the STT's on his TJ. He hasnt really wheeled them yet but they get good reviews. A couple people on TNJEEPS run the Hankook MT and liek them. You can also PM a member named "gnalres" on the forum. He is a manager at Discount Tire and has alot of good input on customer feedback......
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 02-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #10
Restruction
2000 WJ 

gnalres on TNJeeps or JeepForum? I will pm both gnalres and 2kwj.
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #11
adavis39
2002 WJ 

on TNJEEPS
TNJEEPS.COM

Unread 02-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #12
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I like my stt's.
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #13
Restruction
2000 WJ 

How well do the STT's do on the TN terrain? I don't even know the terrain of TN yet but I want something that's good in both mud and snow.
Unread 02-12-2013, 05:48 AM   #14
pmcjeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

They do pretty good all around mud rocks and on the road their not that loud for a mud tire.
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #15
Restruction
2000 WJ 

But are they considered a dedicated mud tire? I'm looking for something that does really well in the mud as well as the TN terrain. What do you suggest for a TN terrain tire or mud tire?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.