Lift, please read, im new here - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > Lift, please read, im new here

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 12-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Zj Lift, please read, im new here

Ok, so i've read some forums that I've found via google. I don't exactly know how to find much of anything by just searching the forums.

So here's my question, I've got a stock height zj, Im planning to put a 3.5 inch lift, probably going with Iro, now this will be my first lift, so does anyone have any suggestions for a different brand? (i don't want to do a bb mostly because i want something a little bigger then 2 inches, but i dont wanna put over that in a bb because ive heard its dangerous)
I also plan to put in 32's or 33's, after the lift, i understand i'll have to trim a good amount to fit 33's, does anyone happen to have this set up?

Thanks for any help, if you can give me a link to a forum about zj lifts that'd be great, i've tried searching it but always come up empty

Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
xjmarc
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I built a ZJ a few years back and started with about 3" then went to 4". Cut about 2" out of the front fenders and cut and folded the rear. It cleared 33s pretty good. Not sure what front drive shaft you have but if it has a CV at the axle yoke you'll need to swap it for one with a u-joint because the CV type don't like 2" much less more and will come apart at the worst possible time. Not that there is a good time.
Unread 12-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Here are some pics of mine, is this a u joint? lol bacon....
img_1620.jpg   img_1621.jpg  
Unread 12-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
xjmarc
1997 XJ Cherokee 

That would be a u-joint. Consider yourself lucky cause that's one less thing to worry about.
Unread 12-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #5
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjmarc View Post
That would be a u-joint. Consider yourself lucky cause that's one less thing to worry about.
Sweet thats always a good thing! thank you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.