East Tennessee---Windrock--- Sunday 11/09 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Tennessee Jeep Forum > East Tennessee---Windrock--- Sunday 11/09

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 11-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #1
bugdewde
2005 LJ Wrangler 

East Tennessee---Windrock--- Sunday 11/09

I'm meeting a few guys at the Oliver Springs Hardees at 09:30 and should be at the Windrock OHV park parking lot by 10:00.

This will initially be a scenic ride to view the windmills for the folks that have never seen them before and have a chance to get a few pics of the beautiful fall colors.

After lunch, we'll take some more challenging trails such as 15 and Little Mule. Watching the big dogs run RattleRock is always a treat and great photo opportunity, too.

As anyone who has ever 'wheeled with me, knows the trip is all about the FOOD. There will be some manifold cooking of hot dogs or sub sandwiches and lots of snacks and stops for pics.

If you feel like getting out of the house on Sunday and enjoying the beautiful fall colors, come on up. You can PM me if you want additional details

Look for the Blue Rubi Unlimited with the TN flag front license plate

Summit Mud Dawgs 315/75-16

Last edited by bugdewde; 11-07-2008 at 12:33 PM..
bugdewde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2008, 12:32 PM   #2
chadwick65
2009 JK Wrangler 

How was the trip ? I am wanting to go down this saturday11/22. I have never wheeled before. JUst bought a 09 XJ 4 door. Have a few questions.

Is there many people down there on cold Nov weekends ?
Are the beginner trails ? Any shallow mud areas ?
The website says $17 so if there is 2 people in one jeep it cost $34 ?
Can you see the windmills froma easy trail ?

Any suggestions or recommendations for a 1st time would be great. Thanks
chadwick65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2008, 12:32 PM   #3
chadwick65
2009 JK Wrangler 

How was the trip ? I am wanting to go down this saturday11/22. I have never wheeled before. JUst bought a 09 XJ 4 door. Have a few questions.

Is there many people down there on cold Nov weekends ?
Are the beginner trails ? Any shallow mud areas ?
The website says $17 so if there is 2 people in one jeep it cost $34 ?
chadwick65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2008, 08:11 PM   #4
GraysonJeep

I didnt go on his trip, but was up there today and a couple of week ago (live about 30 min from there). We usually stick to trails 22 and 26 and similar trails for our mostly stock TJs that go.

You can see the windmills from the gravel trail. They have gates up that you are not supposed to go beyond, but even at the gates, you are only about 100yrds or so from one. Different trails are said to come up to different windmill views.

Yes, it is $17 PER PERSON, so two people is $34 for a day pass. If you plan on going several times, a 1 year pass is about $88. It runs calender year so you are best to buy it in January since it ends in December...ends in December even if you buy the year pass in August.
GraysonJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2008, 04:59 PM   #5
tnjeep03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Windrock passes

I asked about the yearly passes when I was there in November. They say that you can purchase 2009 passes beginning the first week of Dec (which is now ) so this might be an option. Unless I misunderstood, it will be good Dec 08 also. If I go again before end of the year that's what I plan to do.
tnjeep03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2008, 11:10 AM   #6
GraysonJeep

There are a few of us going up to Windrock this Sunday, 12-14-08, if anyone is up for going. I think we have 4 vehicles so far that are going.

We don't do any difficult trails or anything. I am still mostly stock on 31's so we don't do anything that I can't get through. Some of them will do a couple of harder short trails (like #5) and I will set up somewhere to take pictures.
GraysonJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.